The issue on HICAS

cynicks

Known Member
Feb 29, 2004
PJ
I've heard alot of issues on the GTT R34 HICAS. I've experience it once of the 5 months ownership of the car. How can we make sure that the light doesn't pop up again ?

My experience was a leisure drive from Dsara to Puchong, and then back to Dsara. On the way back, it pops up, but nothing 'physical' happen to the car, it still drives, turns ok. Straights ok. I reached home, died down the car, restart, It WAS GONE. :hmmmm:

Any advise are appreciated.

Also, recently my Turbo timer will count down on the 1st start in the morning, eventhough my keys are still at the ignition and turned on. Only the 2nd time, the timer would not cut off the car, but still count down. Its a black Apexi timer. :hmmmm:

Any advise also appreciated :proud:

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
That's not the worst issue with HICAS. A few people in the UK has discovered that HICAS can suddenly activate even during driving straight. This is very dangerous especially at speed, and some people have attributed their accidents to this malfunction.

Apparently this occurs when the car has a loud subwoofer and the vibration interferes with the g-sensor or something.

I've seen some people remove the whole thing and driftworks in UK sells a complete replacement kit.

However defenders of the system say as long as it well maintained and serviced (and there's no big subwoofer pounding in the boot) it should be fine.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
I'm still using HICAS! :rofl:

The HICAS light went on even before I bought the car, luckily it was due to low fluid. No prob so far. Try checking the HICAS fluid level..

I contemplated removing it, but since I'm not drifting or doing any motorsport professionally, I decided to leave it. Love the cornering ease with it.

Option to remove costs as cheap as RM350 for new HICAS cancel bar (US made) as well as yanking out the system. Should save u around 20-30kgs.

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Err GTT HICAS is electrical motor type, hee.

cynicks:
HICAS faulty on GTT mostly from faulty ABS/Speed sensor. You may check it with CONSULT
1st to make sure which sensor is not working.

But getting a new sensor might expensive compare to HICAS cancel rod~

Apexi timer? Should be the wireman tapping a wrong wire?Hopefully is not a imitation ones~hee

cynicks

Known Member
Feb 29, 2004
PJ
So I guess, some hardcore guys here have it surgically removed huh... Where's the best 'hospital' to do this kinda operation? I'll check the fluids and top up and see if it happens again. Is this the power steering fluid reservoir?

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
So I guess, some hardcore guys here have it surgically removed huh... Where's the best 'hospital' to do this kinda operation? I'll check the fluids and top up and see if it happens again. Is this the power steering fluid reservoir?
Any good mechanic can do it bro, taking off stuff is easy. You can also just use a lockout bar but the light will be permanently on.

The fluid reservoir is in the boot on the side.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
That's not the worst issue with HICAS. A few people in the UK has discovered that HICAS can suddenly activate even during driving straight. This is very dangerous especially at speed, and some people have attributed their accidents to this malfunction.

Apparently this occurs when the car has a loud subwoofer and the vibration interferes with the g-sensor or something.

I've seen some people remove the whole thing and driftworks in UK sells a complete replacement kit.

However defenders of the system say as long as it well maintained and serviced (and there's no big subwoofer pounding in the boot) it should be fine.
That's not true.

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
HICAS good, makes cornering easier,
remove hicas, makes car more predictable, can throw backside easier,
depends on what u want..

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Yea. I've read of how ppl complaining it's unpredictable, etc....

Never had issues or any drama with mine. So why throw away a tool to assist in cornering?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

UltimateShine

Greetings from www.ultimateshine.com.my

Merry Christmas and Happy new year ! :biggrin:

We are an online store selling Eco safe professional grade car care products in Kuala Lumpur.

Now you can purchase SMARTWAX AND Optimum Polymer Technologies (optimum)products peace of mind with Money Back Guarantee!
(except items categorized under Bundle Kit and Special Bargain)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience