What can I do with Satria Neo's Campro Engine?

unconsistent_fast

Dec 7, 2003
Agreed, seems like u are facing the same dilemma as mine last time,
GTi or Neo? In terms of power, of coz I will go for GTi,
but a 7 years car will coz how many problems? I dont know.

So I have chosen a new car which I will not worry about maintanance problem
for at least 2-3 years.

FYI, the QC for Neo has improved, not up to international standard but it is getting to.

Good luck to you, hope u can get your car soon :)

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
neo kan "inspired by lotus"
besides, no japanese influence pun... hehe...

actually kai, it all depends on how deep ur pocket is. if u want a good platform for performance to start with, neo can never beat a gti. campro is relatively new in the automotive scene, wherelse 4g93p has been around for a long time. nevertheless, i can assure u a 7 yr old car will come with probs. the car may be based on japanese tech, but it's still malaysian made... if u're going for it, be prepared for endless headaches caused by spending time n money for maintenance.
but if u're just getting familiar with the modding scene, ure better off starting with a neo. learn to appreciate the simple wonders of tech behind a machine. at least ure headache-free for at least 2-3 yrs! hehe. just keep in mind that performance is not all about how many BHP's u got under the hood. cheers!

unconsistent_fast

Dec 7, 2003

actually kai, it all depends on how deep ur pocket is. if u want a good platform for performance to start with, neo can never beat a gti. campro is relatively new in the automotive scene, wherelse 4g93p has been around for a long time. nevertheless, i can assure u a 7 yr old car will come with probs. the car may be based on japanese tech, but it's still malaysian made... if u're going for it, be prepared for endless headaches caused by spending time n money for maintenance.
but if u're just getting familiar with the modding scene, ure better off starting with a neo. learn to appreciate the simple wonders of tech behind a machine. at least ure headache-free for at least 2-3 yrs! hehe. just keep in mind that performance is not all about how many BHP's u got under the hood. cheers!
Wonderful explaination I would say.
Well what you have shared is true, the mounting for Neo is different,
so u cant put famous 4G engine in...

but recently there is a neo transplanted 4G93T inside,
not sure whether he mod the mounting as well or not need to find out.

For aftermarket parts there are few options for Neo,
but for 1-2 years there will be more I believe.

Cheers

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
haha... thanx unconsistent fast...

anyhow, i think they use 4g93t terbalik for neo, similar 2 waja... correct meif i'm wrong...

but i do agree with u la. coz i'm also driving a car with campro. the low end torque is horrible. for me, even with the full r3 exhaust system, it still feels a bit sluggish at low rpm (i'm still wondering why campro has that torque dip between 3000-4000rpm). maybe need 2 change 2 street cams... then retard the cam settings for better low end torque/power... where 2 find money ler???

what other mods u've gone for?

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
frankly, it'll depend on what u really want..
a car that has the good modern looks, or the old but reliable car.but for me, i although i'll still go with GTi, you also need to consider the terms of warranty and after-sales service. the New Neo, u still have warranty. in the GTi, dont think so..lol
Yes, obvious if you think about but good advice nevertheless.

As SkylineFan said, what do you really want ? Looks ? Performance ? Warranty ?

Few other things to consider....if you decide to go for a Neo because it is new and backed by warranty, but you are unhappy with the Campro and end up modding it, you are likely to void the warranty anyway. These days most warranties are drawn up so strictly, anything but the most basic of mods will void it. I would speculate that in order to get your Campro some much needed grunt you may have to engage with mods that void your warranty or put you on a borderline case of voiding it. Best to check with Proton beforehand what can or cannot be done.

If you want my personal opinion, I would go for a GTi. I always thought the Satrias are good looking cars. A Neo looks better but the Satria models are still very nice. A tastefully done up Satria is an attractive car. Looks are one thing, but just like a lot of things in this world, looks will only get you so far. If you want to drive a car because you enjoy driving, I'll go for performance first and, in this regard, a GTi is preferred.

Age of the car is one consideration, but as I said earlier, if you end up modding you void warranties anyway. If you done your homework and got someone who is trustworthy and qualified to make an assessment for you before you buy, you reduce the likelihood of buying a problematic old car. Besides, you don't see any shortage of consumers rushing to buy those warehoused Iswaras that Proton recently released at promotional prices.

To be honest, I would prefer to get a Putra...with the GTi a close second preference. Likely, I wouldn't even consider a Neo. This is just my personal opinion.

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
Agreed, seems like u are facing the same dilemma as mine last time,
GTi or Neo? In terms of power, of coz I will go for GTi,
but a 7 years car will coz how many problems? I dont know.

So I have chosen a new car which I will not worry about maintanance problem
for at least 2-3 years.

FYI, the QC for Neo has improved, not up to international standard but it is getting to.

Good luck to you, hope u can get your car soon :)
THanks unconsistent fast,

Now that I know u were facing the same dilemma as me now. Thanks for ur helpful comment, I think I'm standing more on the Neo side instead of GTi due to new car...:biggrin:

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007

Fosaken Avatar,

Thanks for ur awesome helpful information, I've been trying to get a 2nd hand car, not only headache due to problems of the car, but also headache about terms of finance. I'm not that sure of getting a new car need to pay how much, but getting a 2nd hand car is really costly, of paying service charge just for the runner, puspakom, transfering name fees, handy fees, this and that plus downpayment even a 30+K car with just 3K downpayment can end up charging for about 7-8K just for loan approval and everything. Been realy headache about this, that's one of the reason I'm considering of getting a new car instead...

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
Few other things to consider....if you decide to go for a Neo because it is new and backed by warranty, but you are unhappy with the Campro and end up modding it, you are likely to void the warranty anyway. These days most warranties are drawn up so strictly, anything but the most basic of mods will void it. I would speculate that in order to get your Campro some much needed grunt you may have to engage with mods that void your warranty or put you on a borderline case of voiding it. Best to check with Proton beforehand what can or cannot be done.

If you want my personal opinion, I would go for a GTi. I always thought the Satrias are good looking cars. A Neo looks better but the Satria models are still very nice. A tastefully done up Satria is an attractive car. Looks are one thing, but just like a lot of things in this world, looks will only get you so far. If you want to drive a car because you enjoy driving, I'll go for performance first and, in this regard, a GTi is preferred.

Age of the car is one consideration, but as I said earlier, if you end up modding you void warranties anyway. If you done your homework and got someone who is trustworthy and qualified to make an assessment for you before you buy, you reduce the likelihood of buying a problematic old car. Besides, you don't see any shortage of consumers rushing to buy those warehoused Iswaras that Proton recently released at promotional prices.

To be honest, I would prefer to get a Putra...with the GTi a close second preference. Likely, I wouldn't even consider a Neo. This is just my personal opinion.

Thanks Fvel,

Yeah like what u say is damn true and most are the main factors of considering between a 2nd hand car and a new car. Definitely I wouldn't change any single parts of the car if I purchased it until the warranty is over like what u said. I'm not those "too rich" fellas changing rims, tint, here and there once they got the car. I'm just looking forward to get to know as much as the future of this car as I'm not some pretty rich kid that I can change any car anytime if I don't like it, so probably once I've decided and purchase this car I will not allow any room for regret as for myself, as regreting would be very frustrating for can't do anything with it.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
hehe......well I'm not rich either but I'm still modding my car, and it is something you should take as much time as possible and get as many opinions as possible before deciding. There's no hurry especially since buying a car and doing it up is often a major expenditure of funds for most folks.

Alos, it wouldn't hurt if you can arrange for test drives and get a hands-on view rather than just listening to 3rd party opinions.

Anyway, good luck

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
Yeah FVel, and guess what guys... I've just came back from Proton showroom. Overall, I love the car pretty much, just too bad I couldn't test drive as there are no showroom car or test drive car available. Even I jumped into the Neo which is belong to someone (customer). What I would say is nice exterior, nice interior, although interior is nice but in terms of usage is not up my expectations, as I seen there are a few empty spaces that can be use as tray but I don't understand why Proton's designer just covering it up, and the console box is so small. Other than that, from outside it looks quite spacious on inside, but if u really sit inside u would feel why is it so compact. As for my height of 181cm, I need to adjust the sit to the lowest (height), if not my hair will be touching the roof. For my legs to be most comfort (manual transmission), my seat is almost reaching the rear sits. I guess these are the disadvantage of the car, but is won't really kill off my desire for this car still.

GOods of this car, I would say that for highline specs, there are few good things that I wouldn't imagine Proton would have like airbag on passenger side, tracking n recovering alarm system by Captor, remote on key for boot opening, very comfortable yet alike semi bucket seats, and cool looking gear and things like that most seen on Japanese n european cars but not local. Overall I would say a pretty satisfying car, just need to visit other showroom for a test drive asap

Any other comment about this car that members here experienced would like to share? Anything at all, not just performance. Worth buying at the price of 51K 1.6 (M) Highline?

Last edited:

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
hehe......well I'm not rich either but I'm still modding my car, and it is something you should take as much time as possible and get as many opinions as possible before deciding. There's no hurry especially since buying a car and doing it up is often a major expenditure of funds for most folks.

Alos, it wouldn't hurt if you can arrange for test drives and get a hands-on view rather than just listening to 3rd party opinions.

Anyway, good luck
Thanks FVel,

So u r currently modding ur GTi? Or Putra? Hmm, maybe will ask for ur opinions on modding after my future Neo expires it's warranty. Haven't really been into modding my own car, but have been learning into it through my best mechanical engineer (my brother):biggrin: One of the good things that my future car would be more than half being taken care by a mechanical engineer. Anyway by the time when my future Neo expires it's warranty, I guess that's the best time when I mod it cause as for now I would say Neo's parts or aftermarket is still not as many or as hot as Myvi's one. Maybe another 1 or 2 years it might be all around the shops.

One thing, I've asked one of the Proton showroom in Subang that they said I'll need to wait for 3 months for the car to arrive. That's kinda long and I might be very impatient of waiting for the damn 3 months, anyone would recommend a solution for faster delivery? Wonder why Proton and Perodua is always having this problem while other manufacturer does not.:hmmmm:

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
Bro...got a friend want to sell her Neo.Black in color with r3 spoiler and diffuser..just continue the payment...reason being, she got married and she bought the car before she marry....pm me if you interested...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All

Need some advice regarding this issue. Planing to add a GB cooler to my trammy without discrad the original one. Setup should be as attachment.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience