Need some help needed regarding B16a. Doing a convert soon.

SimonsayZ

Known Member
Dec 27, 2004
Puchong
Hi all, I bought an EG3 2-door AUTO and I'm gonna change it to B16 soon. Question is, will I face problems in long run if I convert it to B16 Manual? Because from auto to manual, I'm not sure if there will be problems with the clutch pedal, transmission and all.
Are they gonna drill holes or anything like that in order to put in the clutch pedal?
Im still in doubt, so I hope anyone is willing to provide me with any information, I would be much grateful. Sorry, Im still kinda noob in all these. :regular_smile:
Secondly, I'm still deciding whether to get B16 auto or manual. I know auto is not that powerful but I travel to work and encounter alot of traffic jams. So, Im kinda like the convenience of auto tranny. But another side of me wants more power..haha.
Finally what is the difference between B16A1 and B16A2? I only need 1.6 so I wanna know what are my options for halfcut. EG6 halfcut?

Thanks for reading and CHEERS! :_:

Jasper

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
www.skype.com
eg6 will do fine

SimonsayZ

Known Member
Dec 27, 2004
Puchong
Thanks for the reply. EG6 is b16a1 or b16a2? any difference in SIR and SIRII?
I'm also wondering does all EG6 halfcuts come with LSD gearbox? Any difference from conventional gearbox?
Thanks again.

Cimpeng

2,000 RPM
Jan 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
go for eg6 94 spec.
u can see at the top of tro. body have one sensor.
that one is 94 spec.
LSD? u can see at gearbox have wrote LSD
if u want easy and low maintance take gearbox witout LSD.
if u want kaw² and a little bit maintance go for LSD.. :D
which u luck in convert.

Last edited:

SimonsayZ

Known Member
Dec 27, 2004
Puchong
ICic, thx for the info, I am also thinking of getting a better clutch. Will the standard clutch tahan all the high revs? Coz I scared the clutch will be goner if too much vtec engage.haha.
Any recommendations for clutch best suit with LSD gearbox? Best if the clutch is not too hard, might be too strain for my weak legs, especially during jams. LOL

red jdm eg

Known Member
Dec 11, 2005
b16a manual lot problem...use standard engine la bro...petrol save...if u want vtec buy another car.:regular_smile:

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
red jdm eg said:
b16a manual lot problem...use standard engine la bro...petrol save...if u want vtec buy another car.:regular_smile:
wah, this is really surprising. B16A engine + manual gearbox got a lot of problem? get your facts right la bro. with proper parts and tuning, a standard B16A engine + block + pistons + cranks can go up to over 200 bhp at the crank and at the same time, durable enough for daily use, proven by Omniman's 200 BHP B16A project.

hkk79

Known Member
May 1, 2004
No doubt, B16A engine is quiet old...of course any engine sure got some problem... Anyway I am using B16A also, so far no major problem...

As long as you take care the engine well, it should be ok! :_:

red jdm eg

Known Member
Dec 11, 2005
how much to install+hulfcutb16a??around RM7000 can arr....:Not_Impressed:

suduRed

Known Member
Sep 27, 2005
Bdr.Sri.Dmsara
red jdm eg said:
Hi Bro,
may i know what kind of engine that u used in your car,surely urs one never gave lot of prob at all 4ever n ever rite,i`ll gonna chg it to in my car soon hehe;..joke..like to ask u,did standard engine never give a lot of prob??u sure on it??...fyi,im was using ori eg6 with b16a which 92 manufactured and regstred on 97,so far i haven`t face any major problem as well even my engine is quite old,your statement really make me shock,come on la bro...all kind of engine will might be a prob if didnt take a good care rite?see how u use it laa...correct me if i`m wrong...regarding on petrol save,i won`t comment...i thought u shall find another thread to discuse obout this...