Vtec did not kick in

Taklukjagat

Known Member
Jun 22, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all sifu,
I'm having problem with my vtec engine whereby the vtec did not kick in even when i've rev the engine till 7000rpm. Then the check engine light were on. Any advice??

crower75

5,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
TeAM C.R.D
Visit site
If check engine light is on...1st thing to do is to determine what code izzit. Each code will tell you what basically the problem is. This can be done D.I.Y with a paper clip or a piece of short wire.

How to do it ? Search the forum, it has been explained countless of times..

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
White EK, correct? I know of one white EK in K. Krai that the VTEC kantoi-ed. :P

Is that you?

ARTA

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Check the ECU first for any error code, that's crucial to most of engine faulty. Get an ECU error code list and check the faulty part indicated by the ECU blink. Vtec solenoid is located near the distributor. Refer to the picture. In some cases if you keep revving without the VTEC engaging due to loosened connection might cause voltage fluctuation resulting more damage in parts like sensors. Just MHO.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
ARTA said:
Check the ECU first for any error code, that's crucial to most of engine faulty. Get an ECU error code list and check the faulty part indicated by the ECU blink. Vtec solenoid is located near the distributor. Refer to the picture. In some cases if you keep revving without the VTEC engaging due to loosened connection might cause voltage fluctuation resulting more damage in parts like sensors. Just MHO.

Good work posting this with pictures..Hopefully there's be more guys like you and me who are shutterbugs with car parts. hehe.. go NGK power cables.. :P

ARTA

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
helping others can reduce sin :) also good according to kharma . I've experience series of damages before, when my connector loosen. So that's the least i can do, try to help out :)

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Well.. keep it up.. there're a severe lack of photographic info in the honda forum.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Taklukjagat said:
No Shiroi. Mine in KB, in of the Pasar Khadijah.
Oops... :P.. I thought you were him.. I'm trying to meet him, but his car never around at the regular place I pass through....

Hmm.. I was going to make a joke about if vtec isn't kicking in, KICK it till it works.. :P.. just thought of it just now.. :P (remember, just joking.. don't kick it! I'm not responsible if your vtec solenoid comes off with a chunk of the block.. :P_

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I know this question ask for many times, i lazy to browse thru the thead lah...so kindly give some replylah.

Dear all sifus,

I planned to change my engine ( 4g 15 )...... to which ?? I am driving wira 1.5 manual ( FI ).

I know 4g91 is famous....any other ?? like 4g63, 4g63T

Which require hassle-free maintenence ? I mean easy to maintain like 4g15.
which Can use for long long time one ( i didn't plan to change my car for another 10 years ) ?
Reasonable fuel consumption.....like RM 50...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience