Some questions regarding engine transplant on Honda EJ

hanhng

Known Member
Nov 14, 2009
The earth
Hi to all Honda expert, I have a 96 4doors Honda Civic non-vtec which i plan to do an engine transplant on it, just wondering, how much would a B18C/ B16A/ B16A (halfcut) cost? Which engine would you recommend and which would be the best value of money? My current engine has more than 250000km on it, should i keep it by just overhaul it instead of changing to other engine to save me some money?:hmmmm:

Thanks a lot for your viewing and would appreciate your useful recommendations.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
u should ask yourself what is it that you want, or rather, what are u looking for?

b16a would be cheapest, halfcut ranges from 7k-8k depending on spec (modded or not)
b16b - not mistaken its around 10.5k complete package
b18c gsr - is quite difficult to source but if can find i think it'll be around 9.5k-10k
b18cr - is about 13.5k

i guess the price says it all.

triplor

Known Member
Jul 9, 2007
the most value for money and good performance imo would be the B16B hafcut conversion.

hanhng

Known Member
Nov 14, 2009
The earth
True, but how much will it cost to transplant the engine to the car? Including the gear box, braking system blah blah blah. All the civic with these engine selling for way higher price than a stock civic, price is up to RM60k but i can only sell mine(stock 1) for about 25k-30k :(

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It is a fantastic article that I think everyone should read especially if you are having difficulty with blind spots while driving. I have tried it and it bloody works. Hopefully anyone who is interested can find it online or even contact the Editor Azlan Ramli @ 03-7784 6688 for this article. If it's already posted somewhere on ZTH, moderators please delete this thread. Thank you. :listen:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience