Planning to look for a 4Gxx engine.. noobie here =\, please help. thankies..

Nov 13, 2006
Hi all MODmasters,

I have a Satria 1.3 and i'm a noobie in modding cars but are keen in learning and getting a new engine for a start :_:. i plan to get a 1.6 dohc engine since jpj allowed only up to 30% in upgrading engines nowadays.
I've heard from my fellow friends that 4G61 n 4G92 would be a good pick for my car. I plan to play turbo since i never had one before. so the questions goes like this:

1. What are the list of 1.6 dohc should be compliant to my car?:angel_smile:

2. What are the price for each engines, since i'm planning ahead in saving money :tongwink:?

3. What are the "proper" procedures in owning those engines legally? :regular_smile:

I welcome any suggestions and comments from you guys. It's good to have these kind of forums and people like u all to be able to help me.

Looking forward to u guys' replies. I appreciate it. thankies!:_:

Hiro Seinfeld

Known Member
Feb 14, 2007
the 4G61T is your best bet if your looking for a turbo engine.....about the price im not too sure...

Mivec would be your choice if your looking for a solid NA engine....

Go to putrajaya and fill in the forms and wait for them to reply u....usually takes a month or so.....or u could just 'do it the other way'....

then along with that letter go to Puspakom and get the engine endorsed. then pay your roadtax and update your insurance.....thats it! ure car is street legal now...

crashkewl

Nov 13, 2006
Thanks for the reply hiro. appreciate the reply. So, if that's the case, i should go for 4G61T, rite? do u think it's going to be that expensive? and what do suggest, should i take a standalone engine or half cut?

i'm a little bit concern about the price and the labour charges. if there's anybody who had ever experienced in purchasing this kind of engine (4G61T), do let me know. :_:

ooo.. forgot to inform. I'm staying in sabah. do i still need to write to putrajaya, hiro?

do give opinions.. thankies..

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Hi all MODmasters,

I have a Satria 1.3 and i'm a noobie in modding cars but are keen in learning and getting a new engine for a start :_:. i plan to get a 1.6 dohc engine since jpj allowed only up to 30% in upgrading engines nowadays.
I've heard from my fellow friends that 4G61 n 4G92 would be a good pick for my car. I plan to play turbo since i never had one before. so the questions goes like this:

1. What are the list of 1.6 dohc should be compliant to my car?:angel_smile:

2. What are the price for each engines, since i'm planning ahead in saving money :tongwink:?

3. What are the "proper" procedures in owning those engines legally? :regular_smile:

I welcome any suggestions and comments from you guys. It's good to have these kind of forums and people like u all to be able to help me.

Looking forward to u guys' replies. I appreciate it. thankies!:_:
1. 4G92 SOHC, 4G92 DOHC and 4G92 DOHC MIVEC - all plug and play to Satria :X-:

2. 4G92 DOHC MIVEC halfcut cost around Rm6K now. Rest two not sure and rare also especially 4G92 DOHC

3. Buy the engine/halfcut with legal document, transplant, get approval from JPJ

DK_son

Known Member
Jan 14, 2007
go n get 4g92 mivec...the best NA for u...got lot of s/parts-share many thing wt proton---> low maintainance...

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
you concern so much about THE PRICE... than u should forget about Turbo Charge engine...

buy n install the 4G92 Dohc/ Dohc Mivec.. just plug n play.. less hassle n not much problem

plz remember u buying a used engine, ull never know what else u need to spend later on the engine k.. n TC engine, got more parts than NA..

even users like putra,gti n wira 1.8 who convert to 4g93T spend more than 8K just to get the car running good n healthy n problem free.. though not much to be changed since the convertion is 1.8- 1.8T.. but money involve is a lot.. make sure u got extras.. for few months to come.. u may find new problems, n u r financially ready for it..

just make sure what budget u have in mind 1st.. then ull know.. what u can afford..

joe_mivec

Known Member
Jun 29, 2005
PENANG
4G61T is old engine....go for 4G92 MIVEC sure u won't regret....this is high rev engine...mine is one....

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
not agreed wit 4g61, got different mounting right?? wit ltd bdget but need somethin changing ur car a lot, best choice is 4g92 mivec.. plug n play.. also no prob for jpj approval..

btw heard dat sabah was crazy wit toyota, my fren just went workin there around 6 months, hd bought SEG + ae111 trd inside wit very nice price, he not even thinkin to buy a toyota b4, walaweh..

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
4G61T is another cousin of the vr4 series.. even VR4 oso got so many problems.. if u install.. everymonth will hv problems to rectify..

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
4G61T now market price is stand at RM5k++ ( with 2 wheel gearbox.. FD is 4.9 )
mounting is different with wira/satria , but u can change to perdana mounting to fix this problem.
However, no advice to change to 4G61T due to this engine a very old.. u need to spand a lot of money to replace old parts.

satria 770

Feb 22, 2007
yup
i agree with the other
if u want to spend for one time got get mivec
better, much better compare to 4g61t mirage
mine also change from mirage to mivec,
the power almost the same
mivec 170hp standart
mirage 165hp ( old engine )
so ur choice to choose

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
4G61T has a lot of capabilities to upgrade. All VR4 stuff can suit to this engine. But simple conversion, using back 4G61T block and put in all VR4 stuff, you can easily gain more than 200HP.
MIVEC also has potential to do upgrade. But you will spend more than what you expected. But it is okay to do so because a lot of proven-workable-upgrade has been done by many "Hi-jacker". Example, MIVEC turbo.
Stick to original, you better choose MIVEC.
Plan to NOT-ONLY-CONVERT-BUT-UPGRADE, get one turbo-base engine is the best.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Depends on u..
Turbo cars have better G-force compare to NA cars, u will feel different once u have touch a turbo cars..
Although 4g61T is old but fun to drive, even nowdayz a lot of people also finding AE86 as their fun car.
If both of these engine compare.. I prefer 4g61T as kk mention.. MIVEC Turbo... if u find a good machanic, ok.. how about cap ayam machanic?? consider as dumping money to the sea...
Think about it...
Good Luck

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can any one help me???i need Mitsubishi Lancer GT 2.0 NA Auto ecu wiring diagram...
cos i wanna install emanage blue...but the shop at kuching here didnt have wiring diagram for 4B11.can any one help me and give me the diagram???
and,where is the ecu location???they found 2 ecu,one is in engine room,one is at passanger locker,behind fuse box.but not seem like the ecu box.cos its small...
thanks bro...........:adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience