SIC Track Day

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
Re: September Track Day

sorry Sil80-13, I'm 1 of the evo8 white owner. but i share pit with 2 satria and 1 mirrage. and there is a ford ranger there. we all share 1 pit. my car was just puncture. no problem. u can see black smoke? is it my car? the other evo that share pit with spyderslr i dunno what happen with his car la.
Its ok Morpheus. D other white EVO I thought is your friend. Haha. Then black smoke I think is the other guy. Not you. Anyway, hopefully this 27th will not be jam with lots of cars. Haha.

Coming this 27th???

morpheus

Known Member
Nov 4, 2008

try to make it. normally sunday i will be there. but my wallet ... pokai la..

ISWARA GT-R

Known Member
Jan 13, 2004
8th Miles 53100

I've totally lost touch with them d. Hahaha. If I myself cukup gang, I won't go solo yesterday. Hehehe. Its harder to racun as we grow older. You are really living a good life to wake up at 2pm.

Ya mate, its been a long long time.
No la. It was Sunday in puasa month and only go to bed at 6 a.m.

Maybe next track day kot we shall meet. Heheheheheh.

Looks like there'll be a big crowd this 27th.

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004

Plan to go on 27th, but looks like gonna be big crowd.

Morpheus : Are you the guy wearing the white jersey?

jay-z

Dec 20, 2007

just checking guys, initially there was mention of a Open Track Day this coming sunday the 13 of Sept? Any news whether it's still on? Bart, maybe you can clarify. I know there's one on the 27 of Sept already. Just checking. Thanks fellas.

morpheus

Known Member
Nov 4, 2008

no.. i'm wearing grey shirt with short pants. glasses, tall 5'8"

bart.ahmad

Known Member
Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

Jay-z. 13th Sept is closed for private function, 27th is Open TD.

Proton saga with any kind of wing, any kind of tires can join just make sure everything is securely fastened and it doesn't leak.

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004

morpheus : ohh sorry then, I got the wrong guy. Hehe.

Bart : Thanks for the confirmation. 27th looks set to go then. :)

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009

Jay-z. 13th Sept is closed for private function, 27th is Open TD.

Proton saga with any kind of wing, any kind of tires can join just make sure everything is securely fastened and it doesn't leak.
Thanks for the info Bart. Btw, just wondering what is the maximum car for registration on Open track day? As when it is too many cars, it's hard to play.

And also will be alot of red lights & can't really enjoy the full 3 hours.

bart.ahmad

Known Member
Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

During Open TD, Track Management doesn't limit the registration to any fix certain numbers but yes, we will stop registration once track marshals believe it is dangerous to allow one more into track.

As Open TD are practically scarce, we don't want to frustrate people but safety is a no compromise. Bikes, usually have this problem but they've voluntarily came up with solution which is class segregation which is above and below 400cc.

Best thing to do is, when traffic builds up, go to pit-lane for a brief rest.:wavey:

Last edited:

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my

During Open TD, Track Management doesn't limit the registration to any fix certain numbers but yes, we will stop registration once track marshals believe it is dangerous to allow one more into track.

As Open TD are practically scarce, we don't want to frustrate people but safety is a no compromise. Bikes, usually have this problem but they've voluntarily came up with solution which is class segregation which is above and below 400cc.

Best thing to do is, when traffic builds up, go to pit-lane for a brief rest.:wavey:
Last 23rd Aug Track Day we did more resting than driving, due to numerous red flags. In fact from 4.40pm till 5 pm it was red flag so lost of track time then too.

SIC should come up with a better solution la. At least run a limit during REGISTRATION for example. Max 80 cars ke, to solve the Open TD overcrowding. A satisfied customer, is a happy customer.

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009

Last 23rd Aug Track Day we did more resting than driving, due to numerous red flags. In fact from 4.40pm till 5 pm it was red flag so lost of track time then too.

SIC should come up with a better solution la. At least run a limit during REGISTRATION for example. Max 80 cars ke, to solve the Open TD overcrowding. A satisfied customer, is a happy customer.
Yes. As on 23rd, it is too crowded where almost everytime is red light. 1 time when I want to go out with my friends, put up helmet & once go out from pit, red flag again.

My suggestion is that SIC should consider on replacing the time for drivers if there is too many red lights. Maybe extend another 1/2 to 1 hours for teh driver??? Or limit it to 80-100 cars....:driver:

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site

i expected last 30th was gonna be the packed day, so i gambled everything & went for the 23rd. boy oh boy how wrong was my guesstimation. when i come back & read that the 6th Sept was even less packed, my morale went even lower. i only had the funds to attend 1 track day & my pick was very bad. so frustrated & sad. sigh~ sorry for venting.. not SIC's fault. cant help it tho; i missed track driving so much after so long. however it is very encouraging to see the explosive growth of enthusiasts not afraid & eager to bring their cars in & hone their skills with some very spirited driving. scared me good...

god knows when i can afford another trip inside. haih~

jay-z

Dec 20, 2007

thanks bart for the heads up on the dates for TDs.

yes agree with some that maybe SIC can consider some form of time compensation for too many red flags in a TD session. Maybe extend time slightly. Agree that the last 23rd Aug TD, we had waited for the final session from around 4.40pm but it did not come and the session ended at 5pm.Only had 2 good sessions throughout the afternoon.