What is the max boost for stock Evo 4 ecu?

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
Hi Sifu's,
What is the max boost for stock Evo 4 ecu? No matter how i set my boost controller to 1.2bar but the max out put is still 1bar.

Thanks

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
I believed there is boost cut but i just want to find out what is the cut limit.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
but how come my gsr got no boost cut wan..i used to boost at 1.2bar, no cut also..

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
Maybe my car got problem lol...Any Sifu here can advise?

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
ehdrian.... ur gsr no boost cut because the stock boost soleniod mostly likely not connected anymore.

james,
try use bleed valve type manual boost controller to see if you can boost past 1bar on your evo4.
if can means your electronic boost controller not set up properly. if still cannot den confirm boost cut. however, you have to be careful not to run lean while you up boost. engine will blow! gud luck!

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
raymond, ur car sold ade?

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
Thank you so much Ftzone,but currently im using Greddy Profec-B boost controller lol...
Btw,do i need to buy a bleed valve type manual boost controller to check on whether my controller is properly set up or its a boost cut rite?

Since im stock Evo 4 ecu at the moment,how can i prevent running lean when say im boosting 1.4bar? Can i just temporary increase the FPR pressure to 3.5bar?

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
just put turbo smart boost controller and ultra gate,sure the boost kao kao,must be care the air fuel ratio...

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
Haiyoh...Ah Yong ah...where r u laa my friend??? How's yr car? Runing 500hp on wheel aledi ah? hehe

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
Thank you so much Ftzone,but currently im using Greddy Profec-B boost controller lol...
Btw,do i need to buy a bleed valve type manual boost controller to check on whether my controller is properly set up or its a boost cut rite?

Since im stock Evo 4 ecu at the moment,how can i prevent running lean when say im boosting 1.4bar? Can i just temporary increase the FPR pressure to 3.5bar?
first you have to bypass the Greddy EBC and fit in the bleed valve. to do this just unconnect the vacuum hoses attached to the solenoid and replace it with the bleed valve.. if you are using external wastegate the hoses are connected differently. (EBC connects to the upper part of the wastegate while bleed valve is just bleeding of the pressure on the bottom of the wastegate) well... if u get what i mean... lazy to explain more... hehehehe.

you will have to get a wideband o2 sensor to read accurate fuel ratio... no short cut for that... however, you can still take care of the engine not to press the throttle for too long after it is over 1.3bar.

ehdrian, u mean my civic? yeah.. it's sold... thinking to sell of my wira too.. but too much money and sweat already.. cannot get good price lah.. sad

Last edited:

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
Wow...This is what i call a True Friendly Unselfish Experience Sifu Ftzone....hehe

Im not using external wastegate but upgraded to an Evo 9 actuator...How do i get a bleed valve? It is also called external boost controller? If yes,can i just purchase those selling below RM150 just for the sake of testing....?

Just waiting to get more understanding on turbo upgrade and once i know what must do and what can no need to do then i'll get turbo frm ftzone just to play play ah....Since it is economical...hehe

(Is it a must to change the engine internal when upgraded turbo even boosting below 1.5bar?)
Ive a friend driving an Evo 9 changed stage 1 cams and upgraded ecu. Other than that everything stock but boosting at 1.5bar lol...Everything seem fine so far...

Last edited:

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
Wow...This is what i call a True Friendly Unselfish Experience Sifu Ftzone....hehe

Im not using external wastegate but upgraded to an Evo 9 actuator...How do i get a bleed valve? It is also called external boost controller? If yes,can i just purchase those selling below RM150 just for the sake of testing....?

Just waiting to get more understanding on turbo upgrade and once i know what must do and what can no need to do then i'll get turbo frm ftzone just to play play ah....Since it is economical...hehe

(Is it a must to change the engine internal when upgraded turbo even boosting below 1.5bar?)
Ive a friend driving an Evo 9 changed stage 1 cams and upgraded ecu. Other than that everything stock but boosting at 1.5bar lol...Everything seem fine so far...
1st of all I'm no sifu la... but i love seafood...
aiyo... bleed valves cost MYR1 or so only la... can buy from aquarium shop. It's called Manual Boost Controller la... ask any mechanic play with turbo they sure know what u mean.
but b4 that u can just check the following

1. your hose connection to your greddy solenoid.. u should be using COM and NO ports only. NC port is left opened. COM port is connected to your actuator.. while NO port is your vacuum/boost source.
2. Your Main Unit vacuum/boost source should be "t"eed with the fuel regulator vacuum source. Or your boost meter if you have one...
3. your evo should come with a factory single boost control solenoid too... you have to plug out the stock hose and block it off... or you can try to disconnect the whole thing completely.. but can get check engine light or not i am not sure. i never tried unplugging stock sensors b4 off customer cars.

Stock evos with right air fuel ratios and timing can boost 1.5bar la.. but still risky la..... up to you la to try... later i say wrong people tembak me la. EVO1-3 boost 1.5bar w/out fuel correction very risky la.. thats what i know... it's a walking timing bomb.. can go off anytime... but why the heck u upgrade the actuator to evo9 for?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, anyone tried doing a light dimmer in your cabin? Like those BMW when the door closed, the cabin light will only goes off after a few seconds. I have tried the following circuit. Having problem... Yes, the circuit works, but the light only gets dimmer, really just dimmer and doesnt go off. Can someone share how to improve on the circuit or if a better circuit to share? Thank u.
[FONT=Times New...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience