What is the fair price for an unreg Sti V8?

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
bro,
u r good with subaru info.
can i ask what is the difference btw ver7 and ver8 type c&d technically? and ver8 typec&d and type e? thank you in advance for the knowledge sharing.
Bro, about the ver7, sorry i don't know much about her..... Actually i'm not expert in subaru. The reason i know ver8 is because last time i planning to own 1, but at lastly because of all ppl said s204 is the best, so i change to s204. Anyway, ver8 and 9 i just know about the basic knowledge only. Still learning from those senior here, hehehe.
For me, Ver8 type C and D just a very minor differences, i'll consider it the same BUT type D is quite rare because type D only produce 2000+ cars. As previous post, Type E have a better look on her rear fender, Rims changed and improvement of DCCD.

Bump:
NNB,

I think I went to see this particular model w/ volk rims shod w/ slicks. Condition is very good. I saw the vin plate and it's based on the type c Sti and it has the subaru nut as u pointed out. It also has another plate where it says tuned by TK.

Interior, driver's seat is recaro TK edition. But the passenger's is still standard Sti. the car was dynoed, and is producing 350bhp with 370+ Nm (if i remember correctly).

Oh, and the front caliper is a 6 pot TK brakes.

I AM SO CONFUSED!!! Hahahahahahaha....so many choices.

Btw, I also enquired about the S203...even used, it's pretty pricey. >RM16xk.

Thanks again NNB.
You are welcome in this case. Bro don't confuse, take your time slowly choose. :biggrin:

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Erm... how to tell you leh. Actually until now i hvt get my s204, but i do paid the deposit and ask my friend(car dealer also) to help me bid from japan. All of our imported car actually is bid from japan USS auction. So i have to wait. Since not every time got s204 available in the auction and if available also will not 100% success bid. I think less people will do like me but ! no choice, here don't have a good condition s204...... From that auction, we can see how many star(rate) of the car and the mileage of the car, that is why i choose to wait as long as can get a good condition s204. Sometime really hard to wait you know, see a 5 star s204 but overbid by other people, the feeling is very hurt.....

Last edited:

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Small amount of cash deposit is must to show you are really want that car, then wait until the car reach here and finish all those inspection, then follow back the procedure like buy other car(down payment > loan > installment).

Last edited:
A

azmir1

Just an update...

I sat in my friend's S203 (I didn't even dare asking him for a quick drive) and he took me out for a spin. He explained to me about the car, maintenance, etc. One of the differences on the S203 and 204 is the adjustable suspension (correct me if i'm wrong).

Even at the setting of 3 (4 being the hardest), it was a bearable ride for my wife - yes, the wife and kids were sitting at the back. So I can imagine the comfort level being increased with a setting of 1. He also mentioned that for regular STI, the susp would be slightly softer (YAYYY!!!).

Unfortunately, even if I wanted to, I wouldn't buy the S203/4 unless I have extra cash to change the seats. Apparently, my butt is really big :)

So, I went looking for more STI V8 today in OKR. Found 3 cars. Unfortunately, they were priced at 16xk for a 2004 model. The cheapest I've found now is at 14xk for a 2003 model.

Anyway, just to let u guys know, the loan interest will increase soon...

Later...

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Yup, i got heard about the loan will increase soon, but don't know exactly when. My s204 is success bid and will arrive here within 3 weeks, now every night cant sleep. While i'm working, my mind is s204 only :biggrin:

' xZ "

500 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Puchong
NNB,

It's the one along LDP near Mofaz (across the road from the Curve). I think it's called Damansara Autoworld.

Btw, I saw on the rivet a lot of numbers and letters (GDB, GDBC Exxxx), just to confirm with you, to find out exactly if it is type E, which model code should i be looking at?

Also, if it comes with DCCD, does it automatically means that it's type E? Does the type C have DCCD?

Thanks again.

i went check out the car b4 and it looks damn nice and new..
but got some scratches on the steering.
but type d or e im not sure..
and that car's exhaust doesnt seems original
is that car sold?
i was offered 158k, OTR 165k around there

A

azmir1

xz,

The car looks awesome. Some minor scratches is fine with me. It's actually Type C - i checked.
The car is still there last I visited, which was about 2 weekends ago.

If you want a cheaper one, go to SG in Damansara. 2003 model going for less than 150k.

' xZ "

500 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Puchong
im looking for year 2004 type e
yea that car condition is good and it still smells like a new car..
did u turn on the engine?
sounds so good lol

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
xz,

The car looks awesome. Some minor scratches is fine with me. It's actually Type C - i checked.
The car is still there last I visited, which was about 2 weekends ago.

If you want a cheaper one, go to SG in Damansara. 2003 model going for less than 150k.
Bro, careful if u wanna buy from SG. Some senior told SG's car is suspicious and converted....

A

azmir1

NNB,

That's what i heard too. There's a salesman who used to work there and told me to be careful with them...

xz,

No i didnt start the engine. But if u show intent, they'll let u test drive the car. However, of all the V8 that I've seen, i've not encounter the type E. but u should check out the TK version at links motorsport....SWEEEETTT!!!!

Bump: NNB,

That's what i heard too. There's a salesman who used to work there and told me to be careful with them...

xz,

No i didnt start the engine. But if u show intent, they'll let u test drive the car. However, of all the V8 that I've seen, i've not encounter the type E. but u should check out the TK version at links motorsport....SWEEEETTT!!!!

skubv8

Known Member
Sep 17, 2006
some correction, actually JDM v8 STi MY03 GDBC also got DCCD, can adjust.

IIRC in Japan, the DCCD is optional when you order a brand new v8 STi from Fuji Heavy Industries throught Q4 2002 until Q3 2003. In Q4 2003 they made it standard for the remaining GDBC and all of MY04 GDBD.

Bump:
NNB,

xz,

xz,

hi bro, did you try those guys at SCM who want to sell their v8 STi's? There's a few unit for sale and most of us know the owners. IMO it's easier and you'll get a clear picture of the history of the cars, not to mention better price straight from the owner.

Bump:
NNB,

xz,

xz,

hi bro, did you try those guys at SCM who want to sell their v8 STi's? There's a few unit for sale and most of us know the owners. IMO it's easier and you'll get a clear picture of the history of the cars, not to mention better price straight from the owner.

' xZ "

500 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Puchong
i think me and azmir would prefer a unreg scobby

azmir, i remember the v8 at damansara autoworld is equipped with type e sport rims, but u said it's type c?
so means the sport rims has been changed? if its type c can it be year 2004?

Last edited:

skubv8

Known Member
Sep 17, 2006
i think me and azmir would prefer a unreg scobby

azmir, i remember the v8 at damansara autoworld is equipped with type e sport rims, but u said it's type c?
so means the sport rims has been changed? if its type c can it be year 2004?
Yes, GDBC can be early 2004 also.

But GDBE rims PCD is 114.3, where as GDBC comes with PCD 100.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys , i need to know anywher in pj or subang area shop wher they can do touch up paints and how much will it cost per rims..model of the rim is enkei rp01..not the silver type ..its the black and blue line at the wall wall of the rim..can it be done..im afraid if they paint the whole rim and the blue line will be gone..and the enkei werding is on the blue line..can they touch up evrythin so it looks perfect like new??
pls guys..need help..location and price per rim..rims is sumthin like dat...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience