Tyre Making Noise ?

ah_man04

Jan 26, 2005
Hi all,

I drive a civic ek 3. When driving, i felt there is some noise ! I think it is the tyre noise . Could it be my tyre almost "botak" so it may generate this kind of noise. It is irritating when driving on highway also.. the sound is like "hoh hoh ..." + the wind noise... :(

Another thing is when it go over some bumpy road, i felt that the noise also loud. Just like if your tyre pressure is too high, then you will feel very hard when go over some bumpy or bad conditon road. I have checked the tyre pressure.. it seems ok for me and i also try to released some air but it still the same. How to ensure we have proper air pressure for car's tyre actually? Any advise ? thanks

Regards,
Ahman

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
try check ur bearing...
last time i'm oso suspecting the tyre sound but when riezal-r inspecting my car, found it was bearing problem...
it sound like my car wan to take off.... :lol:

Riezal-R

500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
KL
www.art-evo.com
Proper air pressure? Just get the tyre pressure gauge and check la. Best to do it in the morning before you start driving, as the pressure increases when you start driving.

As for the noise, just try and do the basics if you haven't tried it. Tyre balancing, alignment and camber checks. Make sure everything is aligned and balanced.

If that noise gets louder as you go faster, like on a highway, then you might want to check the bearings on the knuckle.

BlackHD

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
ya it could be bearing... the sound is like traditional way of doing tau fu fa

Riezal-R

500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
KL
www.art-evo.com
Yeah certain 'sticky' tyres do that. But since he didn't mention he bought new tyres, I guess we'll have to eliminate that. Unless the noise comes after a certain wear-n-tear percentage.

ah_man04

Jan 26, 2005
Hi all,

Thanks for your input. I just bring it for a mech to check,. It said most probably is due to the brand of tyre. He said "this type of Michelln tyre will give noise after use for some time". In fact, i bought this as 2nd hand car and the tyre also time to change liao. Hopefully after i upgrade it to new 16 " sport rims + new tyre will give me entire new feeling and impression :)

Thanks

Regards,
Ahman

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
even if its the old michelin tires, i doubt its that noisy coz as far as i know, michelin makes pretty quiet tires. in fact the new michelin tyres uses some silica compound thing that makes it extra quiet.

some of the tyres that u should avoid, sime tyres in particular monza hr7. shockingly noisy with absolutely no grip in wet and dry! silverstone P1800 for my sisters ex kancil. grip is ok but surprised by the noise it makes. its even as noisy as my yokohama es100, which is reputable for its grip and noise. good year(eagle and ducaro) makes pretty ok tyres, nice grip and isn't too noisy.

ah_man04

Jan 26, 2005
Originally posted by prodigy@Apr 11 2005, 17:23
even if its the old michelin tires, i doubt its that noisy coz as far as i know, michelin makes pretty quiet tires. in fact the new michelin tyres uses some silica compound thing that makes it extra quiet.

some of the tyres that u should avoid, sime tyres in particular monza hr7. shockingly noisy with absolutely no grip in wet and dry! silverstone P1800 for my sisters ex kancil. grip is ok but surprised by the noise it makes. its even as noisy as my yokohama es100, which is reputable for its grip and noise. good year(eagle and ducaro) makes pretty ok tyres, nice grip and isn't too noisy.
[snapback]887331[/snapback]​
Thanks for the advise. Do you have any recommendation for brand of Sport Rim. What is the price range ? what to look for when we want to buy sport rim ? Thing to consider ?

Riezal-R

500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
KL
www.art-evo.com
Check what's the suitable offset for your car setup. If not you will have the problem of the tyre scraping your wheel arch when taking corners and on bumpy roads. This happens to many when using 16" on Honda.

ah_man04

Jan 26, 2005
Originally posted by mynnDAWG@Apr 12 2005, 12:00
rims that best suit civics is from 40-42...other than that chances that u'll be facing tyres scraping your wheel arch...

get original rims...thats the best choice!
[snapback]889719[/snapback]​
Hi,

Original Rim means original honda sport rims? nice meh? else i will look for 15 inch. Normally, what is the weight of a sport rim , eg. 15 " , 16" . What weight is not recommended ?

ah_man04

Jan 26, 2005
Originally posted by Riezal-R@Apr 14 2005, 11:01
You want speed, go for 15's. You want styling go for 16/17's. Btw that's the size, not weight.
[snapback]896275[/snapback]​

Thanks. I heard that some RIm which made of alloy is ligther . e.g 17 " is lighter than 15 " if the 17 " is made of alloy . THat's why i concern about weight. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

thnk most of d iswara/saga owner encounter this prob <_< , when a lousy bus stop in front of d car, d sh*t :angry: smoke smell keep coming in2 d car make ppl cannot tahan :blink: !!

any1 know abt this n how 2 fix it? benefit 4 all iswara/saga owner!! :lol:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience