Some questions regarding coilovers.

vyndicator

Known Member
Aug 5, 2005
Selangor
Hello fellow Hondarians,

I am currently at a crossroad in choosing a reasonable set of shocks. I am considering a Tein Super Street coilover but I have seen a D2 coilover going for much less. Has anyone tried these coilovers and could you guys shed some light as to help me decide? Would appreciate any comments you guys can offer! Thanks a bunch.

p.s Currently running on Koni + Eibachs, how would the above coilover compare with these as I have never tried coilovers before.

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
koni + eibach for civic EK? i used that setup before and now for my 'old-man' accord m using tein but not superstreet la. IMHO, my accord's handling is much better now compared to what i felt with my civic. comfort level i think is at par with koni + eibach.

one thing i didn't like about koni+ eibach... my car was not as low as i wanted it to be :)

vyndicator

Known Member
Aug 5, 2005
Selangor
Nope, forgot to mention that its on my EG. However, the Koni + Eibach setup I still have on right now, drops the front by 1.2 and rear by 1.4 inches. Even with such a drop, it causes me to scrape the mudflaps and sometimes the exhaust piping whenever driving over bumps. Darn it for not having proper speed bumps...

The (spring rate)specs I got for the Tein SS are 7kg/mm front and 3kg/mm rear
whereas the D2 coilovers are at 12kg/mm front and 6kg/mm rear. Any idea how harsh the ride would be with the above settings? How does a D2 stack up agaist a Tein? Although the D2's are from Taiwan, they look pretty darn good.I really have not tried a coilover and I am still new in this,so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch guys!

avantasia

4,000 RPM
Sep 27, 2004
TeAM C.R.D KL
Visit site
get 1 set of brand new if affordable!!! D2 also new name in malaysia but quality wise and performance so far so good from what i heard from 1 of es owner!!!!!

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
I got a set of Omni Power USA coilover for EG for clearance sale at special price if pick up before CNY. Non-damping adjustable. Spring adjustable and lower collar height adjustable. Frt 10kg/mm and rear 8kg/mm. Only one set left!

vyndicator

Known Member
Aug 5, 2005
Selangor
Thanks guys for the reply so far. However, I'm still keen to know how good the Tein SS and D2 stack up against each other. Still pondering over which ones to purchase as I really do not want to make an expensive mistake..

vyndicator

Known Member
Aug 5, 2005
Selangor
Any one else able to spare me some sound advice? Would very much like to hear your comments to help me decide. Thanks a lot!

avantasia

4,000 RPM
Sep 27, 2004
TeAM C.R.D KL
Visit site
if u got money get the adjustable hi low RG suspension for u'r eg....so far very good handling + cornering + comfort......price around 1.7k to 1.8k

if u want the spring only better u ask chris for OMNI Power spring, may be u can get best price...other brand like eibach also not bad though..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Mind to share how high (not really high la, just want to just nice when floor the pedal) the boost can be set on stock E3+fuel regulator+walbro+highcam.
stock boost is 0.6 rite? it is safe if set it to 0.8 or 1bar(use fish bone)?

Thanks..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience