second hand Golf GTI

NYTM

Apr 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi All,

shopping around for a car - three top choices are Accord Euro R, Integra R, or the GTI
Anyone can share some info on the following on the GTI:
- any major differences between 05-07 models? Are all Mk5 and about the same?
- always been wary of Euro car electronics - any issues here like ECU problems, etc?
- seen a couple of 2 door versions being advertised - is the engine etc the same as the 4 door?
- what main things to look out for when checking one out?

Got plenty of questions re the Honda's, but will probably post separately

Thanks

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
accord euro 7,rarity ftw.
plus nothing beats the feeling of driving NA car.miss my old vtec yooo.hehe

vtec_1088

Known Member
Feb 7, 2006
kl perak
Hi All,

shopping around for a car - three top choices are Accord Euro R, Integra R, or the GTI
Anyone can share some info on the following on the GTI:
- any major differences between 05-07 models? Are all Mk5 and about the same?
no different between 05-07 models
- always been wary of Euro car electronics - any issues here like ECU problems, etc?
should be no issues at all as long as well maintained by previous owner. golf gti is 1 of very reliable car produce by volkswagon
- seen a couple of 2 door versions being advertised - is the engine etc the same as the 4 door?
same engine for both 2 n 4 drs
- what main things to look out for when checking one out?

tear n wear. u should bring some1 who has knowledges along with u during inspections. quite expensive 2 maintain if compare with ITR n ATR

Got plenty of questions re the Honda's, but will probably post separately

Thanks
from above mentioned i prefer:
1. ITR dc5
2. ATR cl7
3. GTI mk5
why bcoz i'm honda hardcoreboy :burnout:

your questions have been answer above with red. all 3 cars are fun 2 drive.

Teck Weng Ong

From Facebook
Mar 15, 2011
www.facebook.com
The MK5 GTi has the same DSG g/box as MK6 GTi. To me, the MK5 is one the best n fun car to drive everyday...no issue about reliability apart from normal wear & tear. even with FF configuration, the handling is superb and the gear changing of the DSG is pure orgasm. U got to test drive it to feel what its like. I was hooked by just sitting on my friend's MK6 and since I can't afford the new GTi, got myself the MK5 and never look back since. My advice: go to VW showroom n test drive the car n also the ITR n ATR before deciding which car to go. A lot of nice n low mileage used GTi for sale in the market n almost all are well taken care of with full service record.

vtec_1088

Known Member
Feb 7, 2006
kl perak
FYI gti has both dsg n 6 sp manual. gti with dsg expensive than man. Although dsg is auto but it faster than manual n pure brilliant.

goodboy

Known Member
Jan 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
how about volkswagen golf STi.
if i buy Golf STi just around 158k new car and 5year warranty
compare tu 2nd mk5 golf gti no warranty.
i need a guide here

afariq

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
how about volkswagen golf STi.
if i buy Golf STi just around 158k new car and 5year warranty
compare tu 2nd mk5 golf gti no warranty.
i need a guide here
I think you meant TSi. The car is not bad for a 1.4l.
Power is good too, the dry dsg pops like the 2 litre when accelerated.
Very nice linear power, it even screeches a lil bit from stand still on 17's!
I drive a k series vtec daily and i wouldnt mind trading it for the TSi mon - fri :adore:

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
MK6 TSI has a sweet 7 speed DSG n torque of a 2.4litre engine! but u r paying peanuts for the roadtax. in terms of FC, u can easily get over 600km for full tank (around 50 litre pumped). so its very fuel efficient. with 5 years unlimited mileage warranty, its super duper value for money...then u can remap them for >180whp!!!!

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
i've tried the TSI...man...it was AWESOME. I own a Honda, and owned 2 others before. Non of it feels like the Golf.

I guess if for daily drive, the Golf would be good. If u wanna go for racerboy facade, INtegra. If u wanna have some performance but maintain boot space, go for the EuroR.

my 2cents

drexxza

Known Member
Dec 10, 2004
Pahang
Visit site
never drive Mk5/MK6 before...but from the review the DSG g/box sounds tooo goood...
its not a problem to try something that u never try before... if money not an issue for u.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

everyone knows dish cleaner will dry up our clear coat if we use it as car shampoo but certain people might not know. i use to do that when i was 18 on my wira. as long i find its clean, who cares? :biggrin: today, as i know what is detailing i never use dish cleaner to wash my car anymore but my mom did. she use dish cleaner to wash her car for like 4 years alredi since she got her car but sometimes i help her wash with car shampoo of course. here is the result after for so long, and also...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience