Car steering automatically swerves to the left

anonymouse

Mar 21, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, I just noticed that my car's steering wheel automatically swerves to the left whenever I ease my hands off it. My car, of course automatically turns to the left as well. The steering doesn't swerves much, just a slight tilt to the left.

I just had a 4 piece of tyre changed last week. What could be wrong?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, I just noticed that my car's steering wheel automatically swerves to the left whenever I ease my hands off it. My car, of course automatically turns to the left as well. The steering doesn't swerves much, just a slight tilt to the left.

A thread covered this before. Browse the car problems section.

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
OMG.my car do this all the time.sometimes to the left,sometimes to the right. i think it has its own brain!!
is it my fault because ive change to a wider tires, and it tends to follow the road surface.

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
OMG.my car do this all the time.sometimes to the left,sometimes to the right. i think it has its own brain!!
is it my fault because ive change to a wider tires, and it tends to follow the road surface.
have you check your tie roe end and rack end?

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
have you check your tie roe end and rack end?
yupe.changed to new tie rod and also steering rack.muehehehe.
even the chamber is set to 0.2 negative.
and rear is 2 since i dont have any rear adjustable arm.
Is it normal?

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
yupe.changed to new tie rod and also steering rack.muehehehe.
even the chamber is set to 0.2 negative.
and rear is 2 since i dont have any rear adjustable arm.
Is it normal?
Camber*. Why do you guys call it chamber when the machine clearly says camber? :stupid:

How wide of a difference did you change? Wider tires + thinner sidewalls can cause the car to tramline... you can google up tramlining tires and read more about it, I have that problem from time to time haha.

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
Camber*. Why do you guys call it chamber when the machine clearly says camber? :stupid:

How wide of a difference did you change? Wider tires + thinner sidewalls can cause the car to tramline... you can google up tramlining tires and read more about it, I have that problem from time to time haha.
alaaaa.my enrish no vely gewd laik urs,i kampung boy oni one. not laik ur powderful queen's enrish

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Try checking your alignment. If still persist, ask tyre shop to switch the tyres left to right and try again...

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

Agreed. Sounds like tramlining to me as well.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
alaaaa.my enrish no vely gewd laik urs,i kampung boy oni one. not laik ur powderful queen's enrish
:congrats: Well it's gewd u frm kampurng, I never asked that. I asked why do people call it chamber when it clearly says camber?

Last edited:

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
Cmon man,dont make a silly mistake a big deal.
its absurd, FYI not all well knowledge guy in the motorsport scene have degree or master in english.:stupid:

Last edited:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Cmon man,dont make a silly mistake a big deal.
its absurd, FYI not all well knowledge guy in the motorsport scene have degree or master in english.:stupid:
Cool it bro..You mocked him first with your 'come from kampung' speech.

Just acknowledge the mistake and move one.

Sheesh...:sleep:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Celebrating 125 years of the brand, these guys in Germany had a Motorcade of cars, including the earliest Mercedes ever, the Mercedes Simplex. Featuring other cars such as the Mercedes 300SL, SSK, the SLS AMG E-cell and so on. One of the best lineage of cars ever produced are featured in the streets in Europe, check out the video.

YouTube -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience