some q about b16a auto

jerm

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
PJ
www.teamcrx.tk
hi all, some questions about b16a auto;

1. does the auto and manual version of the b16 have different cams? if yes, is there a difference in replacing the automatic engine's cams with a manual engine's one?

2. ecu for auto is it different from a manual's one? would it affect anything if a manual ecu is put in place of an auto ecu?

3. would anyone like to share the FC of a b16 auto?

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
1. yes the auto and manual cams are different...but no confirmation on replacing the manual to auto or auto to manual can give you better performance...becoz some mech say that the auto is better and some say otherwise:stupid:...

2. yes..the ECU is different in term of tuning...better ask 4 any sifu out here bout replacing the ECU and the effect on it..what i heard is if u change the gearbox to manual but still using the auto ECU...when u shift gear the RPM drops a lot...

3. FC is good enough just like other auto's...even tough the manual gearbox is more fuel saving...u have to watch your foot on the pedal and try not to drive like an F1 driver all the time...normal driving is ok:driver:...i got near 500KM on full tank on highway (110KM/120KM) + a little stop an go on traffic lights...but when vtec is on...the FC is like shit:banghead:...also...FC depends on ur engine mod...mine is standard auto with intake and exhaust modified...

hope this can help u a little...:thefinger: cheers..

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
at the most below RM 110...EK have 45liter tank rite..just fill in this morning when the fuel empty light is flashing...the speedo clock 470KM for a full tank...

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
at the most below RM 110...EK have 45liter tank rite..just fill in this morning when the fuel empty light is flashing...the speedo clock 470KM for a full tank...
mine rm 90 = 410km...vtec never open la..hahahha...campur campur town and hiway....

but mine b18c....kind of the same the FC...:driver:..luv it....

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
hi all, some questions about b16a auto;

1. does the auto and manual version of the b16 have different cams? if yes, is there a difference in replacing the automatic engine's cams with a manual engine's one?

2. ecu for auto is it different from a manual's one? would it affect anything if a manual ecu is put in place of an auto ecu?

3. would anyone like to share the FC of a b16 auto?
1. I'm sure the cams are the same duration if its from the same year model.

2. Why would you want to do that?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

My friend gave this firestar Launch Control System and i wanted to DIY install into my car but that's no diagram for it. Just wondering how it works?
Having 5 wires,
1) Red
2) Black
3) Purple
4) White
5) Orange

As i know red and black only...have to idea with others.
Need some advise from DIY members.:adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience