4g15 mod pro street

Dec 20, 2006
Helo everyone!!! Just a newbie on car...I got this Mitsubishi Lancer 4g15 12v SOHC with c62 body (A month ago). Engine is still in great condition but it lacks power. I went to the mechanic and had the clutch assy replaced with aisi disk and excel pressure and release bearing. Even the timing belt was replaced and valve tuned. However on long drive, my car jitters on 1500 rev especially during gear shift. Could it be a defective clutch disk?
Another thing, may i ask what could be done in order for me to squeeze a bit of power on my motor -- not for racing, just a pro-street setupwith good motor responce...

Thanks!!!:cry_smile:

MiOKu

Known Member
Oct 27, 2005
juz simple mod will do the job.. for example exhaust system or intake system...

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
Carb or Injection ?
For Carb, try to service your carb, or find weber carb. for performance.
internally - change to high cam, Porting n Polishing cylinder head.
change to tuned extractor.
I think thats enough for street performance unless your engines needs major reapir due to worned out piston rings, leaking gaskets, loose bearings etc.

cheers !

Cohiba

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
if u dont mind noise,u can dump in a new exhaust system, and a new open pod airfilter....that should generate a few horsies for ya rite there :regular_smile:

unknown1x

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
hmm yep. agree with cohiba.. if wan simple performacnce upgrade.. drop in a better flow air filer.. such as zenden/k&n and other brand, change your exhaust + extrator, remove catalyc converter, .. these few will help improve response and power..

if you looking more.. can change to light weight /adj cam pulley, cam shaft, p&p bore engine block.. and some extra.. i not really sure..

more insane.. drop in turbo .. then throw away your spare tyres.. seats,, aircond... all nonsense.. then really power.. hahahah

besides.. if you drive with aircond off.. sure more power one.. best and easiest way..

anyway.. after power upgrade.. better upgrade ur handling by little.. maybe add some anti-roll bad, strut, better tyres.. and suspension system.. heheh

wellcome to the world where ur money goes.. into.. mechine.. hheehe

Cohiba

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
hahaha...yea man...

like me, i upgrade my car in stages...'( i.e = 1st stage : change air filter,exhaust system ).........then 'layan' the increase of HP/torque till u get used to it....then u upgrade more :_:

but make sure u plan out properly on what u wanna do....if not for sure it'll become double job ( based on personal experience ).....hence, u'll end up forking out more money....

happy modding !!:regular_smile:

Pitchaxis333

Dec 20, 2006
Thanks GUYS !!!! BUT SOB....

Thanks a lot men but sob...my engine died a week ago. Washed the engine bay its started though, but jeez. it choked and died and never woke up after stepping on the pedal. :sad_smile::sad_smile::sad_smile: Engine is cranking though. it just wont start. Knowlegeable mechanic on ECUs are hard to find. And ECU here is expensive!!!! Diagnostic and ECU servicing here is rare!!! :baring_teeth::baring_teeth::baring_teeth:- Distributor is good, spark is good fuel injector is failing thats why maybe engine fails... Some says its ECU...Dunno, still need to deal with ecu stuffs to verify...

Any infos will again help...

Thank you!!!:regular_smile:

unknown1x

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
-_- where you from? here(malaysia) dont have any mech that good in ecu? -_- alittle rare right?

Pitchaxis333

Dec 20, 2006

Hi there... im from manila philippines...we have here...but surely costs a lot!!! but street auto and repair shops here does not commonly offer ECU repair, ECU modification, Programming and diagnose. You can go to CAR FACTORY SERVICING but then again...you will pay gold.....

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeap... ECU tuning/repair do cost alot everywhere... coz u need electronics stuff to diagnose ur car ECU and retune it... as for carbie, many workshop under the tree can do coz they only needs a screwdriver and years of experience....

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Pitchaxis333 said:
Thanks a lot men but sob...my engine died a week ago. Washed the engine bay its started though, but jeez. it choked and died and never woke up after stepping on the pedal. :sad_smile::sad_smile::sad_smile: Engine is cranking though. it just wont start. Knowlegeable mechanic on ECUs are hard to find. And ECU here is expensive!!!! Diagnostic and ECU servicing here is rare!!! :baring_teeth::baring_teeth::baring_teeth:- Distributor is good, spark is good fuel injector is failing thats why maybe engine fails... Some says its ECU...Dunno, still need to deal with ecu stuffs to verify...

Any infos will again help...

Thank you!!!:regular_smile:
huh ? you mean it happened after engine wash..meaning water have damaged some parts.

How you know distributor and spark plug is good ?

Pitchaxis333

Dec 20, 2006
SHES Alive again!!!!

Thanks guys. She died because of one failing organ...the FUEL PUMP!!! Shes been giving signs of it but i was caught unaware. It just so happen that pump given up after i did the washing. Shes been good though, the car didnt broke down anywhere else!!!

As for all of you, im happy how supportive this site was...THNX!!!!

Ive been thingking of modifying my baby far too soon. Ill just shift to improving my suspension cause its kinda cheotic while im inside..

unknown1x

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
well.. good luck^^
you can alway get adjustables + some bars for starts.. jeje

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,
my car giving me loads and loads of prob lately, it's a a satria 1.3. engine and its like soo underpowered, abit leaking, handling damn out ,my 4 damper alredy k.o, basically its like damn bad cond, if sell also i get shit for its price..yesterday my engine like giving me this creepy feeling when i drive untill a certain speed the front part of my car is like bouncy, kinda like when u are driving with a benggkok rim...but its not bengkok, so i tot it maybe the engine la...maybe...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience