4g15 mod

Azrul80

Oct 9, 2011
Penang
Hi all, i using proton wira with standart engine, 4g15 carb. now I plan to mod with 4g18 part, like is crank shaft, piston and con rod, because I listen so many ppl already done with it. How to make it? Any people n fren have done mod like this, how about performance and whp? Sorry laa, I still nubis... :burnout:

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
4G15 injection user here. Good to know people are still modding Wiras! I honestly have no idea what to do next actually. So many routes to go. I'm trying to keep it as subtle as possible though.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You guys live in what country exactly? There are tonnes of Wira modders here in ZTH and other places.

4G18 Waja crank + CPS 1.6 77mm pistons = stroking goodness on a 4G15 engine. Best part is it's completely undetectable. There's lots you can mod for subtle power gains without making it obvious. All a matter of $ (budget)

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
You guys live in what country exactly? There are tonnes of Wira modders here in ZTH and other places.

4G18 Waja crank + CPS 1.6 77mm pistons = stroking goodness on a 4G15 engine. Best part is it's completely undetectable. There's lots you can mod for subtle power gains without making it obvious. All a matter of $ (budget)
Same country as you really. But I'm sort of thinking that not a lot of people mod Wiras anymore because they're old? :confused:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Same country as you really. But I'm sort of thinking that not a lot of people mod Wiras anymore because they're old? :confused:
No no no.. old is gold. Why do you think GSR, Mivec and 4G93 engines are still so expensive at halfcut shops? Cuz there's demand! That means lots of Satria / Wira modders out there la

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
No no no.. old is gold. Why do you think GSR, Mivec and 4G93 engines are still so expensive at halfcut shops? Cuz there's demand! That means lots of Satria / Wira modders out there la
That's the problem. Supplies are getting lesser and lesser. ;_;

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Even 4G92 MIVEC halfcut cost like 9k and above. 4A-GE 20 Valve cost less than that.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That's the problem. Supplies are getting lesser and lesser. ;_;
That's why I'm asking where you from. If you give me 10k now, I can immediately get you a nice Mivec or 4G93 very easily. Where got lesser and lesser?

Anyway, let's talk about modding! :biggrin:

Who got a 4G15 and what's your budget? Come come let's project the car

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
That's why I'm asking where you from. If you give me 10k now, I can immediately get you a nice Mivec or 4G93 very easily. Where got lesser and lesser?

I've got one! But budget and the rest are unknown. At the moment my family is kind of pushing my to change cars next year, and they kind of want me to get a Myvi. Which to me. Is quite the bad. So I'm not sure what's coming off though. I like my 4G15. :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I've got one! But budget and the rest are unknown. At the moment my family is kind of pushing my to change cars next year, and they kind of want me to get a Myvi. Which to me. Is quite the bad. So I'm not sure what's coming off though. I like my 4G15. :biggrin:
Is yours an aeroback or sedan? Either way it'll be bigger than a Myvi. Same 1.5L capacity but the Myvi probably will do better FC. Parts are expensive for the Myvi compared to the Wira and maintenance is easier with the Wira. So easy in fact, you can DIY almost everything.

For a small sum of money, you could refurbish the interior, replace worn/torn parts and probably a small paint touchup the car will last you easily another 10 years. Only thing is insurance may not be ideal since there's a 5% loading on cars older than 9 years.

Wira has more space than the Myvi and more modding potential than the Myvi. The only downside unfortunately - it's higher in the theft scene than the Myvi. So secure it well and you'll be good. If you know how, you can custom mod the Wira to be harder to start/steal too. Oh and lastly 4G93T / Mivec / GSR are cheaper than K3VET.

Hehehehe.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Fingers still itchy after selling off the hero.....:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Since everyone is talking about 4G15 mod, today a mechanic told me some of the downsides of modding 4-2-1 extractor. According to him, the absence of heat shield for extractor will increase the temperature of my engine bay which might melt or damage the plastic fan infront of the extractor. Another point is, he says these aftermarket extractors have a thinner piping wall compared to stock which he says probability of it cracking is higher. True?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Since everyone is talking about 4G15 mod, today a mechanic told me some of the downsides of modding 4-2-1 extractor. According to him, the absence of heat shield for extractor will increase the temperature of my engine bay which might melt or damage the plastic fan infront of the extractor. Another point is, he says these aftermarket extractors have a thinner piping wall compared to stock which he says probability of it cracking is higher. True?
some cheap one do crack easily.
most expensive type are thicker.still,thinner than oem as to reduce cost.

on the heat issue,that is why they invent thermal wrap.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Hi all, i using proton wira with standart engine, 4g15 carb. now I plan to mod with 4g18 part, like is crank shaft, piston and con rod, because I listen so many ppl already done with it. How to make it? Any people n fren have done mod like this, how about performance and whp? Sorry laa, I still nubis... :burnout:
if u wish to keep the stock engine then there are limited potential.

change the engine then u will have a lot more toys to play with.

me,i will find a weber carb(keep it ol skool),extractor,mild cam,crank pulley.
enouhh to surprise some punk..hehehe.

if i go for turbo i am afraid i wont libe long enouhh.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
some cheap one do crack easily.
most expensive type are thicker.still,thinner than oem as to reduce cost.

on the heat issue,that is why they invent thermal wrap.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

if u wish to keep the stock engine then there are limited potential.

change the engine then u will have a lot more toys to play with.

me,i will find a weber carb(keep it ol skool),extractor,mild cam,crank pulley.
enouhh to surprise some punk..hehehe.

if i go for turbo i am afraid i wont libe long enouhh.
The shop that I ask for 4-2-1 was quoting me at RM140 including installation. Full piping costs 400 plus. That doesn't seem too convincing.

Thermal wrap are those white coloured wrap? Or those aluminium foil type?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
OEM exhaust are made of cast iron and are heavy. Extractors are made of piping bent and welded. The possibility of crack are the welded parts but so far good brand have survived a pretty long time.
To me those heat shield are more for protection from touching the hot exhaust as the engine compartment is still hot, with or without the heat shield. In my previous time owning a wira for years with extractor fitted have not seen a fan melted before. In fact the fan blowing air cools the extractor....hahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

come here to give tips and hints about the 2way alarm.

i am using King Eagle. Functional wise is pretty good though the communication range doesnt seems to be as far as stated.

- Question on remote start.

My system crank 'abit' longer than normal turn-key start. Is not axactly overcranking. During normal key start my car only require half second crank whereby the alarm system crank for a second lo.

currently the 'stop-cranking' sensor is connected to 'Check oil pressure'. So i wonder...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience