What can I do with Satria Neo's Campro Engine?

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
By the way, Pls do continue with the topic of Satria Neo 1.6 (M) performance, future, and of course its Campro engine. Goods and bads. Thanks!! Appreciated!

mitsubishi81

Oct 28, 2007
Penang
Hi all, nice to meet u all here,
I am a Satria Neo owner, and a member of NeoClub.

I would like to say that for stock Neo the low end torque is a bit frustrated,
can be smoke by a saga 1.5 stock easily.. no joke!

However, after changing the air intake and exhaust system,
the car is totally different, very smooth on 2k-4k rev,
then 4k.. u all know well that's the party time!

Overrall I have no regret for it, a fuel efficient car (below 0.15 under normal drive),
powerful car in highway and when spirited drive once a while..
Furthermore, the aerodynamic for Satria Neo is marverlous,
that y it can go so fast and yet stable enough in 160km/h.

For future mod on campro engine,
I think I might go for 262 degree racing cam + Adjustable cam pully,
and with Unichip Q.

That's my comment on my lovely neo ;)
I agree your suggestion, if want more power that mean u need more input and also ouput.

Not only Neo, other car also same. Or you also can try change Crank Pully, it improve throttle response, horsepower.

Last edited:

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
Alright,

Can I add in another topic besides that. Just need to see what would u guys choose if you were in my shoes.

If you were to choose:
Satria GTi 1.8 (M) say maybe yr 2000/2001 VS Satria Neo 1.6 (M)
In terms of overall, includes outlook, performance, interior...etc everything.
Lets say price is the same.

Pls vote guys. Thank you.

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
Thanks dreamsquall & GT Auto for your continuous support, esp GT Auto. Other members who read this thread pls do drop down your vote.

Proton Satria GTi 1.8 (M) VS Proton Satria Neo 1.6 (M)

Pls Vote

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Satria Gti 1.8 loo...Far better in term of look and interior.

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
Hmm, so many ppl prefers GTi than Neo even though Neo is new and GTi is older. Great... Pls continue to VOTE guys. Thanks for all of ur support. Nice knowing all of u great buddies.

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Actually I prefer the older Proton model bcoz nowadays Proton is more about quantity instead of quality...

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
hello....
im a Neo owner....if i a new GTI and Neo selling the same price then i will choose GTI...
i want throttle reponse and torque more than top speed.....

the question is, u want top speed or torque+response?

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
hello....
im a Neo owner....if i a new GTI and Neo selling the same price then i will choose GTI...
i want throttle reponse and torque more than top speed.....

the question is, u want top speed or torque+response?
Thanks Speedking,

Very very helpful and useful comments from a Neo owner. Looks like u own one but u would even prefer a GTi instead of Neo. I was trying to make myself think Neo is better maybe just in the sense of new/ newer car cause I was driving Satria 1.3GLi after got license, then Wira 1.8SOHC, so kinda bored of the looks and interior "feel", but true that anyhow the driving experience is still the main factor for ppl like us, VRoooM...enthusiasts:thefinger:

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
SPEEDKING,

Dude, since u're a Neo owner. U driving 1.6 (M)? Can u pls share with me urexperience of driving the car? Goods and Bads? In a more detail way if u dun mind of typing so many words.=P I'm really considering for now, before that I was actually browsing through Civics, but finance term problem this and that frustrates me alot so must well get a Satria, but dunno want GTi or Neo. Price almost the same, but condition alot different. GTi is yr 00, while Neo is yr 06. Do u guys think that condition and whether is new or old is not important as long as the performance is worth it?

Pls continue comment, goods or bads or whatever u like to comment about Satria Neo, or GTi. Thank U!

SkyLine Fan

Aug 2, 2007
frankly, it'll depend on what u really want..
a car that has the good modern looks, or the old but reliable car.but for me, i although i'll still go with GTi, you also need to consider the terms of warranty and after-sales service. the New Neo, u still have warranty. in the GTi, dont think so..lol

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
If me, i will prefer Neo, why,
first, new car
second, ofcoz the chassis itself...still tough

although i like the gti performance and look but with nowdays, gti is a target by 'stupid people', i prefer go with Neo. Don't want to live in scary and always thinking about where you park your car.

ofcoz, Neo also can be stolen but the percentange of gti be stolen is higher...

Just my 2 cent....cheers

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Helo everyone!!! Just a newbie on car...I got this Mitsubishi Lancer 4g15 12v SOHC with c62 body (A month ago). Engine is still in great condition but it lacks power. I went to the mechanic and had the clutch assy replaced with aisi disk and excel pressure and release bearing. Even the timing belt was replaced and valve tuned. However on long drive, my car jitters on 1500 rev especially during gear shift. Could it be a defective clutch disk?
Another thing, may i ask what could be done in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience