What is the fair price for an unreg Sti V8?

A

azmir1

Hi,

I'm contemplating getting an unreg STI V8. What do you think is a fair price for such a car?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Azmir Z.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
rm135k to rm145k nego

A

azmir1

What are the different variants of the Sti V8? i.e., why type E?

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Version 8 had 3 types which is GDBC, GDBD and GDBE. The 1st car of type c manufactured at year 2002; type D at 2003 and type E at 2004. However, type C and D is almost the same and we consider it is a 2003-2004 version 8 whereby type E is 2005(got small amount is 2004). Some different between type E and C/D is the rim and rear fender. For the performance of cause the latest model will be better. Normally u search from motor trader, u will notice the year of the car, type E will be slightly expensive but is worth to get it since it is best among version 8.

Attachments

Last edited:
A

azmir1

NNB...

when you say best among V8, what exactly? HP? Torque? Handling?

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
For me, i hvt drive this 2 cars before, therefore i cant give u the correct answer. But i have been told that handling is better(the improvement of DCCD). See the different between those pic i send before this. Left is type C/D, right is E(more nicer right due to the muscle look rear fender)

A

azmir1

Hey,

I just checked out one subaru sti v8 in damansara. Year 2004. selling for Rm158k, mileage around 2k.

I checked in the engine bay, it's stated there GDBC. Maybe i'm looking at the wrong place.

Anyway, it has DCCD. So, do you think the price is ok?

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Ver8 STi should not be so expensive, normally price rm150k- or +, some more now is type C, your price almost can get an Imp Sti Tommy kaira version 8 liao. Which garage is it? Try to press his price. Brother, check the rivet is it got "subaru" word. Nowadays many con car.

A

azmir1

NNB,

It's the one along LDP near Mofaz (across the road from the Curve). I think it's called Damansara Autoworld.

Btw, I saw on the rivet a lot of numbers and letters (GDB, GDBC Exxxx), just to confirm with you, to find out exactly if it is type E, which model code should i be looking at?

Also, if it comes with DCCD, does it automatically means that it's type E? Does the type C have DCCD?

Thanks again.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
I suggest you to find few more shop to compare. Don't too rush in pick your car, if buy wrong, you will sad forever. Below i will post that rivet, see the red circle "GDBF" which is ver9 car, so follow this same way to find your type E. For the "subaru" rivet i stated mean the "nut" of the vin plate. If STi, will embossed with "subaru" word. See the Vin plate i send you.
Yup, type C got DccD(can't adjust), type E DccD can adjust.

Attachments

Last edited:
A

azmir1

NNB,

What do you think of the Tommy Kaira V8 edition? Some garage selling for 165k.

Appreciate your opinion and info sharing :)

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Bro, for the Tommy Version, there are some different because is tuned by Tommy Kaira.
The engine of Tommy version is 2.2L(normal Sti is 2.0L) and it got 350bhp! The emblem and body kit also has been change. Sorry for the interior i can't tell u much because i never view the interior before.
Bro, if you want a good original car manufactured by Heavy Fuji industry, S series will be the 1st choice because it is limited edition, excellent interior, good performance and handling but seems now are less in Malaysia.
*Subaru Emblem change to Turtle Emblem*

Bump: So sorry for messy up your decision, just sharing my view with you only. For me, if choose version 8, S203 is my 1st choice, GDBE will be second. Tommy Kaira is good but it is tuned by other party already, and one more thing is 2.2L engine, so i think the road tax will be sightly expensive than s203.

Attachments

Last edited:
A

azmir1

NNB,

I think I went to see this particular model w/ volk rims shod w/ slicks. Condition is very good. I saw the vin plate and it's based on the type c Sti and it has the subaru nut as u pointed out. It also has another plate where it says tuned by TK.

Interior, driver's seat is recaro TK edition. But the passenger's is still standard Sti. the car was dynoed, and is producing 350bhp with 370+ Nm (if i remember correctly).

Oh, and the front caliper is a 6 pot TK brakes.

I AM SO CONFUSED!!! Hahahahahahaha....so many choices.

Btw, I also enquired about the S203...even used, it's pretty pricey. >RM16xk.

Thanks again NNB.

txperimental

Known Member
Apr 18, 2006
bro,
u r good with subaru info.
can i ask what is the difference btw ver7 and ver8 type c&d technically? and ver8 typec&d and type e? thank you in advance for the knowledge sharing.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys..y my rpm wont stable?? after had a ride,when i stop at traffic lite or entering a junction suddenly my engine stop after i change to low gear..rpm drop too low and not stable..it b'come worse when i switch on air con..

im using vr4 engine..

pls help me..:retarded:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience