What can I do with Satria Neo's Campro Engine?

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
there is no engine that no need rev high rpm to gain more power....most of the time....

but here alot peole said no power...becoz they didn`t really tekan...

if i said high rev can gain more power then a 20yearsold age engine..mean this campro have the power lo...
just the matter of still need to do more tuning on the power deliver...

if wan to compare..then why not compare to our campro with previous proton 4g92..1.6cc....in stock.... then you see the different.

Guys...you have to be happy that what you own....if you bought a car that is can`t satisfied you..then why you wan to get that car...
Sean,

Not to say that I'm not satisfied with the car. If I have option of choosing cars with the same price and same terms, I will not choose Proton. Is logic, if Toyota Vios is same price as Proton Waja today, do u think there will still be people buying Waja? Overall I like Satria Neo alot ever since I saw the spy pics 2 years back, is just that rumours about the Campro engine is a total failure that makes me wonder how good is a campro engine compares to a mitsubishi engine. That's why I need advice and suggestion from all of u guys before I buy..:biggrin:

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
no hard feeling seanlee,i smoke a few neo before with my stock 1.6 satria.
maybe they don't know how to drag or what.just saying that compare to
mine,this campro engine is quite heavy in term of acceleration.i drove
it myself.thought of getting 1 myself but the roof turn me off.to low.
hit my head.but a friend of mine told me that campro top speed can hit
215km/h.quite impressive.just my 2 cent.

Dude, serious the roof hit ur head? How tall are u? I'm 181cm, but I haven't gone to a Proton Showroom yet to test the car.:biggrin:

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
Dear Members,

I have no idea what is the actual Break Horse Power (BHP) of the Satria Neo 1.6 (M) as I haven't test the car at the showroom. Couldn't get the info from Proton.com.my, can anyone tells me that? Thanks~

1.What is the number of (BHP) Horse Power for Satria Neo 1.6 (M)?
2. This campro engine is it Twin Cam (DOHC) or single cam?

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
1. theoretically 110BHP on flywheel, about 15% power loss in gear train... so around 93BHP on wheels...

2. campro = 4-cylinder inline DOHC engine.

mitsubishi81

Oct 28, 2007
Penang
Hmm... I prefer REV than Torque when it comes to driving. That's one major reason why Honda's Twincam VTEC attracts me so much, but too bad in terms of finance I don't think I can get one for now, maybe another yr to go.

I have personally tested my Wira 1.8 (A) single cam dragging with Neo 1.6 not sure manual or auto, starting acceleration (pick-up), to be honest I was ahead of the Neo, but when it comes to high speed somehow Neo managed to catch up, but the thing is my Wira engine is not in perfect condition and power has already went down. So I was thinking how fast can the original engine be.
Is it true that Neo was faster then 4G93 SOHC?

I just upg my 4G15 to 4G93 SOHC Manual and i can easy to smoke Waja 1.6 Auto.

Waja 4G18 A:
NGK Plug Cable
Denso Iridium Spark Plug
Crank Pully
Raizin Volt Stabilizer with Ground Cable (Pivot)
GAB Sport Absorber
Aerospeed Fuel Regulator

4G93 SOHC M:
Original Plug Cable
Denso Normal Spark Plug
Raizin Volt Stabalizer with Ground (Pivot)
GAB Sport Absorber
Bot: 1 12" Double Coil Woofer, 2 Power Amp, 1 17" IBM CRT Monitor, 1 Big
Heavy Tools Box, Many of Car Magzine, 1 DELL Desktop.

I think 4G93 must powerfull then 1.6 Campro, 1.8 was more torque and higher HP then Campro. And i got try on highway it can easy to hit 180km/h at about 1KM only.

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
yes...in theoritical....4g93 sohc is power..but once come to POwer weight ratio....Neo will win in top speed...also speed climb...but ofcourse...4g93 also have their own strong point....

is all back to to the driver on how they deliver..the power that given.

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
1. theoretically 110BHP on flywheel, about 15% power loss in gear train... so around 93BHP on wheels...

2. campro = 4-cylinder inline DOHC engine.
Hmm, was trying to get this information through proton.com.my but couldn't find it. Thanks alot anyway for the info, but honestly 1.6 DOHC engine only produces not even 100 BHP is not really good enough comparing to Suzuki Swift with only 1.5 CC comes with 110+ BHP.:hmmmm:

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
yes...in theoritical....4g93 sohc is power..but once come to POwer weight ratio....Neo will win in top speed...also speed climb...but ofcourse...4g93 also have their own strong point....

is all back to to the driver on how they deliver..the power that given.

Sean,

I agree with what u say. Personally I prefer the power of acceleration than high speed. Cause we all drive more in town than outstation, so high speed is not a major issue only when it comes to midnight or North-South highway.:biggrin:

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007

I think 4G93 must powerfull then 1.6 Campro, 1.8 was more torque and higher HP then Campro. And i got try on highway it can easy to hit 180km/h at about 1KM only.
Dude,

U can easily smoke waja 1.6. Is the waja campro engine or the renault engine? If is renault engine I think a satria 1.3 (M) also can smoke it. Renault engine in Waja is totally useless. If is a 1.6 campro I'm not so sure. But in terms of Acceleration definitely campro can lose to any other same level car, but when it is on high speed it is hard to say, but still like others said here, how the driver drives and accelerate and change gear is also the main reason. So is hard to be that 100% accurate only if is driven by 1 professional driver testing both cars by time trial.

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
Hmm, was trying to get this information through proton.com.my but couldn't find it. Thanks alot anyway for the info, but honestly 1.6 DOHC engine only produces not even 100 BHP is not really good enough comparing to Suzuki Swift with only 1.5 CC comes with 110+ BHP.:hmmmm:
Actually CamPro is just a basic DOHC engine. unlike most modern cars nowadays, it doesn't come equipped with variable valve-timing @ cam profile switching tech... so yea, on the papers... Swift has higher top end horsepower...

but then again, there is more to it than just mere top end horsepower that defines how a car performs. think about these factors:

1) power-to-weight ratio.
2) transmission (auto takes more time to accelerate).
3) power/torque vs. rpm curve characteristics.

kelv!n

Known Member
Jul 28, 2006
get your campro...ECU to tune up in Proton POwertrain....
max increase 10whp....
i just got this news only...next month the tuner goin to Aust for proton campro tuning.
got for proton mitsu engine tuning anot :p

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
GT AUTO,

Sure can't be approved by JPJ even if I spend them a drink? No point if can't be approve, later on if road block or what it will be very troublesome.
Thanks anyway for your kind response.
sure cannot one.the guy who approve ur car could be fired.
Dude, serious the roof hit ur head? How tall are u? I'm 181cm, but I haven't gone to a Proton Showroom yet to test the car.:biggrin:
178cm.quite a good guesser ar u.:)

Waja 4G18 A:
NGK Plug Cable
Denso Iridium Spark Plug
Crank Pully
Raizin Volt Stabilizer with Ground Cable (Pivot)
GAB Sport Absorber
Aerospeed Fuel Regulator

4G93 SOHC M:
Original Plug Cable
Denso Normal Spark Plug
Raizin Volt Stabalizer with Ground (Pivot)
GAB Sport Absorber
Bot: 1 12" Double Coil Woofer, 2 Power Amp, 1 17" IBM CRT Monitor, 1 Big
Heavy Tools Box, Many of Car Magzine, 1 DELL Desktop.

he said his car accelerate better then neo.at the end the neo can tailgate him.

unconsistent_fast

Dec 7, 2003
Hi all, nice to meet u all here,
I am a Satria Neo owner, and a member of NeoClub.

I would like to say that for stock Neo the low end torque is a bit frustrated,
can be smoke by a saga 1.5 stock easily.. no joke!

However, after changing the air intake and exhaust system,
the car is totally different, very smooth on 2k-4k rev,
then 4k.. u all know well that's the party time!

Overrall I have no regret for it, a fuel efficient car (below 0.15 under normal drive),
powerful car in highway and when spirited drive once a while..
Furthermore, the aerodynamic for Satria Neo is marverlous,
that y it can go so fast and yet stable enough in 160km/h.

For future mod on campro engine,
I think I might go for 262 degree racing cam + Adjustable cam pully,
and with Unichip Q.

That's my comment on my lovely neo ;)

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
Hi all, nice to meet u all here,
I am a Satria Neo owner, and a member of NeoClub.

I would like to say that for stock Neo the low end torque is a bit frustrated,
can be smoke by a saga 1.5 stock easily.. no joke!

However, after changing the air intake and exhaust system,
the car is totally different, very smooth on 2k-4k rev,
then 4k.. u all know well that's the party time!

Overrall I have no regret for it, a fuel efficient car (below 0.15 under normal drive),
powerful car in highway and when spirited drive once a while..
Furthermore, the aerodynamic for Satria Neo is marverlous,
that y it can go so fast and yet stable enough in 160km/h.

Dude,

Thanks alot for ur helpful information. Maybe I should get myself to one of the showroom soonest and test to see if my head will bang the roof.:biggrin:

kai6300

Known Member
May 8, 2007
Dear members in this thread,

A question came through my mind and I think I should shout it out for some advice again. In terms of the market value of this car, what do u guys think? Cause I browse through MotorTrader, Satria Neo yr 06', 1.6 (M) only selling at 38K starting price. Compare to Satria GTi yr 00/01, it is still selling at about 32K - 38K? Any comments?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

Would like to share a practice work with the community on why you should never rush a paint job.

Below is a spoiler that has heavy oxidation on the clearcoat which should not have happen as the car is only 5 years old and well taken care of by the owner. Note that only the spoiler display such symptoms...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience