The best suspension setting for sv4

joe_pesot

Sep 29, 2010
penang
hi guys.. wats da best setting for sv4 suspension? adjustable absorber are too expensive :biggrin: u guys got any other alternative?
i heard using gas absorber (Tokico etc...) with prelude sport spring (RSR i think , not sure da spelling hehehe) is good..

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
hi guys.. wats da best setting for sv4 suspension? adjustable absorber are too expensive :biggrin: u guys got any other alternative?
i heard using gas absorber (Tokico etc...) with prelude sport spring (RSR i think , not sure da spelling hehehe) is good..
Where got best setting-1, depend on personal preference and driving style. You wanna OEM comfort or u r boy ricer. Tokico is the OEM absorber for prelude. U might wanna go for something abit firmer if you want a spirited drive.

Koni + eibac = abit firmer then OEM but comfortable while Tein = very firm but not very comfortable.

U must decide if you want comfort or stable cornering 1st

joe_pesot

Sep 29, 2010
penang
wah thanx a lot..ur really a sifu about sv4 eh :adore:
im thinking i wanna go for comfort but if can maybe a bit of stable cornering la..

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
wah thanx a lot..ur really a sifu about sv4 eh :adore:
im thinking i wanna go for comfort but if can maybe a bit of stable cornering la..
No-la not sifu... I just drove a SV4 for a 3 yrs then change to prelude BB1. In the process spend alot of money on mods and repairs + kena conned.

For ur requirement u can try using koni (appox RM1.8k w/o springs) but mind u it is not servicable so if rosak then must buang.

Been there done that, end of the day if you want to keep the car, u are better off spending more on a servicable. If your 'ayat power' or you have a friendly foreman u might get some halfcut servicable absorbers at reasonable price but do check the condition 1st. SV4 Tein or Tanabe absorbers are common.

joe_pesot

Sep 29, 2010
penang
ooo..sori to hear dat but from ur experience we newbies can learn a lot from u..
wow prelude is a great choice..

emm servicable absorber like wat brand?

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
ooo..sori to hear dat but from ur experience we newbies can learn a lot from u..
wow prelude is a great choice..

emm servicable absorber like wat brand?
There r several brands of absorbers that r servicable e.g. like Tein, GAB, D1 & Tanabe
The reason I recommend servicable as I used koni b/4 and had to change once it leak. The cost of replacement > service & difficult + expensive to replace only 1 absorber so most likely end up change all 4.

Since I intend to drive d prelude for long time (orang miskin mah) I changed to a servicable although koni was much cheaper (RM1.8k vs. RM2.5k) but should it start leaking, it will cost me probably RM200 to repair rather then change 1 whole absorber.

BTW how much is the Tokico? I remember changing the SV4 absorber and OEM cost me RM3++, if 4 batang then RM1.3k? Tambah abit can get koni - branded lagi can adjust :proud:

fairy

500 RPM
Aug 24, 2007
hello bro.. bilstein with rsr springs is comfortable yet can take corners reasonably.. just my 2 sen cos i had it on my ex sv4 h22a manual :) cheers

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
tein very firm ~~

don dare to fetch girl :bawling:
Sumore service cost RM3++ 1 batang, service 4 batang = 1 new set of absorber.

But as at today, Tein is the 'Most Branded' and glamourous. Every other boy ricer wans tein... but mostly bought 1/2 cut-1 :stupid:

fairy

500 RPM
Aug 24, 2007
i'm using a set of tein flex now on my euro-r... its stiff if i set it to be.. otherwise its really comfy and firm :) have you got your absorbers yet??

joe_pesot

Sep 29, 2010
penang
There r several brands of absorbers that r servicable e.g. like Tein, GAB, D1 & Tanabe
The reason I recommend servicable as I used koni b/4 and had to change once it leak. The cost of replacement > service & difficult + expensive to replace only 1 absorber so most likely end up change all 4.

Since I intend to drive d prelude for long time (orang miskin mah) I changed to a servicable although koni was much cheaper (RM1.8k vs. RM2.5k) but should it start leaking, it will cost me probably RM200 to repair rather then change 1 whole absorber.

BTW how much is the Tokico? I remember changing the SV4 absorber and OEM cost me RM3++, if 4 batang then RM1.3k? Tambah abit can get koni - branded lagi can adjust :proud:
i can get da tokico for RM600 4 batang..hehe..anyway i'll survey & see da absorber brands u told me earlier..

Sep 3, 2010
Subang Jaya/Sel
I've used 3 sv4's,presently using cd6 sir manual and a Torneo euro r.And my favorite for the sv4 has to be the Showa Mugen spring/abs combination.Doesn't lower the car much,so no speed bumps problems,and takes corners flat(I don't mean flat out),very little body roll.Much like the Torneo.But very hard to find.I have a set for the euro r,but I think the original that comes with the car is almost perfect(for my kind of driving)so better not mess with that.

fairy

500 RPM
Aug 24, 2007
bro ek3vti, torneo euro r... like mine.. nice nice :itsme:

Sep 3, 2010
Subang Jaya/Sel
Yes bro fairy,been reading your posts and of course other sifus like bien335,aja,amdfaizal,pyang to name a few.Mine is stock standard except for a full Mugen extract/exhaust system.Love the car to bits.I'm sure you do yours.So far the car has been trouble free,maybe I can trouble you if I have any problems with this car.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any sifu-sifu there can help me to solve my brake issue? I'm on evo 3 brake booster and master pump but after I installed the frt 4 pot caliper the pedal become lower position than before when you step it.

Any idea????:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience