AE111 suspension mounting

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Dear forumers,

I have a situation here. I recently changed all 4 struts and now when I'm going over bumps or turning, the front suspension got a noise. I don't know how to describe it. It is irritating. The mech said it's mounting.

i wanted to get new mountings but the price from UMW is RM 292 per piece for front and RM 270 per piece for the back. I can't get these and it doesn't make sense because the total price would be more than all my struts. I got a price, RM 65 for a generic local brand.

I want to ask are those local brand reliable? Will they have sound after being used for a while, say like 5 years? I don't want to save now and spend more time and money in the future.

Please help me...........

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
struts? u mean absorber?

adjustable? new or used?

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
should be no problem...

i replace mine once with local one instead of ori toyota...use it for 3 years plus with any problem until i sold of the set...price wise worth the money...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Ya. Absorber with springs. I got a new set. Non-adjustable. How ah? This mounting issue thing...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
must identify exactly which part makes the noise.. exactly..

sumtimes if not properly install also will make noise..

Gudluck :burnout:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Did u cushion the bottom spring..? the spring need some time to seat in. Is it sound like nyek nyek nyek...? tok tok tok...? bearing in the mounting wear out will cause that sound. Check if the mounting has crack around the rubber.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Did u cushion the bottom spring..? the spring need some time to seat in. Is it sound like nyek nyek nyek...? tok tok tok...? bearing in the mounting wear out will cause that sound. Check if the mounting has crack around the rubber.
The sound is like a combination of nyek nyek and tok tok... The coil spring was not cushioned. I asked why didn't use the cushion and the guy said no need. I was like wtf. Since he said no need to I trusted him. Now i believe the sound comes from 2 source. One is the spring being not cushioned and another is the mounting.

As for the mounting, I do nto know how to judge whether it wear off or not. The first mech who helped me install the suspension said that it was still ok. But now I went to another mech, he told me it is mounting without even testing the car.

How to see if mounting still good or not? The coil spring top plate didn't crack. Do they mean the centre part where they bolt the absorber shaft on?

deng3882

Known Member
Jan 25, 2011
klang
i have this problem too after installing adjustable..most probably is the mounting bearing have worn out as i change to a local brand mounting and problem solved..the local mounting cost me around rm60..

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
The sound is like a combination of nyek nyek and tok tok... The coil spring was not cushioned. I asked why didn't use the cushion and the guy said no need. I was like wtf. Since he said no need to I trusted him. Now i believe the sound comes from 2 source. One is the spring being not cushioned and another is the mounting.

As for the mounting, I do nto know how to judge whether it wear off or not. The first mech who helped me install the suspension said that it was still ok. But now I went to another mech, he told me it is mounting without even testing the car.

How to see if mounting still good or not? The coil spring top plate didn't crack. Do they mean the centre part where they bolt the absorber shaft on?
If the mounting bearing spoiled, u can hear it even standstill, lift the front wheel up, try ask some1 to turn your steering while u listen at the top mount, open the cap on top n u can see the bearing. If its smooth then its not mounting bearing. If the whole rubber top mount has no crack then its fine.

Probably the spring rubbing the spring seat, u need cushion for the spring, even its fine now eventually its will sound as metal rubbing metal. I see ppl using rubber hose as cushion, Hope this help.

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
nyek3>>>>spring w/o cushion ::::tok3>>>>mounting bearing KONG.....Try take out 1..n..use two hand hold te mounting ....1 side up te other side down...if its longgar.....means its oledi KONG.....my fren matter

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my bro's car gti is always jerking...y? last time the mekanik said cable plug no2 problem..change the new one (one set). after that, it happens again after 2 months...whats the problem actually? anyone can help me in order to avoid him to replace the cable plug every two months..hehe
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience