VW Golf GTi Mk6

KeeSeong

Known Member
Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all sifus,

Jus bought a mk6 gti from a direct seller.. i plan to change to golf R tail lamp.. can any sifu advise which brand to go for?

Currently I survey are either depo, vland and the 1 offer from maps garage sunway (I duno wad brand is tat).

I hv checked for the ori and it cost 4K from volks!!!! Crazyyyy mehh

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi all sifus,

Jus bought a mk6 gti from a direct seller.. i plan to change to golf R tail lamp.. can any sifu advise which brand to go for?

Currently I survey are either depo, vland and the 1 offer from maps garage sunway (I duno wad brand is tat).

I hv checked for the ori and it cost 4K from volks!!!! Crazyyyy mehh
Check with Quattro Autohaus Sdn Bhd. at Bandar Sunway, what is their price? They deal with VW and Audi parts

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Rather than Depo or any of those aftermarket China Taiwan stuff, better just stick with original lamp. Original lamp is always the best quality.

KeeSeong

Known Member
Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just checked with Quattro motorsport @ sungai buloh.. they r selling for 2,680 for ori.. the price is ok for me..

But how to I differentiate whether is ori or not? Coz replica also look quite the same le...

Any sifus can advise ???

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just checked with Quattro motorsport @ sungai buloh.. they r selling for 2,680 for ori.. the price is ok for me..

But how to I differentiate whether is ori or not? Coz replica also look quite the same le...

Any sifus can advise ???
That is always what I am afraid off when prices are much cheaper.....:smokin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
That is always what I am afraid off when prices are much cheaper.....:smokin:
In general...to be sure, one can check;

1.marking/wording on the lens
2.wiring and connector used
3.material and finishing
4.production marking.

There should be distinctive different in marking between ori part and OEM part. But one has to see and feel the ori part first.

Maybe can check the local custom house which can do matrix custom led light for u since the price already cost more than normal car part.car will become unique and car guys will try very hard to keep up with the GTI for the sake of getting 2nd look to play guess which model is it

KeeSeong

Known Member
Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
In general...to be sure, one can check;

1.marking/wording on the lens
2.wiring and connector used
3.material and finishing
4.production marking.

Maybe I can use my ori lamp and compare against the new lamp and check as per the above mentioned.

Thanks for advise

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
They selling depo brand @ Rm1,399.
Go look at the Depo one in person and compare side by side with original.

See whether you can accept the flaws with Depo. If from exterior doesn’t look very different I’d go for the Depo.

But for headlamps I will go for original, always. Fake ones basically don’t throw the light as well, got hot spots, blind oncoming traffic and basically damn dim.

Reactions: Izso

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Go look at the Depo one in person and compare side by side with original.

See whether you can accept the flaws with Depo. If from exterior doesn’t look very different I’d go for the Depo.

But for headlamps I will go for original, always. Fake ones basically don’t throw the light as well, got hot spots, blind oncoming traffic and basically damn dim.
Not to mention fitment, questionable wiring and clear coat durability too! Got few guys changed their Mark X tail light with Eagle Eyes, yes they look very nice and modern but the fitment is just a tiny bit off where the side edge just poke out a little bit. Might not be too obvious but for me I can see it and when I touch it, I can feel its slightly misaligned with the body panel. You cannot notice this when compare side by side with original and you'd only notice after installed. For some people they're ok with that flaw but for me it's a no.Then for headlight is the case with my son's Swift which already replaced with some aftermarket projector style. Yes it looks good BUT the clear coat already peeling off which I had to DIY wet sand and polish again but I cannot hide the cracks, then the wiring also a bit loose on the left main lamp, the DRL rings already kaput, and brightness is bad. So yeah, even if Depo or whatever, better stick with original.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Is like the cases of original and previous Taiwan parts for signal lights, tail lamps etc., turn pale after a year or so.....

KeeSeong

Known Member
Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the advise guys..

I hv compared the fake n ori.. reli look the same outside but I agree tat the fake 1 anyhow will hv the flaws like the fitment and it depends whether one can accept or not.. i know I’m the type who can’t accept the flaws... and I know definitely can’t get excellent quality wif cheaper price.. wad u pay is wad u get LoL..

Pain now rather than regret later.. I hv bought the ori!!