the best adjustable absorber for civic 1992-1995

jazmie

Oct 14, 2004
jb
used for track n street
i already change new all the bush and wit adjustable koni absorber.

but when hit even a small hole n bumper...my heart like wanna break when listen from inside when hit them sound very hard.even i set it to soft also even i used stock absorber.
i ask my fren using same model also facing the same problem...even using tein adj also same.

what the best absorber that feel nice when track n corner n when hit hole n bumper feel like driving new proton car..so smooth sound.

feel better buy proton car...ha3

plz advise

Last edited by a moderator:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i dont understand what u are trying to say? the koni adjustable is too hard is it?

if so, most adjustables are hard. if u want soft, use back stock. however, what u want, "soft" and comfort but also can be used for track? erm, i think quite difficult. maybe u can use ek9 absorbers, but u will have to change your rear arm in order to direct fit the ek9 abs...

jazmie

Oct 14, 2004
jb
stock absorber also cant get soft n comfort like proton car...
ist ek absorber front just plug n play to eg?
just the rear is the different?

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
stock absorber not as comfort as proton? stock absorber is comfortable enough, and i dont understand why are u comparing with proton? proton so comfotable meh?

EK and EG front is the same but rear diff cuz of the absorber's "kaki" that locks up with the lower arm, the design is diff.. EK's is like a fork, EG is like a round things with bushing in the middle. unless u change the lower arm to EK's, only then u can use full set EK9 abs.

jazmie

Oct 14, 2004
jb
yap...mostly i ask my fren using civic eg all got the same prob...even change to stock setup...bush all change new still feel a bit hard....their gf also claim y they using proton car if hit even small hole sound inside car so smooth...like absorb it very well....but if wit my fren car can listen some hard sound

beatnik

your solution is..

don't use adjustables.. coz no adjustable is meant for comfort use..

instead look for sports shocks with lowered springs.. like skunk2 street.. more firm than stock but still drivable for everyday use..

jazmie

Oct 14, 2004
jb
mean skunk2 street the best for eg ya?...ok2...i look this absorber

mADmAN

u looking for absorbers that has the best of both worlds?? no such thing la bro... doesnt exist...

u either take stiff/handling OR comfort... choose one.. cannot take both.

jazmie

Oct 14, 2004
jb
i mean comfort n corner only...for drack n track dont mind cos very2 less :)
somemore wonder even used stock absorber n change new related thing also the same

aalto

Dec 31, 2004
Just get dc2r abs, and change to sport springs if u want it to be a bit lowered and stiffer..
Or try Eibach comfort sports set, but I dunno if they have for EG..

jazmie

Oct 14, 2004
jb
eibach comfort sport...that i wan...tq bro for the info

eg9_05

Jun 7, 2007
very simple step.............go ahead just buy the proton la.
problem settle liao..

keevan

Mar 6, 2006
SumWhereInEarth
proton has good absorber meh..lol..bro try tanabe...use medium hardness, i used that before bought at chop shop, quite good...or use monroe sensatrack...quite good also...

Guys,

I am trying to add a new ECU and it ask for Teeth Per Turn and Edge. Any guys know where I can find this figure?

Any know know where I can loan an oscilliscope????