Understanding more about turbo kit

apek beca

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I'm searching for a FD2R & once I go it the 1st place that thing is going to is the garage!!!
Wanna + turbo on it. Why mod it? I'm getting married... Just gotto do this before marriage. Own a speedy turbo car. 1-2 years my ears are gonna get longer... Hari-hari kena pull:bawling: Wakakak...

What I have in mind would be a turbo kit. Not those that are for track use but those that gives performance. The word "PERFORMANCE" in my term would be something for street use & a bit more only. Hard to put it in words... I've never own a turbo car, just to get to the point. Starters level...

What would be looking at? I've doing some research at the net & those kits pricing comes in a very wide range. What's there to recommend? Mostly I'll ship the kit in & get pros installer & remaping...
Pls include a link of the kit & I'll usderstands it better

One more part that concerns me would be the braking system. Ori from FD2R would be sufficient?
Hope there are hands on experienced owner sharing this with me.

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Bro, no offense.. but, why not going straight to turbo car (i.e Evo or Impreza), instead of FD2R + BOT hassle ???

I understand that you want something different route, but, bought and straight away send it to BOT without even taste, understand and know the dynamics of the FD2R really puzzles me...

If you can afford for an used FD2R, you are definitely can afford for EVO 8MR and some equivalent model from subaru stables....

Sorry for my out-of-topic sense... hehehe I just couldn't imagine someone who willing "menodai kesucian" i-vtec K20AR...

Okay back to your questions... I personally (of course) don't have any experience done it. But my advise is, please consult with someone (I mean your tuner/engine builder) who really knows what they are doing. You need to provide them with the input of your target (how much target hp, torque level, how responsive the engine you expected, budget and so on). Then, it would be easier for him to advise you on the spec selection of BOT parts.

Since, you wanna do it before you get married and "cuci tangan" after that, then make sure you build it once and you build it right...

Gud luck bro.

Last edited:

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
bro, does not make any different, if K20AR + BOT + mistuned/mismatched parts = kaboom...
Lagi mati pucuk! :bawling:

G force climax (as for me) = standard virgin EVO 8/9 MR, then biar stock je. Just maintain normal service routine and replace wear-tear parts.

Well, I am saying this because like you said "getting married and its game-over".. means no more modifications (at least for 2 years la kot)...
So, the key point here is to find something "awesome" and enjoy it, right?

Well, I put it based on cost-effective basis perspective. The amount you need to spend for FD2R + BOT (efficiently and reliably setup) would cost more than EVO 8/9. Additionally, you got a good platform for further modifications (after tak kena tarik telinga la).

Last edited:

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
haha.. somewhat agree to BE5RSK.. on the 2 years jer x mod after marriage.. da 3 or 4 years later, tiba2 trus lepak kat woksyop jer time weekend.. hehe

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
apek beca: i wouldnt do it if i were u, nothing beats the melodious sound of an NA at high rev..lebih2 lagi Vtec..hehe

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
go get subaru legacy B5-RSK....hehe..looks like exec. car but got power of boxer turbo.... :driver: comfortable ride also...

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
since we are at it, may i know, who here has a turbocharged ride as a daily driver? what r u ur guys' setup? do u hv stock or modded internals? what boost? etc..

it it a pocket burner? in terms of gas mileage.. is it hell when its traffic jam? pls share us ur experience.. though im an NA fan.. somewhat, sometimes i wanna know what if.. what if i b*** ** a kit... hehe..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus,
Totally a noob here so kindda need your advise here.
I have seen a package on the R3 site abt a performance upgrade for the satria neo cps.
PROTON Holdings Berhad - R3 Accessories
The package includes a "Performance cam shaft" and i was wondering if the cam shaft is switchable cuz if i understand the CPS function, there will be a pin that enables the high lift cams. but if i change the cam shaft to the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience