Serious Questions....

evo5229

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2005
KL/Kedah/Penang
hey im using iswara here....as i want 2 change the engine ....my machanic told me that JPJ will approve me but then when i having any accident or langar orang mati, my insurance will not help me ....they will say that i changed my engine...policy there not stated.....and also if i told them my engine change....izit they will change the policy or still going on? if this case......change engine is a serious case lo.....if langar orang.....may be we will go 2 jail... :eek: :thumpdown :tee: ....any one got opinion??? can help....anyway thankss all u all ya...... :tee:

sorry for asking a sily ques...i would like 2 know that izit the VTEC today diff from past.....the pass VTEC is more poweful than now??? so wat is the engine code...thankss for sharing .. :tee:

Last edited:

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Let me help you out abit, when u change ur engine you should inform ur insurance company and they will know what to do in-case of any accidents or mishaps..

As for the Vtec question what do you mean by more powerfull, from what I know honda engine are improving all the time and each generations the cars become more responsive n easier to drive... older vtec from the ek would go by engine codes like B16,B18,B20... current engines in the accord and intergra are K20..

evo5229

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2005
KL/Kedah/Penang
thanks alot DIno...ohkay....so i just inform them to change the engine code rite.....nvmmm...

and thansk also the vtec....ya i know last time is b16....but my fren told me tat last time vtec is more powerfull.....

ohkay...dino...ask u again ya....vtec also have big n small vtec rite...so how i know??.....thnakss a million vtec....n also nice to meet u !!! :tee:

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
big V means big cc...normally when ppl mention Vtec is those Vtec with twin cams..not single cams...2000cc and above considered big V...below is small V

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Maybe what your friend refers to is the VTEC vs i-VTEC ?
The old VTEC is good lah IMHO, can churn 1hp-10cc ratio.
But old VTEC also have to see, got the Honda city or SOHC vtec which is not really a drag or street machine....

The new i-VTEC is more on fuel economy, not like the 3 stage VTEC... correct me if i'm wrong.

evo5229

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2005
KL/Kedah/Penang
doink.....thankss ya.....really thanks.....so izit the civic that this model...original..the engine powerfull..i means the VTEC.....oredi can race with 1.6 mivec???thankss for sharing ya.... :tee:

tibun.....im also not sure ......dono ler...i said i would like 2 buy a civic which is above pic.....but my fren said last time VTEC more powerfull...so not sure loo...anbyway thanksss for replying...get your idea.....nice to meet u all yaaa :tee:

Last edited:

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
Vtec much more powerful bro, in my point of view n experiences!!... anyway Vtec got alot of performance part... but Mivec?? its not easy to find n not much im the market... so if want to hear the beautiful sound, Vtec la ape lagi!! :biggrin:

cypress8

1,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2004
Visit site
evo5229 said:
bro..your location at aus arr....really..hehe.....1st thnaksss alot ya..... :handkiss: ...hehe....ohkay...so i decide to get a mivec....hey if i want BOV sound....can i add to Vtec?hehe....a ques again..thankssss :tee:
If you want bov sound, both mivec and vtec also can, it's call bolt-on turbo, I'm sure you heard people say Mivec turbo, vtec turbo.

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
evo5229 said:
bro..your location at aus arr....really..hehe.....1st thnaksss alot ya..... :handkiss: ...hehe....ohkay...so i decide to get a mivec....hey if i want BOV sound....can i add to Vtec?hehe....a ques again..thankssss :tee:
originally im a seremban boy.. curently studying at aust :smile: want BOV sound can, like cypress said bolt on turbo then u can get it :biggrin:

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
What big-v small-v, those are indefinite terms used by people... they can mean different things.

The newer VTECs have not become less powerful at all. Its just that ordinary cars or SUVs these days are also equipped with the VTEC system, but mostly a 2-stage VTEC designed for fuel saving and moderate performance. Hence the general conception that VTEC has weakened.

Try the K20A (Or F20C) engines though, these 3 stage performance VTEC engines are in no way weaker than their B series predecessors. They rev higher, produce more power per displacement, have better torque and power curves, are smoother, etc...

Judging from a few readings, only a moderately modded B20 engine can match a K20 with minor mods...

*all info gathered from media, videos and internet. If wrong dont tembak. :)

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
mayb the b series vtec got some kinda kick ass feel so ur friend said it's more powerful.. i agree with zeroed.. don look down on k series engine.. even though u cant really feel the "kick" but the power comes smoother... it's good for track n also street use..

evo5229

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2005
KL/Kedah/Penang
a million thanks to all the guys tat replaying my ques......aligato !!!.....anyway....i really get alot of info......ohkay...so if i get the above civic which is showed the pic is wat engine .....Bseries rite??? then wat about EK....sorry i would like 2 know more about Honda engine......mist i know d....now...1 by 1....hehe...dun say i stupid la...i really want 2 know mer...hehe....thanksss a lot ya.....

so the BOV sound....i can add a turbo into VTEC lo....yoo.....rocks...i want the sound...hehe....... :tee:

cypress8

1,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2004
Visit site
evo5229 said:
a million thanks to all the guys tat replaying my ques......aligato !!!.....anyway....i really get alot of info......ohkay...so if i get the above civic which is showed the pic is wat engine .....Bseries rite??? then wat about EK....sorry i would like 2 know more about Honda engine......mist i know d....now...1 by 1....hehe...dun say i stupid la...i really want 2 know mer...hehe....thanksss a lot ya.....

so the BOV sound....i can add a turbo into VTEC lo....yoo.....rocks...i want the sound...hehe....... :tee:
Bro, you can always use google to find out the answers. Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.streettuners.com/curve/engine/engine_specs.html#civic

If not mistaken, the car above is an EJ (?), which means it is a local spec. EK are those JDM. If it is EJ, the engine should be D series, unless the owner did an engine swap to the B series. Ori EK comes with B series.

Am I correct Honda sifus?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi peeps, just want to share my recent little DIY project. I just refabric'd my wira door panels. Took me half a day to do it (excludes searching and buying materials). Generally quite satisfied with the results. It is available on my blog site, http://justz.blogspot.com

Once viewed, comments are welcomed. And if anyone wud like my services of refabric their door panels just PM me. Thanks for viewing.. :_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience