How to get the best of the K20Z??

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
Hiya all!

Who's done some mods on their 2.0 8th Gen Civic?
I don't want to do anything heavy, but was thinking of installing a replacement K&N filter and suitable plugs.
Would this help in lending extra GO to the car? It's ok right now, but being a 'tangan gatal' feller, I look to improve the car in any way lah.

Also, I think a set of Brembos from the DC5 will look sweet behind my WORK cap-ayam rims. Any1 done these kind of things b4? Will it affect my car's ABS system? No doubt warranty will kena la, but if any1 has had some experience, pls share with me.

Next step: MUGEN bodykit. hehehe! must save money 1st.

-civic new.B.

2nd2none

Known Member
Sep 13, 2006
Check out this month issue of Hypertune. There's an article about modding K20Z2 wif a unchip piggyback. Well, those filter n plugs wont really giv u da exxtra GO n da effect is very minimal coz ur car is wif da auto tranny. Just replace the stock air filter wif the K&N replacement air filter. That should hav better airflow compare 2 those stock 1s.

The DC5 brembo mods will cost a quite alot. U will hav change da disc rotor in or der 2 fit da Brembo CAliper. Hmmm, quite abit of work 2 do also. Anway, u canTry search around those Halfcut shop 2 enquire about da pricing 4 a set of DC5 brembo caliper n rotors. Happy modding.

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
I saw last time in motor trader there's a complete set of DC5 Brembos, front and rear. Din say the price though! hhehehe. Just thinking that'd it'll look great + stop nicely lah. Actually the standard set also works well enuff.
A cheaper alternative is the RM20 Brembo brake cover. HAHAHAHAH! No way lah!

lawnmower

Known Member
Jan 23, 2007
maybe a carbon fibre hood to make your car more lightweight? i saw the new Mugen Concept Civic with CF hood from Racecraft coming out from sunway the other day.

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
Guys, speaking of carbon usage, does the Mugen Carbon Fiber air-box for the DC5 / EP3 fit for our civic?
In fact, I wonder if the Type-R cams would be compatible with the K20Z. But no doubt the ECU will need to be re-mapped... would help if a tuneable piggyback is on hand right?