Suspension tune: recommended workshop

20v_ke35

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Ipoh, Perak D R
Hi everyone,

***Just to make things clear, I'm not getting any profits from this review and I'll not responsible to any damage happened due to this tuning (as any of aftermarket products claimed). I'm just to share recent experience on my suspensions tuning.***

My old Toyota ride get it suspension tuned by a local workshop in Ipoh. My ride was with it OEM suspensions and it felt like a rocking boat in the sea. First, I was a bit sceptical, but since the price isn't going to cost my arms and limbs, I just give it a try.

Simply by told the mechanic how I wanted my suspension to feel, he start the works right away. I told him to make it just a bit stiffer from those aftermarket adjustable suspensions. The tune is started by inspecting the absorber health. If there is no leaking, he will continue the works. The tuning was done by removing and adding certain amount of new oil into the absorber, and of course, some special formula. After, just a couple of hours, it was ready.

So, with not too confident feel, I did my first test drive. First round was just around the workshop area. The absorber was stiffer then before. A whole lot stiffer. In fact, just like I wanted. The second round, I did the test drive on the waving interstate roadways of Malaysia. Before this, the road was full of patch, bump and uneven tar. Now, it all gone. I even got the reach illegal speed that was meant for PLUS highways on that road.

Verdict: I'll recommended this to any shallow pocket, budget racer or you just can't find aftermarket suspension, like me. If you are interested or have anything to ask, here are the shop details.

The workshop coordinates.
4.546763, 101.112096
Person to contact:
012-592 2050 (Wan)

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
Hi,

This is interesting. What did he do to "tune" it? I am assuming that you are using coilovers now?
How long did the whole process take? :)

Thanks.

20v_ke35

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Ipoh, Perak D R
Hi,

No coilover yet. But soon. It'll only take 2 hours, if the no problems with our existing suspension.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
injecting absorber?

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
my fren, drive ae92, modified his absorber, weld lorry tube to te absorber housing, pump air in it, I drove his car twice, cornering damm gud, bumps road=no bumps feelings. personally, I feel like it's better than those absorber shop in Klang valley. somemore it's so reliable, last Many yr. just share.

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
thicker oil (engine oil, gear oil etc) will increase the viscosity of the shock absorber's hydraulic oil damping ability thus adding a certain amount of 'stiffness' to it. But with the down side of adding more fiction and cause the shocks to generate heat faster and higher. Thus reduce the life span of the shocks. Just like marine on booster pack - instant increase of power with shorten life in Starcraft ~

:D just sharing what i know~ peace. :driver:

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
thicker oil (engine oil, gear oil etc) will increase the viscosity of the shock absorber's hydraulic oil damping ability thus adding a certain amount of 'stiffness' to it. But with the down side of adding more fiction and cause the shocks to generate heat faster and higher. Thus reduce the life span of the shocks. Just like marine on booster pack - instant increase of power with shorten life in Starcraft ~

:D just sharing what i know~ peace. :driver:
thats y i dun follow their way, although its cheap. no confidence

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, I have some problem, after some investigations:

- usually when temperature passes half, radiator fan will on and once the temp is slightly below half, it stops
- problem is, sometimes even after half, the fan is still not moving causing the temperature raised high (almost red bar)
- i thought the fan broken, tried to knock the motor (suggestion from a friend), still not working
- but, when I turn the AC on, both fans (radiator & AC) are on now. Meaning, my radiator fan is working! It...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience