about BR clutch kit for 1.3/1.5

darrengoh89

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
i heard that br clutch had designed a semi racing clutch kit including flywheels which suit for 1.3 and 1.5 engine ....would like to ask...if this thing really give a better bite for changing gears and improved in pick up...will it kill the current top speed ...(plz be note ..im not hoping for increasing the top speed ...what i mean is after i install this kit ...will it juz maintain my top speed amount which before i installing this product ) thx for the replies ~

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
i heard that br clutch had designed a semi racing clutch kit including flywheels which suit for 1.3 and 1.5 engine ....would like to ask...if this thing really give a better bite for changing gears and improved in pick up...will it kill the current top speed ...(plz be note ..im not hoping for increasing the top speed ...what i mean is after i install this kit ...will it juz maintain my top speed amount which before i installing this product ) thx for the replies ~
this is just what i think la...a clutch wont add any power in any way; if ur current clutch is slipping, then u will prevent hp lost with a newer clutch

by right this kit will prolly give u better bite since surface contact area is larger

with a bigger flywheel (even though it is of the same weight as the original flywheel) u will prolly find that it is easier to move from a standstill due to the larger flywheel storing more energy than the smaller, stock one, BUT a larger flywheel will always be harder (how much harder, i donno) for an engine to spin as compared to a smaller one, even though both weighs the same, just something to bear in mind

just my 2 sen opinion

Cheers!

darrengoh89

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thx for your opinion tofu ....any others opinion ? mind to share ? about this br clutch ...those who are using it now ...are most welcome too ;) ...

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
this is just what i think la...a clutch wont add any power in any way; if ur current clutch is slipping, then u will prevent hp lost with a newer clutch

by right this kit will prolly give u better bite since surface contact area is larger

with a bigger flywheel (even though it is of the same weight as the original flywheel) u will prolly find that it is easier to move from a standstill due to the larger flywheel storing more energy than the smaller, stock one, BUT a larger flywheel will always be harder (how much harder, i donno) for an engine to spin as compared to a smaller one, even though both weighs the same, just something to bear in mind

just my 2 sen opinion

Cheers!
tofu,
larger flywheel will always be harder...?? u mean harder to press on the clutch peddle ka????

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
haha sorry about that, i can see how it can be a bit misleading, anyways, "larger flywheel will always be harder for an engine to spin"

darrengoh89

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
coz i think of changing my clutch set and flywheel....will my current engine performance will get affected after i using this clutch kit + flywheel juz for the better bite ?

darrengoh89

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
planning to use this brclutch kit + 1.6 flywheel which they claimed that already skimmed the weight to the oem 1.3 weight .....RM350 for the set ...+RM30 for bearing....good price ?

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
planning to use this brclutch kit + 1.6 flywheel which they claimed that already skimmed the weight to the oem 1.3 weight .....RM350 for the set ...+RM30 for bearing....good price ?
yups quite good price dude
alot of my friends using it also..
but collect it in Ipoh right?
do he do postal service to KL?

darrengoh89

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
i think he do postal in kl too ..that day i called him ...i told him im staying in pj ..he said can also ...i see ...so nothing is wrong with this clutch lor ? somemore got 1 year warranty ..hmm ..maybe i will purchase it on feb 2010 ..now still out of cash xD

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
darren, r u going to ipoh to get ur clutch set install?? or u will request BRclutch to post u d clutch set?? than u install locally.??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was wondering, as my fuel consumption has gone up quite a bit, if my fuel rail/line is leaking, how do I tell if it is, and how can it be fixed?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience