DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
might be a 2 part posting.. as the steps are looooooonnnnggg.... hmmm

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
can u diy to beam the signal from further away ar?
:biggrin:
Can't...

It has dual sensors.. 1 at the gate, it has a pressure sensor to sense your car coming near.
Then, it will beam an IR signal to your Smart Tag
Then your Smart Tag will response back the signal
The Booth will check if you are clocking in or out and your balance. Process it and beam back to your smart tag..

So.. Even if it can beam further... if you are not physically near the sensors... nothing will happen.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Can't...

It has dual sensors.. 1 at the gate, it has a pressure sensor to sense your car coming near.
Then, it will beam an IR signal to your Smart Tag
Then your Smart Tag will response back the signal
The Booth will check if you are clocking in or out and your balance. Process it and beam back to your smart tag..

So.. Even if it can beam further... if you are not physically near the sensors... nothing will happen.
Can u check how strong is the infrared too?
Can it go through non-transparent objects?
If can, how thick?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I see a potential problem with this.

Say you come across a toll booth that's temperamental. You've seen people reverse, hold up their tags outside the window and then beepbeep the toll gate opens for them. How are you going to do the same?

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL

Say you come across a toll booth that's temperamental. You've seen people reverse, hold up their tags outside the window and then beepbeep the toll gate opens for them. How are you going to do the same?
In this case..
Just remove the Card and beep it on the Touch and Go panel..

Anyway, usually that happens when people accidentally covered the IR.

Note : The IR is not at the small round "window" near the Smart Tag logo.
It is actually the whole middle of the BLACK Panel... around 1inch x inch wide.

So many people accidentally covered it actually..
Will post picture of the IR under the cover...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
can u diy to beam the signal from further away ar?
:biggrin:
Well, you can install the tag at your car front bumper so it reaches the sensor first....hahahaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

That is why bro. johnson got two tags. One install on board and new one as it.....hahahahaha:biggrin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
For IR to work nicely, it needs to be in direct sight of the receiver. That's what mostly your TV controller, AC controller is using. What I think can be done to make it stealthy is you move the IR sensor away from the unit and extend it to on top of the dash or some place that it can be detected. By doing this, your actual unit is hidden from sight and the only thing showing is the IR sensor.
This is what I saw some of the Japanese ETC unit doing.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Made the following mods on my ATR....

- Apexi N1 Evolution exhaust (gives a nice rumble).
- Defi boost gauge
- SARD fuel regulator

This coming Saturday, I will be installing the Blitz i-color boost controller.

Ok, having installed the N1 I believe I have lost a bit of low end making city driving a bit more difficult as I have lost some back pressure which the auto does not seem to like....I'm hoping the boost controller will help with this as it will allow me to set boost...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience