Should I replace perdana?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Due to the high displacement also, road tax also expensive. Like previous Harrier the 2.4 second hand easier to sell than the 3.0....
350Z roadtax damn expensive. Around 4k plus a year... 370Z is even worse. Not to mention both of their tyres are expensive too... 18 or 19 inch. Some even want to go for 20 inch... I really like their V6 engine sound but aiming to own hose cars will really kill the pocket...

Another car that I know of with expensive roadtax would be Toyota Celsior/Lexus LS400... The first generation model... 4.0 1UZ-FE V8.... Second hand value around 30k...

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Quick question..

I've never own a turbo engine car and drive one on the highway.

I had wonder this for quite some time. Am i on boost/hurting the engine if i cruise the highway at 160kmh avrge?

This would be my speed if i travel up north (penang) and slightly higher down south due to better road condition. Doing this speed effortlessly with my pv6 without stopping at RnR.

:driver: :vroam:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Quick question..

I've never own a turbo engine car and drive one on the highway.

I had wonder this for quite some time. Am i on boost/hurting the engine if i cruise the highway at 160kmh avrge?

This would be my speed if i travel up north (penang) and slightly higher down south due to better road condition. Doing this speed effortlessly with my pv6 without stopping at RnR.

:driver: :vroam:
Boost is when you accelerate, when cruising no boost, but will have when needed......lol:driver:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
So, if you know people and got connections, you can get a car lower than the supposed 'market price'. Never actually thought about this factor at all... Because I always thought who would sell off their car at a lower value even if they are desperate to sell...

RM35k for 350Z is real cheap... My relative who owns one 350Z spent 20k for 19" CE28 and 15k for this titanium exhaust system. My relative spent 35k for 2 mods while your friend just bought a whole car with 35k.
can only imagine the owners face when the dealers make an offer for a 350z....

ahh well this kind of car, not easy to sell.... ppl that like it get scared away by the taxes while people who can afford that kind of tax usually have the $ to buy something better.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
What I meant was, let say at 140kmh cruising rpm would be around 3.5k ..the boost kick in at 3k rpm..

Would it boost through out the journey or sooner or later the pressure would equalize

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
350z price same goes to rx8
EHHHH!!!!!!!!! also as bad!? mi i have seen was 40k but that was just one unit....
my god..... these things depreciate fast....

ahh well i guess they will stop depreciating so rapidly at one point...

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
EHHHH!!!!!!!!! also as bad!? mi i have seen was 40k but that was just one unit....
my god..... these things depreciate fast....

ahh well i guess they will stop depreciating so rapidly at one point...
I wish sti would depreciate that fast:rofl::rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
can only imagine the owners face when the dealers make an offer for a 350z....

ahh well this kind of car, not easy to sell.... ppl that like it get scared away by the taxes while people who can afford that kind of tax usually have the $ to buy something better.
My relative has been owning the car for 7 years. From the look of it, he will continue to keep his car since 7 years of expensive roadtax did not scare him away. Unlike some owners who bought 350Z and use for like 1 or 2 years before giving in to the expensive roadtax cost. :biggrin:

What I meant was, let say at 140kmh cruising rpm would be around 3.5k ..the boost kick in at 3k rpm..

Would it boost through out the journey or sooner or later the pressure would equalize
From the sound of it, if you are cruising at around 160kmh, maybe your RPM will be at 4000... If so, I guess it depends a lot on your cooling system capabilities to see if your car can endure such a long distance journey.

My 350Z relative told me before that he went for touge session with Evo and STI owners. Said that those cars are fast during touge, zoom here and there. But after a certain amount of time, they will stop by roadside to rest because apparently their water temperature is overheating and boiling.

I wish sti would depreciate that fast:rofl::rofl:
The major reasons that I can think of for 350Z depreciation value would be the roadtax. Another thing would be the expensive maintenance costs for a V6 engine. You own a V6 engine, you know that some parts for V6 are doubled compared to inline engine. Tyre is probably another factor... My relative uses 275/30/19 size for his rear tyres... You can imagine the price it costs for the rear tyres...

As for RX-8, I guess that is due to the rotary engine itself. Not a lot of shops know how to fix it or maintain it. Plus the few issues with rotary engines like replacing the apex seal inside the rotor after a certain period of time and mileage.... Need to take out the whole engine to do it...

STI on the other hand is not that bad despite drinking for fuel than 350Z and RX-8. No matter what, it is still a 4 door sedan. Practicability is still there like fetching more people than 350Z. Even RX-8 had a small rear legroom which is not comfortable for the rear passengers. Rear boot space for STI is good enough as well. Ride height and ground clearance for STI is also higher, which means going through speed bumps and indoor car parks is not much of an issue compared to 350Z and RX-8... Not to forget that STI makes more power and is faster than 350Z and RX-8... I mean, after writing all these out, I think STI is really a good deal compared to them.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
yup memang its the roadtax which kills the car.... the 350 is a very reliable car if not abused, nothing very much goes wrong with it.........

275/30/19 < habis bankrap when mau tukar tayar.... im running 18"s and already not looking forward to changing tyres...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

When accelerate the boost come in from 3k rpm, but when cruising even at higher rpm it does not boost because constant speed

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yup memang its the roadtax which kills the car.... the 350 is a very reliable car if not abused, nothing very much goes wrong with it.........

275/30/19 < habis bankrap when mau tukar tayar.... im running 18"s and already not looking forward to changing tyres...
My ex colleague bought and use for one year only. Tyre bald use second hand, come road tax he sold the car......lol:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Yes, I guess the only main problem would be our country's displacement based roadtax system. FC is reasonable for 350Z. An owner once told me that he owns a Camry and 350Z. On highway, 350Z achieves better FC than the Camry. His 350Z is an AT version. 350Z had a very nice sound too if they change their muffler... Stock not so nice.

For tyres, my relative is using Indonesian tyres which is ATR Sport previously and now Accelera PHI2. Even with those brands, tyres are not cheap. :banghead:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes, I guess the only main problem would be our country's displacement based roadtax system. FC is reasonable for 350Z. An owner once told me that he owns a Camry and 350Z. On highway, 350Z achieves better FC than the Camry. His 350Z is an AT version. 350Z had a very nice sound too if they change their muffler... Stock not so nice.

For tyres, my relative is using Indonesian tyres which is ATR Sport previously and now Accelera PHI2. Even with those brands, tyres are not cheap. :banghead:
19" mah! maybe next round can check China tyres.....lol:driver:
However the PHI looks nice, flat and square, looks wide but I remember the reviews not good....hhahhaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

http://protonmania.com/index.php/topic,283.0.html"]http://protonmania.com/index.php/topic,283.0.html[/URL]
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience