Weird substance inside radiator

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
renesis, i face this problem with power windows. Still use hand to push up.
is it safe apply some lubricant on the rubber ? suspect rubber is the culprit.
like the above mentioned, silicon based lube pls... no petroleum based stuff. If u suspect its the rubber, just remove it and try wind up and down... can test test.:listen:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Meanwhile, today I was stuck with power window problem. Window jammed and got cracking sound when trying to wind up and down. Is the same window on the front passenger side where I got the motor replaced 2 years ago. All these while, the window is okay without any hesitation in winding up and down but just today it had this cracking sound like scraping against something. :banghead:
Wira common problem loh! Mine Power front changed twice, even manual wind rear changed once......lol

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
renesis, i face this problem with power windows. Still use hand to push up.
is it safe apply some lubricant on the rubber ? suspect rubber is the culprit.
Nowadays got window rubber lube mah! Can buy of the rack......:driver:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What radiator are you using? I'm not sure what materials are used in making radiator nowadays. I know old cars uses copper and aftermarket ones are usually aluminum.
You said it already, Rust mostly from cast iron block not radiator.......:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Lucky small damage.....lol
Yeah, but got nagged a bit from family. Keep asking why I wind down the window.

The repair today is also cheap because the makat shop guy knows my grandfather very well. Refuse to charge labor cost. Just pay for the cable thing.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah, but got nagged a bit from family. Keep asking why I wind down the window.

The repair today is also cheap because the makat shop guy knows my grandfather very well. Refuse to charge labor cost. Just pay for the cable thing.
I will tell them power window is for what, if don't use......hhahahhahahhaha:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I will tell them power window is for what, if don't use......hhahahhahahhaha:driver:
Hahahahaha. I will tell them this if they mention about it again. They ask me why I wind it down for no reason. I said, to talk to friend la.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Hahaha....RENESIS, if u the youngest in family. I understand. Even tiny thing also kena questions.
Happen to me....lol...married, got kid.
My mom still treat me as budak. Wahahaha....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Hahaha....RENESIS, if u the youngest in family. I understand. Even tiny thing also kena questions.
Happen to me....lol...married, got kid.
My mom still treat me as budak. Wahahaha....
I'm not the youngest, still have a younger brother. But everyone else in my family is way older, no one around my age group or even near it. My grandparents, mother, aunt, uncle. All of them over 50 years old except my mother which is in her 40s.

How old are you? It is not a bad thing to have a mother who still cares a lot about you.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
36. Just layan mom caring.
But I bought car and house. She duno until I show her.
Dun wan her worry so much, 70's already. lol...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
36. Just layan mom caring.
But I bought car and house. She duno until I show her.
Dun wan her worry so much, 70's already. lol...
You are much older than me. :biggrin:

Yeah, need to take care and spend more time with your mother now. Like my grandparents, in their 80s now. They took care of me since I was born until now.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
What radiator are you using? I'm not sure what materials are used in making radiator nowadays. I know old cars uses copper and aftermarket ones are usually aluminum.
AVS Aluminium radiator...quite old already though.. i think more than 6 years in the car.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hahahahaha. I will tell them this if they mention about it again. They ask me why I wind it down for no reason. I said, to talk to friend la.
Especially taking and submitting parking ticket, don't use window damn susah loh.......:thefinger:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
AVS Aluminium radiator...quite old already though.. i think more than 6 years in the car.
If it is aluminium, then how can it rust. :confused:

Especially taking and submitting parking ticket, don't use window damn susah loh.......:thefinger:
But now, the problem appears on passenger side front window. Can't argue with that. Also, the Myvi I have at home also got window problem. Very difficult to wind up, easily get jammed. 3 windows affected. Only driver side okay. :banghead:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But now, the problem appears on passenger side front window. Can't argue with that. Also, the Myvi I have at home also got window problem. Very difficult to wind up, easily get jammed. 3 windows affected. Only driver side okay. :banghead:
Check see what is wrong. Sometimes misalignment, sometimes rubber and glass tight, sometimes cable, or motor no strength dy. So got to check what is wrong and tackle accordingly.....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Check see what is wrong. Sometimes misalignment, sometimes rubber and glass tight, sometimes cable, or motor no strength dy. So got to check what is wrong and tackle accordingly.....:driver:
It has been like that for quite some time already. Just that family and my younger bro din't bother to get it checked. They just say, leave it and don't wind down the windows. Plus, now my younger bro is at PJ, the car is left at Ipoh. Become like my 2nd car already. :biggrin:

It has been a week already since the thermostat fix for my car. So far, so good. Temperature won't even go over 50% no matter what.

Bremboy71

Feb 3, 2009
Unmineralized water see if you can find it or change your coolant. We found some issues with certain coolants that they say what they want on the label, Use a good brand to avoid any complications.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Unmineralized water see if you can find it or change your coolant. We found some issues with certain coolants that they say what they want on the label, Use a good brand to avoid any complications.
I'm using this Toyota coolant now. Should be reliable.

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The highly popular 1,5L Vios has been facelifted for 2021 and is set to arrive with a new sportier face and a range of new safety features. Bookings are now open and will begin now via online and the dealerships. The newly enhanced Vios, with its Toyota Safety Sense (TSS) that includes pre-collision system (PCS) and lane departure alert (LDA) earn it a 5-start ASEAN NCAP safety rating...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience