What should one do if involve in a Motorcycle Hit and Run Accident?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Morning ZTHians...

Just to get some opinions and suggestion from everyone or those who had experienced such
accident before. Please share with us your experience, opinions or suggestions for the best
course of action when one is involve in an accident with a Motorcycle.

Firsty, let me share my part of story. I was driving at around Ampang area after meeting up
a friend at his new home. At that time, traffic was starting to increase. So, was jamming up
at this stretch at Ampang where it leads to KL area. Somewhere near GlenEagle Hospital.

Well, as everyone knows, during a jam, is always bumper to bumper crawl. Stop,
move, stop move. That's the only thing one have to drive when stucked in a traffic jam.

So, I was moving forward when all the cars move. So, I stopped my car since everyone
has stopped in front, all of a sudden heard a tyre screeching sound and BANG! Look at
my rear view mirror, It was a motorcyclist who collided with my car. Rammed straight to
my rear bumper.

I could feel the impact. Then in my mind, I told myself, shit gone la my bumper, sure dented
real bad. It was a 2 lane road and I'm on the right. So, waited for the bike to move,
(Thought he is gonna move to the side of the road as I follow by turning on my left signal
to go to the left lane.

Noticed something is not right, he just continue riding off, I was like WTF!? I HONK that
idiot, he pretended that he hear nothing and move on, I tailed him real close until all
the cars all stopped and he just move on to the far left and continue his way...

HIT AND RUN!? I was like what is this man, if you can't afford to pay, why not use your brain
and ride a bike properly? Could at least get down and apologise?

So, my gf Jotted down his Number Plate WEM 3090, Yamaha Kap if not wrong from
where I can see the brand.

So, didn't have the chance to get down to check, until I turn right after the traffic light
(Road to AKLEH Highway). Stopped and check, thank god not dented but the scratch marks
was quite deep and I could see the base. Paint scrapped off.

I was so mad.

So, I believe many would have experience such frustrating situation. The thing is
what can we do to really solve such problem? The law seems to stand more on
their side, a friend of mine advised me to report, if not, the motorcyclist if he
report and said he was injured cuz I knock him or watever, he is able to claim
my insurance within 6 mths period?

(this is ridiculous whereby most accidents are caused by them)

Any laws that will protect the drivers instead? Stricter rules have to be implied on
Motorcyclist who hit and run. Simply unacceptable.

Questions:

1) So, what would you guys do in such Hit and Run situation? Report to the Police?
(Any Police Station?)

2) Will Police even bother to take any action in the 1st place after reported?

3) Will I be issued a summon/charge certain fees for lodging a report?
From what I know, only if a person is guilty for causing that accident
will get a summon.

4) If it is not Hit and Run, if both stopped to discuss the matter, we won't be able
to claim their insurance, and they will just say, "no money"

So, just hope to hear some of your thoughts. Please share. Thanks! :adore:

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
Hit by a motorcycle = bad luck, dun think police will even bother to accept ur report since nth major happened,
even if something serious happened, their insurance cant even cover for ur car, usually they will speed off once they hit ur car,but when u hit them even abit,they will get angry, kick ur car and speed off,lolz....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That's what I meant, they are getting over their heads, they think they can do whatever they like, like kicking your car and things
like that? So, knock them down and demand for payment? or just to make it fair for each other? U damage my car I damage ur bike?

In the end, still who will end up being the culprit? Still not fair I find it...Government should do something about punishing motorist
with bad attitude and vandalizing our cars by kicking our car and etcs...

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
u hit them down, they turn around and claim that u r driving dangerous and purportrated to cause GBH....lolz,lagi teruk, govt?lolz, how to tackle the prob where is the mindset that cause all the prob?wakaka...i think ur car need to mandi bunga ady,so many 'incident' happened to ur car lately...:smokin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
u hit them down, they turn around and claim that u r driving dangerous and purportrated to cause GBH....lolz,lagi teruk, govt?lolz, how to tackle the prob where is the mindset that cause all the prob?wakaka...i think ur car need to mandi bunga ady,so many 'incident' happened to ur car lately...:smokin:
Even thinking of just repair it and sell it off...one case after another...

No wonder they said, if got any dents best repair it. It will attract more after that...
Happens to me >_<

What is GBH? If this cannot do, tat cannot do. Just let them off really beh tahan...bo Suang lo!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Lunch time ma, BLM again.

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Sadly there is noting we can do as car drivers if a motorcyclist hits us. They are above the law. Even my motorcyclist friends hate the other 99% of motorcyclists.

A motorcyclist knocked the driver side of my ride today, woman claimed that I didnt signal (altho I did), she was trying to follow the motocycle ahead which just escaped overtaking in a single lane road. I told her in bulan puasa she still doesnt mind telling lies & allegations... then she promptly shut the fuck up.. the nerve of these people.

Best thing is to have multiple video cameras in our cars to protect ourselves... if not, save up as much money as you can, migrate to a better country (which is what I will be aiming for TQ)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That's the thing, the law are protecting them, which is why they don't give a damn and dare to do all sorts of things like kicking
your car or anything like that. If only I got a deep pocket, I wouldn't mind if they wanna claim my insurance.

I just make sure I damage their silly kap cai, I don't think is enough to cover them to get a new bike, at least give some hassles for them.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Just too bad for us Drivers...claim their insurance also not enough to cover but is possible to claim motorcyclist insurance eh?
At least claim something better than nothing...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The thing with accidents with motorcyclist is like that, car always in the wrong.....:banghead:Since he whack you and cabut, just repair your own car. I doubt they will make report, probably he got no driving license even. Anyway, he got no evidence you bang him, how to claim?

Last time bike served into my lane, and I knock into him. Lucky was slow, so he fell and slightly damage his bike only. Paid him RM50 and cabut. If go to report to police, will waste more time and money.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The thing with accidents with motorcyclist is like that, car always in the wrong.....:banghead:Since he whack you and cabut, just repair your own car. I doubt they will make report, probably he got no driving license even. Anyway, he got no evidence you bang him, how to claim?

Last time bike served into my lane, and I knock into him. Lucky was slow, so he fell and slightly damage his bike only. Paid him RM50 and cabut. If go to report to police, will waste more time and money.....
The G is like telling us, drivers, just keep one eye close, u guys are driving cars, should be able
to afford to repair the damages rather than people who is on bike. They are much more poor than
you.

Just be more considerate and kind to them. :banghead:

Too bad these bikers misused their own benefit. Sounds pretty unfair but majority suggested
nothing can be done when such incident happen....too bad for us drivers I guess.

Though thanks for all the suggestion and advice. Keep it coming if u guys have any suggestion or opinions. :driver:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Morning ZTHians...

Just to get some opinions and suggestion from everyone or those who had experienced such
accident before. Please share with us your experience, opinions or suggestions for the best
course of action when one is involve in an accident with a Motorcycle.

Firsty, let me share my part of story. I was driving at around Ampang area after meeting up
a friend at his new home. At that time, traffic was starting to increase. So, was jamming up
at this stretch at Ampang where it leads to KL area. Somewhere near GlenEagle Hospital.

Well, as everyone knows, during a jam, is always bumper to bumper crawl. Stop,
move, stop move. That's the only thing one have to drive when stucked in a traffic jam.

So, I was moving forward when all the cars move. So, I stopped my car since everyone
has stopped in front, all of a sudden heard a tyre screeching sound and BANG! Look at
my rear view mirror, It was a motorcyclist who collided with my car. Rammed straight to
my rear bumper.

I could feel the impact. Then in my mind, I told myself, shit gone la my bumper, sure dented
real bad. It was a 2 lane road and I'm on the right. So, waited for the bike to move,
(Thought he is gonna move to the side of the road as I follow by turning on my left signal
to go to the left lane.

Noticed something is not right, he just continue riding off, I was like WTF!? I HONK that
idiot, he pretended that he hear nothing and move on, I tailed him real close until all
the cars all stopped and he just move on to the far left and continue his way...

HIT AND RUN!? I was like what is this man, if you can't afford to pay, why not use your brain
and ride a bike properly? Could at least get down and apologise?

So, my gf Jotted down his Number Plate WEM 3090, Yamaha Kap if not wrong from
where I can see the brand.

So, didn't have the chance to get down to check, until I turn right after the traffic light
(Road to AKLEH Highway). Stopped and check, thank god not dented but the scratch marks
was quite deep and I could see the base. Paint scrapped off.

I was so mad.

So, I believe many would have experience such frustrating situation. The thing is
what can we do to really solve such problem? The law seems to stand more on
their side, a friend of mine advised me to report, if not, the motorcyclist if he
report and said he was injured cuz I knock him or watever, he is able to claim
my insurance within 6 mths period?

(this is ridiculous whereby most accidents are caused by them)

Any laws that will protect the drivers instead? Stricter rules have to be implied on
Motorcyclist who hit and run. Simply unacceptable.

Questions:

1) So, what would you guys do in such Hit and Run situation? Report to the Police?
(Any Police Station?)
usually if u get the number plate, u can go lodge report
2) Will Police even bother to take any action in the 1st place after reported?
police will have to accept yr report and as usual they will issue a warrant and if the motorcyclist do not appear to lodge his side of report within 2 weeks, he will be issued summon. provided the motor plate is genuine n not stolen bike
3) Will I be issued a summon/charge certain fees for lodging a report?
From what I know, only if a person is guilty for causing that accident
will get a summon.
refer answer no.2
4) If it is not Hit and Run, if both stopped to discuss the matter, we won't be able
to claim their insurance, and they will just say, "no money"
u can lodge report n wait for the result, if police confirmed the bike at fault, u have the right to claim his insurance.
So, just hope to hear some of your thoughts. Please share. Thanks! :adore:
some answer from what i know, pls correct me if i got the wrong answers...:driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
If I am not mistaken, if the motorcyclist report police and says he is injured after the collision with you although he hit you, you (insurance) have to bear his medical fees.

Is that true? Something to do with being less fortunate (having to ride a bike).

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
sorry that wat happened to u bro....i borrowed my frens kapchai....didnt know it was u...
i was in a hurry so i cabut lo....:rofl:

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

anyways....these are incidents we cannot avoid....lucky for him that it was bumper to bumper jam...
if its a clear road....i would chase him down...but if he is riding a superbike diff story le.....there was 1 incident
i was stuck near the famous summit road.....suddenly my car jerked....another motorcyclist tyre hit my rear bumper....he angkat tangan then chow....but since it was a slight bang i forgived him.....when at the parking spot inside summit, i checked my rear bumper & the bracket broke....just use a nut & screw it back...settled..

i suggest that just forgive the guy...maybe the fella in a hurry to visit his wife in a hospital ke....sick mother ke.....we wont know...
so just let it go...:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

need y'all to give comments or suggestions...

which tyre/ size to fit on my 15' rim

i want it look like drag car...

i was thinking to fit with falken 205/60/r15... any comments?

tks... ;)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience