Dish Cleaner For Washing? help! (Myvi EZI) by muyo

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
everyone knows dish cleaner will dry up our clear coat if we use it as car shampoo but certain people might not know. i use to do that when i was 18 on my wira. as long i find its clean, who cares? :biggrin: today, as i know what is detailing i never use dish cleaner to wash my car anymore but my mom did. she use dish cleaner to wash her car for like 4 years alredi since she got her car but sometimes i help her wash with car shampoo of course. here is the result after for so long, and also she park her car under the hot sun when shes at work, the sun always shine at the passenger side in the morning till evening around 5pm. the paint also have bubble popped out, izit no clear coat thats why the base coat got bubble? can we call it "oxidized" or "clear coat failure"? the clear coat seems worn off i assume. need advice from sifus. much appreciated. :driver::driver::driver:

Details of the car: 2007 Myvi EZI, wash twice a month with dish cleaner (lime flavor, mostly people use to wash plates) under the hot sun everyday, never send to roadside car wash, never send to any detail shop before, original paint.

rear spoiler found hazzy & dull-ziness condition.

left fender same issue.

front left bumper found the same issue.

seems like the clear coat have been worn off. the base coat got bubble popped out.

rear left bumper, same issue.

same issue found. hope all sifus can help me, thank you so much. anyway im still gonna detail this car :burnout:

not so bad.. but...

look at the amount of dirt.

poop!

Meg's Gold Class Shampoo

mf wash mitt

rinse off with O2

after wash rinse off with O2 is required and then wipe with Meg's water magnet towel (no twisting required as the towel can absorb alot of water)

then move to the wheels

Opt Power Clean & soft bristle brush for cleaning the wheels

agitating kao kao :stupid:

:adore::adore::adore:

after the wheels then move to surface preparation, clay

at 1st i thought this is a normal stain that can be remove but it seems im wrong, i assume this is a chemical stain, looks like it glides down before.

more

and more :mad::mad::mad: tried compound it but still cant remove. need advice :hmmmm:

not corrected

50/50 hard to compare.

corrected

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

look at the amount of dirt stuck on the pad

before

after buff off with Meg's ScratchX 2.0

headlamp restoration begin..

abit hazzy

sand nicely :proud:

finishing..

before

after protected with Meg's Natural Shine

before

front bonnet gloss restored! :biggrin:

reflects!

hope she likes it!

wow!

Wash: Meg's Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner
Clay: PG Clay no.3
Paint Correction: Compound with M105 speed 2.5 heavy pressure > LC cutting pad with M105 speed 3 medium pressure > LC polishing pad with Optimum Hyper Polish speed 2 light pressure & slow passes
Protection: Megs M21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0
Headlamp: sand with 1000grit > 1500grit final 2000grit Optimum No Rinse as lube, M105 speed 4 > Optimum Hyper Polish speed 2

thanks for viewing :burnout::burnout::burnout:

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Nice work!!!
Well done on the headlamps...looks like brand new now!

:adore:

everyone knows dish cleaner will dry up our clear coat if we use it as car shampoo but certain people might not know. i use to do that when i was 18 on my wira. as long i find its clean, who cares? today, as i know what is detailing i never use dish cleaner to wash my car anymore but my mom did. she use dish cleaner to wash her car for like 4 years alredi since she got her car but sometimes i help her wash with car shampoo of course. here is the result after for so long, and also she park her car under the hot sun when shes at work, the sun always shine at the passenger side in the morning till evening around 5pm. the paint also have bubble popped out, izit no clear coat thats why the base coat got bubble? can we call it "oxidized" or "clear coat failure"? the clear coat seems worn off i assume. need advice from sifus. much appreciated.

Details of the car: 2007 Myvi EZI, wash twice a month with dish cleaner (lime flavor, mostly people use to wash plates) under the hot sun everyday, never send to roadside car wash, never send to any detail shop before, original paint.
Sifu u alredi sifu alredi......keep them coming

great stuff here- like yr post

Your loves towards your mum bring up the detail for this shine - cheerios

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nice work!!!
Well done on the headlamps...looks like brand new now!

:adore:
thanks fishbonz :proud: advice abit about the clear coat, izit worn off?

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Sifu u alredi sifu alredi......keep them coming

great stuff here- like yr post

Your loves towards your mum bring up the detail for this shine - cheerios
thanks kc :biggrin: but hor, you see the chemical stain? what do you think it is ar? air cond coil cleaner? i myself air cond technician but didnt see those coil cleaner kena the car before but i know it will also rip of your clear coat. :hmmmm:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
roar! mun so pro!

Zzeenn

Jun 5, 2009
judging from the scratches, are you sure she doesnt use scotch-brite along with the dish washer?:laugh: jk. great work man

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
roar! mun so pro!
you more pro laa :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

judging from the scratches, are you sure she doesnt use scotch-brite along with the dish washer?:laugh: jk. great work man
haha! no she didnt, she use good morning towel with dish cleaner :bawling: thanks for the compliment :biggrin:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
i where got pro =D still learning la bro

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
fabulous.

just for the record, muyo has detailed 2 of my family's car and they look better than its original form!

cheers bro.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Nice work man! Thanks for the pictures and reports!

Dishwasher? Better than my dad. He adopts the policy or total neglect! He leaves a thick layer of dust on top to protect the paint. Always looks oxidised, rough, and dull. The original colour is white bu it appears gray. And guess what I found few days ago, just below the mini spoiler at the boot, there is green moss!!!

By the way, I think the gray stuff on your pad is some of the car's paint isn't it? Not dirt.. :burnout:

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
fabulous.

just for the record, muyo has detailed 2 of my family's car and they look better than its original form!

cheers bro.
thanks for the compliment :proud: you happy i happy laa. cheers!

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

Nice work man! Thanks for the pictures and reports!

Dishwasher? Better than my dad. He adopts the policy or total neglect! He leaves a thick layer of dust on top to protect the paint. Always looks oxidised, rough, and dull. The original colour is white bu it appears gray. And guess what I found few days ago, just below the mini spoiler at the boot, there is green moss!!!

By the way, I think the gray stuff on your pad is some of the car's paint isn't it? Not dirt.. :burnout:
then you should give him a hand marh :biggrin: is not car paint bro, if it is i've have alredi burnt the clear coat. is actually dirt, easily get dirty after wash with dish cleaner. cause its dry thats why rain that time the water stick on the surface :bawling: thx for the compliment btw. hope you invest the right rotary :driver: cheers!

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
where u buy the wash n shine tu? at klang got? heheh so kilat ur car~

amirmambo

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Subang Jaya
Drools !! Bro if just sand the headlamps without using the polish is it possible ?? Need some ideas to clear my kelisa headlamps,been 5 years already :biggrin:

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
bro, where can i buy the ONR and OPC ( in small quantity first ..newbies in detailing hehehe) and from whom i can order it in Sarawak? thanks in advance....

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is done on a Persona Elegance.

Difficulty: 5/10
Time: Took me 2 hours because virgin. You will be fine with 1 hour.

Yes, another 20,000km. Time to get dirty!
Perodua Dexron III is only RM18/L. You only need 1L. Even less if you choose to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience