Suspension or brakes

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
U want to use McPhason or SS? If McPhason, why need to change to AE101/111 assembly? Because AE92,101,and 111 are using the same suspension (McPhason) component, and all are able to interchange. So why want to headache this and that? If want to change SS, it was different story but advise please think twice and understand the common problem first ya!
I want to maintain my mcpherson setup, thats why I'm asking about the twin pot (which is from SS right?). I was confused that if we maintain our original AE92 suspension assembly we wont have as much choice for adjustables than if we swapped in the AE101/111's assembly. So I guess no truth to this then. Thanks for clearing it up! :shakehands:

I mention the swapping because of spring & absorber availablitity.

By using twin pot front brakes, usually what will I have to mod to fit?, I read from revious threads have to skim the disc & caliper bracket, anything else? Any sifu workshop recommended to do this?:biggrin:

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
not many workshop can do this unless they have tried before, coz the dimension and the clearance might be a problem.. if u can find workshop that got experience then it should be ok, but if not then better to get one that is already siap modified.. juz plug n play mar..

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
I want to maintain my mcpherson setup, thats why I'm asking about the twin pot (which is from SS right?). I was confused that if we maintain our original AE92 suspension assembly we wont have as much choice for adjustables than if we swapped in the AE101/111's assembly. So I guess no truth to this then. Thanks for clearing it up! :shakehands:

I mention the swapping because of spring & absorber availablitity.

By using twin pot front brakes, usually what will I have to mod to fit?, I read from revious threads have to skim the disc & caliper bracket, anything else? Any sifu workshop recommended to do this?:biggrin:
In KL I may suggest you to find our Master Keegani, noth1n, Banzai, sincere, chin or even EG9, but i suggest find Master noth1n or Banzai :listen:. They are very experience in motorsport, so they won't guide you in hill already.
If i back from Australia I may take you to my formen shop, but bad luck I still no back from there.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A report out of Germany today from the country’s top automotive support service, ADAC (the German equivalent of the AAA of US), claims that the most reliable cars - based on analysis of their receipt of 2 million calls for help - in Germany are of German make. BMW’s X3 tops the list, and is followed by Audi’s A2 and BMW’s 1-series. But there’s a small problem in the analysis: the X3 isn’t made by BMW.

For those familiar...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience