should i get civic type r fd2r or integra dc5?

Which is the Type-R to Buy?

• FD2 Civic Type-R

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • DC5 Civic Type-R

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FN2 Civic Type-R

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
FD2r of course...Why would you go for older version of type r which you can only find 2nd or 3rd hand just because for the sake of two doors..performance wise ,check out in tests..both cars are the same in straight but in cornering fd2r is much better so basically you'll get better advantage on the track..plus the interior of dc5 is far backwards compared to fd2r..weight not much of difference since honda did the fd2r so precisely in terms of weight reduction even though with 4 doors..the only disadvantage i would say about buying a fd2r is fd2r and fd2 looks similar..which you may also come across a lot of fd2 looks like the exact fd2r on the streets.

jd5

Known Member
Mar 9, 2010
N/A
Having owned a teg for almost a year now, I have at times contemplated gettin a four door, FD2 being one of them. I wouldnt be bothered about comparing the performance of both cars, cuz they are NA's anyway. If performance was a big concern, I'd be looking at something else, and wont be wasting my time with Hondas.

The teg gives you the racer boy looks, but the FD2 is a proper sports sedan. You could drive it fast, and you could use it to fetch your grandma to the market. However, the price of FD2s are still a bit high, not to mention the expensive aftermarket parts. On the other hand, a teg can now be bought for less than 120k.

So for me, its the teg now for at least for another year or 2, and if the need for a four door arises, hopefully I would be able to afford a 4B11 by then. Haha!!

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
You know, track performance and numbers is NOT everything. I actually voted DC5R because it FEELS MORE FUN TO DRIVE than an FD2R EVERY DAY. And if you're a real petrolhead like most ZTHers, you can easily modify your DC5R to tapau an FD2R without headache anyway. I just feel that the Integra feels more special at the end of the day. It has a soul, not like the clinical FD2R. I'm sure those who have owned/driven both cars will agree with me?

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
sir. 3S-G,
no offence taken.n i dun own any Type R myself but I've driven a few DC5Rs & FD2Rs....so,I'm quite surprised whn u say DC5R has d shittiest Brembo ever.wat gives?n ur comparing w whc other Brembo model frm whc car if I may ask?Any infor frm u wud b alot of help coz i was actually planning 2 graft a pair of DC5R's Brembo into my car....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey all the sifu's out there..the topic as is how or where can i make floating hoods, the ones that are in auto shows:shocked: ?..there are a few pictures attached to this thread depicting the description of floating hoods..thnx!:shocked:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s228/ice_photo_album/redside.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s228/ice_photo_album/smallside1.gif

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s228/ice_photo_album/whiteside.jpg
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience