what about DVVT for myvi?

shb-6000

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Ipoh
Help!!!what about DVVT for myvi?DVVT can set up VAFC?

anyone pls explian DVVT function....and comper with vtec..thanks

Last edited:

evo4g63

500 RPM
May 29, 2004
PJ
www.zerotohundred.com
DVVT = Dynamic Variable Valve Timing..... basicaly is just meant or design for fuel saving instead like the MMC Mivec or Honda VTEC so call higher power or toque... the diff of the DVVT engine was it was using a timing chain instead of usual of timing belt... hear ppl say tat can save up quite some $$$ cos not need to change timing belt wor... but not confirm bout tat.... although i driving a dvvt engine...

dun flame me if i m wrong.. cheers

facelift

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
So DVVT not for performance. Are there any similarity with Toyota's VVT-i?

evo4g63

500 RPM
May 29, 2004
PJ
www.zerotohundred.com
well basicaly i hv seen the kembara dvvt fix the safc but the owner has sold off the gadjet due to selling of the car, as for vafc i m not sure bout it will try to check for u guys .. but might need sum time b4 i can really gave a confirm answer..
function of dvvt can b say same as VVT-i kuah... cos born under same mama (toyota own the stakes of daihatsu in japan) if you notice the engine of avanza n kembara r the same engine just diff by the displacement of the engine... this same goes to the myvi...

just for sharing for my experience i hv no problem keeping up wif standard 1.5 vios vvt-i wif my standard dvvt 1.3 on the straight road but due to the weight & staibility of my car was not allow me to going faster.... :P

will try to help out to answer ur question but if i m wrong pls let me know cheers

K-Kid

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Earth
Nup, you can't use a VAFC on DVVT

unlike Vtec or Mivec which use a push rod mechanism like on and off
DVVT use a variable pulley which change the timing constantly to suit the engine's condition

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Call me 012 4769725 if u see DB808 white Honda integra DC2. Car went missing between 20:15 to 22:15 in Pisa, Penang. Tq.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience