turbo kit for 4g92 non mivec

zzainudin

500 RPM
Aug 16, 2006
Subang selangor
hi all sifu here...

need some helping from u all...

i want to used r turbo kit to my current engine (convert N/A to turbo)..anybody know or have dont before..

1. what kind of stuff must be replace or adding..
2. and the most important how about the cost....

keong_GSR

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
around 5k...

if u want to make life a little easy,go for gsr la bai...:X-:

zzainudin

500 RPM
Aug 16, 2006
Subang selangor
hmm GSR...i had make new transplant laa bro...very2 new..
my previous engine only 1.3 maa that y i'm used 1.6 engine..

that day if i want to go for gsr can but i'm scared for the inspection...jpj not allow maa ( must pay some $$$$ ) isn't it...

keong_GSR

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
bro,

u want to play low or high boost? like tis lar... step by step,1st u simpan duit n go for evo 1,2 or 3 full set wiring n ECU.after that,gsr engine kosong then transfer to ur 1.6cc dohc block,that's all...it sound easy but it's not easy said then done though...:_:

low_boost

Jan 14, 2006
hai there,

if u want to go for high boost more than 0.5 bar, u need to change the piston. but if playing around 0.5 bar, u feel nothing, better go for high cam only.

to upgrade from n/a to turbo, there a lot of money need to spend to get the engine out of trouble. for the makenikal, u need change piston to high compression. then to buy turbo, turbo manifold, intercooler,..... to many to list. nanti u sakit kepala la bro...

my suggestion, get dohc head from 4g93 n/a or 4g91. change ur piston to 82mm (yours currently 81mm), 4g93 trottle body, highcam ( not to high degree). then go for microtech. u even can play with gsr what!

zzainudin

500 RPM
Aug 16, 2006
Subang selangor
bro..y must change to 93/91 dohc head..already 92dohc head maaa...
isn't 92dohc head not power arrr??

93 throttle body what the size..n highcam what brand n can suggest where to get this..

cooljas

500 RPM
Jan 24, 2005
low_boost said:
hai there,

if u want to go for high boost more than 0.5 bar, u need to change the piston. but if playing around 0.5 bar, u feel nothing, better go for high cam only.

to upgrade from n/a to turbo, there a lot of money need to spend to get the engine out of trouble. for the makenikal, u need change piston to high compression. then to buy turbo, turbo manifold, intercooler,..... to many to list. nanti u sakit kepala la bro...

my suggestion, get dohc head from 4g93 n/a or 4g91. change ur piston to 82mm (yours currently 81mm), 4g93 trottle body, highcam ( not to high degree). then go for microtech. u even can play with gsr what!
From NA to Turbo, u need to change from high compression to low compression, Turbo run on low compression not high compression piston.

4G93 Throttle body is not big enough....4G92mivec throttle body has the biggest throttle body size amonhg the 4G9X engines which is 60mm.

Y get a 4G93/91 NA head?We all know that it is proven 4G93T Head has got bigger size in inlet n outlet!

Yes microtech is a very good engine management to go for but juz wanna know who can tune?every tuner claims tat they can tune microtech but so far i've not met any great tuners tat can tune microtech for mitsu NA with high horsepower n reliable....So may i know who can tune microtech?maybe u can tell us where to find microtech tuner?Thanks

Cheers

Last edited:

justlikeu

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2005
Subang Jaya
cooljas said:
From NA to Turbo, u need to change from high compression to low compression, Turbo run on low compression not high compression piston.

4G93 Throttle body is not big enough....4G92mivec throttle body has the biggest throttle body size amonhg the 4G9X engines which is 60mm.

Y get a 4G93/91 NA head?We all know that it is proven 4G93T Head has got bigger size in inlet n outlet!

Yes microtech is a very good engine management to go for but juz wanna know who can tune?every tuner claims tat they can tune microtech but so far i've not met any great tuners tat can tune microtech for mitsu NA with high horsepower n reliable....So may i know who can tune microtech?maybe u can tell us where to find microtech tuner?Thanks

Cheers
totally agree with cooljas... :shades_smile: convert to turbo is kinda mafan wan le... u hav to skin head,change con rod,piston(if the piston cannot tahan),maybe the block also need to change(scared crack)...

if like this better straight get GSR... rite?

zzainudin said:
hmm GSR...i had make new transplant laa bro...very2 new..
my previous engine only 1.3 maa that y i'm used 1.6 engine..

that day if i want to go for gsr can but i'm scared for the inspection...jpj not allow maa ( must pay some $$$$ ) isn't it...
jpj only don approve is evo1,2,3... gsr the approve wan... :shades_smile:

zzainudin

500 RPM
Aug 16, 2006
Subang selangor
GSR..How about my Current Engine..U mean totally change to GSR...
that way i think waste time laa broo...also waste money hehehe

what i wan now how to improve it...yesterday i test @ highway ok can reach 18X kmh with standard engine (No Mod, Engine Everything Standard) n throttle still have scared to push more oso my wife pot pet pot pet...

pick-up still not enough laa.. n for long distance i think ok..

Last edited:

justlikeu

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2005
Subang Jaya
haha... ok ok... i understand bro...

for me, i wont convert to turbo... i will mod to more pick up less top speed... wat i will do is, get mivec gearbox or LSD gearbox, get bigger throttle body, polish intake manifold and exhaust manifold, change better tyre, lighten flywheel, skin head, change racing cam, change injection and pump V-power...

other sifu correct me if im wrong lo... :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifus out there!!

i need to know what are the downside to knife edge crankshaft lightening?? better to know the downside first i reckon.and what are the goodsides?? i'm re building my engine,so kinda have this in my list.thanks!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience