Test drag

L9Turbo

Known Member
Aug 18, 2004
Visit site
I went to test with my friend's GSR satria. I am driving a kelisa with L7 inside. Stock turine.. SAFC-II and open pod filter. at 1st gear.. i can beat my friend's GSR.. but on 2nd and 3rd.. i feel my car no power on higher RPM... could it be cos i dunt have a heat shield? does it make a world of difference? and my intercooler is top mount.. i have not shifted it down yet.. so bonet has no air scope... Is these 2 factors casing me to lose power at higher RPM? at low RPM no problems.

L9Turbo

Known Member
Aug 18, 2004
Visit site
By the way.. we tested at Pasir Gudang track.

equin0x

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
KL
www.keiconcept.net
it's the mentality la dey... c'mon la.. be it the turbo and displacement, GSR is still ahead... they'll take u down slowly and slowly and even slowly whipping u off their tail.. a stock form 660T doesnt do much good.. u'll probably jump ahead for the first gear and then while the GSR is coming from behind, u brain tells u that the car is losing power.. <_<

L9Turbo

Known Member
Aug 18, 2004
Visit site
Not that.. i must agree that GSR will eventually cut me back.. but i realise after i changed to open pod filter.. without heat shield and the stock airbox.. there's better pickup.. but power goes off at higher RPM. so can i conclude that it needs a heatshield? or is the stock airbox setup better for me?

K-Kid

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Earth
Stock airbox have it's advantage, open pod too. Stock air box does help keeps the hot air away but restricted air flow while open pod suck air freely. Rally car use box too but custom made of course, with redesigned box and air vent. You must remember, the weather here is hot so we should have different setup compare to other country. In order to have a good CAI you will need heat shield, air vent for cold air from outside and high flow filter. When you design your airbox, do remember to leave a hole to drip out the rain water. Happy sucking :D

apart from intake, your part setup and tuning also effect your power.

L9Turbo

Known Member
Aug 18, 2004
Visit site
Alrite.. thanks for the feedback. Will do my heatshield asap. :)

equin0x

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
KL
www.keiconcept.net
i'll say it's useles..

the theory u're saying now is very similar to comparing a stock turbo and a TD04 fitted in a L2.. how can u have the advantage of both world? u see, a stock turbo will give u minimal lag but a upgraded turbo will definitely give u LAG.. same case with ur setting now.. u'll either increase the top end better or low end better... now choose.. if u want both world to work perfectly, install a TD05 and run it with nitrous ;)

u cant blame it for without havign a heatshield la.. c'mon how much +hp does a heat shield give u?

just my NT$2.00..

L9Turbo

Known Member
Aug 18, 2004
Visit site
The heatshield will give a better response? cos cooler air is going in? If i choose.. i'll rather have low end torque. :) So i'll just stick to my current setup then?

malice

Known Member
Dec 6, 2003
www.keiconcept.net
then imposible u can play with gsr with this setting.

by just upgrading to air intake isnt sufficient, it just part of da mod, other factors might be consider as well should be:
internal moddings: pnp, bore throttle, clutch, FR, etc etc

L9Turbo

Known Member
Aug 18, 2004
Visit site
My aim is not to play with GSR.. :) i wan my own satisfications only. :)

malice

Known Member
Dec 6, 2003
www.keiconcept.net
but i guess that ur car is losing power, as wut u said early ur bonet don;t have scoop means no air intake to cool down da i/c.

L9Turbo

Known Member
Aug 18, 2004
Visit site
Yeah... cos i plan to do front mount.. but after my JPJ inspection. But i am still considering.. top or front mount is better? of cos.. top is less hassell lo.

antaras

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
KL
Visit site
top mount looks better, with that air scoop thingy, i think. for daihatsu models i think front mount not that nice. anyway, it's just pure looks only... me dunno jack bout performance... hehehe... :lol:

keong_MIRAGE

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
bro,

put front mount intercooler,choose small then VR4 size a bit then bolt on RHF4 bearing turbine... got chance in 1st and 2nd gear lar... :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Auto journalists get to grab some of the most desirable cars by the horns and wring them around to within an inch of their physical adhesion, reducing tyres to plumes of smoke and flogging engines to the limit in the process.

So saying that it would take something of spectacular proportions to get a high end auto scribe giggling like a school girl would be an understatement. Yet that is precisely what you...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience