Tyre Cant drive without them...

need 4 speed

Mar 17, 2009
Hey Guys,

I went to a look for a tyre/rim that best suit my car the other day but got a lit bit :confused:confused.. Well, it goes like this..

A) A RIM & Tyre is an important part of a car, I want to know how can it make a car Perform better or make it worse, save cost or drain it, etc.

B) How can a Rim help my car (cost/performance/safety) by;
1) Size
2) thread kind(Bunga/flower)
3) wet or dry tyre
4) Rim (japan or taiwan or others)

any idea please..before i decided to buy..:adore:

Jeff86ks

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
Weight of the rims play a major role in affecting car's performance. the bigger the heavier, so opt for lightweight rims if you're so keen on performance, but that will cost you an arm and a leg, maybe all :nurse:

tire wise, good traction means more resistances, you get more grip but may loss the acceleration. there are a lot to learn in motoring, read more and get involved in it :smokin:

azbro

Known Member
Sep 21, 2008
yup...high grip tires are made of quality stuff...so it tends to be heavier than cheapo tires..the grip will also lose you a bit of acceleration...but then..you can wack corners very much faster..

For rims doesn't mean the bigger, flashier is fastest...but getting lighter quality rims and wider does give you advantages....but remember..the wider the tires, the more grip it generate, but cons are they are expensive, cannot cut water puddles well and do you need that much grip in the first place?

Tell us whats your car and what kinda rims you wanna fit? ...dun worry, not everyone owns a Evo or Scooby.

need 4 speed

Mar 17, 2009
Weight of the rims play a major role in affecting car's performance. the bigger the heavier, so opt for lightweight rims if you're so keen on performance, but that will cost you an arm and a leg, maybe all :nurse:

tire wise, good traction means more resistances, you get more grip but may loss the acceleration. there are a lot to learn in motoring, read more and get involved in it :smokin:
Thanks bro..will try to learn more...:biggrin:

Bump:
yup...high grip tires are made of quality stuff...so it tends to be heavier than cheapo tires..the grip will also lose you a bit of acceleration...but then..you can wack corners very much faster..

For rims doesn't mean the bigger, flashier is fastest...but getting lighter quality rims and wider does give you advantages....but remember..the wider the tires, the more grip it generate, but cons are they are expensive, cannot cut water puddles well and do you need that much grip in the first place?

Tell us whats your car and what kinda rims you wanna fit? ...dun worry, not everyone owns a Evo or Scooby.
Well..I now drive a Toyota Corolla and a kancil:slug:. I used to own previously a Honda Civic, Iswara aeroback and a Toyota Supra. I know the engine of a car will determine your Car power but still tyres..they play a bigger roles...arent they?

A first impression of what you see on a car is the wheel....it can tell you so much about the car performance by just looking at the rims and tyre size, isnt it? so much also, can tell you a bit about the car owner:smokin:(got $ or not)...ho liaw !

But..most importantly, for me..when you drive a car, its the wheel that makes your driving an enjoyable:rofl: one, be it driving to work, or just a cruising or even drag racing and difting...

but after all this while its...still comes to a crossroads:hmmmm: of choices for what kind of tyres or rims best suite for each of us(cars)... one question ...why is all those big and sporty cars have bigger rims and tyres size:confused:..??? Does it help during highspeed driving or just to show off??:thefinger:

cartoon

500 RPM
Sep 7, 2005
KevinGarage.com
www.kevingarage.com
First, because it is a sport car, so the tire should be bigger to provide enough traction, to support bigger tire, bigger and lighter rim is needed.

Second, every new car model launch, car maker will try to make their product look nice and attractive, so customer will buy their car. Of course, bigger rim and tire will give customer a good impression and feel stable.

To find a good match of rim and tire, it is base on user their self.^_^

Bigger rim is look great, it can offer you some extra top speed, but your engine will need more fuel to produce power to move them.

Remain the same size, but increase the width of the tire, this will give you more traction with minimum power lost.

People always say that, bigger size of the rim can make the car more stable, actually it is not 100% correct. If bigger rim really make the car more stable, I think F1 cars may all "masuk lokang" liao...

Last edited:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
dont need to have bigger rims....just get a rim that can house a wide tire...like F1...small diameter,wide like crazy

Ray Z

Sep 29, 2009
Selangor
a quick question.
does a change of wheels from 15" to 16 gave a remarkable effects? what are the effects that i shud expect from the change?

thnx2...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How envious are you at these 4 lucky Malaysians who won an all expense paid trip by Shell Helix to Abu Dhabi for their Fastest 48 hrs of their lives?? They'd be among the 200 guests from over 20 countries who will be visiting the one and only, famous Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, an intense ride in the world's fastest roller coaster in the form of a Ferrari, dubbed the Formull...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience