about BR clutch kit for 1.3/1.5

darrengoh89

Aug 18, 2009
i heard that br clutch had designed a semi racing clutch kit including flywheels which suit for 1.3 and 1.5 engine ....would like to ask...if this thing really give a better bite for changing gears and improved in pick up...will it kill the current top speed ...(plz be note ..im not hoping for increasing the top speed ...what i mean is after i install this kit ...will it juz maintain my top speed amount which before i installing this product ) thx for the replies ~

tofu_manic

Jan 11, 2007
i heard that br clutch had designed a semi racing clutch kit including flywheels which suit for 1.3 and 1.5 engine ....would like to ask...if this thing really give a better bite for changing gears and improved in pick up...will it kill the current top speed ...(plz be note ..im not hoping for increasing the top speed ...what i mean is after i install this kit ...will it juz maintain my top speed amount which before i installing this product ) thx for the replies ~
this is just what i think la...a clutch wont add any power in any way; if ur current clutch is slipping, then u will prevent hp lost with a newer clutch

by right this kit will prolly give u better bite since surface contact area is larger

with a bigger flywheel (even though it is of the same weight as the original flywheel) u will prolly find that it is easier to move from a standstill due to the larger flywheel storing more energy than the smaller, stock one, BUT a larger flywheel will always be harder (how much harder, i donno) for an engine to spin as compared to a smaller one, even though both weighs the same, just something to bear in mind

just my 2 sen opinion

Cheers!

darrengoh89

Aug 18, 2009
thx for your opinion tofu ....any others opinion ? mind to share ? about this br clutch ...those who are using it now ...are most welcome too ;) ...

viostar

Jan 31, 2006
this is just what i think la...a clutch wont add any power in any way; if ur current clutch is slipping, then u will prevent hp lost with a newer clutch

by right this kit will prolly give u better bite since surface contact area is larger

with a bigger flywheel (even though it is of the same weight as the original flywheel) u will prolly find that it is easier to move from a standstill due to the larger flywheel storing more energy than the smaller, stock one, BUT a larger flywheel will always be harder (how much harder, i donno) for an engine to spin as compared to a smaller one, even though both weighs the same, just something to bear in mind

just my 2 sen opinion

Cheers!
tofu,
larger flywheel will always be harder...?? u mean harder to press on the clutch peddle ka????

tofu_manic

Jan 11, 2007
haha sorry about that, i can see how it can be a bit misleading, anyways, "larger flywheel will always be harder for an engine to spin"

darrengoh89

Aug 18, 2009
coz i think of changing my clutch set and flywheel....will my current engine performance will get affected after i using this clutch kit + flywheel juz for the better bite ?

darrengoh89

Aug 18, 2009
planning to use this brclutch kit + 1.6 flywheel which they claimed that already skimmed the weight to the oem 1.3 weight .....RM350 for the set ...+RM30 for bearing....good price ?

contreasjun27

Oct 21, 2004
subang
planning to use this brclutch kit + 1.6 flywheel which they claimed that already skimmed the weight to the oem 1.3 weight .....RM350 for the set ...+RM30 for bearing....good price ?
yups quite good price dude
alot of my friends using it also..
but collect it in Ipoh right?
do he do postal service to KL?

darrengoh89

Aug 18, 2009
i think he do postal in kl too ..that day i called him ...i told him im staying in pj ..he said can also ...i see ...so nothing is wrong with this clutch lor ? somemore got 1 year warranty ..hmm ..maybe i will purchase it on feb 2010 ..now still out of cash xD

viostar

Jan 31, 2006
darren, r u going to ipoh to get ur clutch set install?? or u will request BRclutch to post u d clutch set?? than u install locally.??

I was wondering, as my fuel consumption has gone up quite a bit, if my fuel rail/line is leaking, how do I tell if it is, and how can it be fixed?