Toyota Wish Suspension

Sep 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I'm Fariz. Own Toyota Wish NFL 2006 model since 2009. Recently, I've changed my 17" rims to 18" with 225 40 R18 tyre size. To lowered my car, i've replaced original suspension to adjustable suspension ISC brand. But, it make me headache because of bumping eventhough i've adjusted to 100% soft of the suspension. Please advise my friends.

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
I'm Fariz. Own Toyota Wish NFL 2006 model since 2009. Recently, I've changed my 17" rims to 18" with 225 40 R18 tyre size. To lowered my car, i've replaced original suspension to adjustable suspension ISC brand. But, it make me headache because of bumping eventhough i've adjusted to 100% soft of the suspension. Please advise my friends.
Simple, revert your changes or go with smaller size tire with thicker profile.

SuperVelocity

5,000 RPM
Feb 27, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
do you face this issue on the front and rear? your bumping do you mean too hard for you?

mfhuzaimiz

Sep 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yup, my car still hard at the softest setting. I'm thingking to changed back to original suspension by using comfort lowered spring. Is it ok to solve my problem? Appreciate your advise..

mfhuzaimiz

Sep 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks bro for your advise. Could anybody suggest to me which brand of the comfort lowered spring suitable to be fit to my Toyota Wish by maintaining 18" rims size.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
is your set new or old and have you checked with the dealer or installer?
some coilovers are not just spring perch adjustable but body adjustable as well. unsavvy installers may not know how to properly set such coilovers and might have excessively pre-loaded your springs.

Hope the below articles would help:

BC Racing Coilover Spring Change and Preload Adjustment on Vimeo.mp4 - YouTube

ADJUSTING BC COILOVERS (PRELOAD)

TOOLS:
SUPPLIED SPANNER WRENCH’S

SAFETY:
ALWAYS USE QUALITY JACKSTANDS WHEN WORKING UNDER YOUR VEHICLE.
NEVER WEAR LOOSE FITTED CLOTHING AROUND A RUNNING MOTOR.
ALWAYS WEAR SAFETY GLASSES.
PLEASE STAY SAFE.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. RAISE YOUR CAR ON JACKSTANDS AND REMOVE THE WHEELS.

CLEAN THE COILOVER THREADS WITH COMPRESSED AIR AND A RAG BEFORE MOVING THE LOCK RINGS.

LOOSEN LOCK RING (B)

4. LOWER SEAT (A) SO THAT THERE IS NO TENSION ON THE SPRING.

5. NOW RAISE (A) BY HAND UNTIL IT TOUCHES AND HOLDS THE SPRING FIRMLY IN PLACE WITHOUT PUTTING TENSION ON THE SPRING. (THIS IS KNOWN AS A 0 PRELOAD).

6. RAISE (B) UNTIL IT TOUCHES (A).

7. TAKE YOUR SPANNER WRENCH AND RAISE (A)(WHICH IS NOW PUTTING TENSION ON THE SPRING) UP 5MM (TOP OF (B) TO THE BOTTOM OF (A)). THIS IS KNOWN AS A 5MM PRELOAD (WHICH IS WHAT BC RECOMMENDS FROM THE FACTORY).

8. AFTER YOU GET YOUR 5MM PRELOAD RAISE LOCK RING (B) BACK TO (A) AND TIGHTEN THE TWO TOGETHER.

9. YOU ARE FINISHED.

Setting the Preload on your BC Coilovers (or other brands) - Maxima Forums

Megan Racing

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Stolen Vehicle, Please help to spread the news.
MODEL: 1.6 Satria oldest version, number plate at bumper
NO: WDX 9630
COLOR: Flat Black
MOD: 1.8 GSR Turbo, Front mount evo3 intercooler
EXTERIOR: GTI Bumper, Mivec Spoiler. Rim, sideskirt, hood everything still the same as photo shown.
If found, please call 016-2020173 (JD)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience