Serious question. Don't laugh D:

Feb 16, 2009
Okay guys, here's the deal,
This isn't a joke, and I'm not even sure if I'm posting this in the correct section. You all seem like you really know your stuff based on some of the other threads that I read through and are pretty helpful to members of the 0-100 community.

Here is my baby:

Same year. Same model. Just a different color. Baby blue, to be exact. The car is in perfect condition, handles like a dream, and is actually fairly zippy. It fits its purpose perfectly. It gets me back and forth to and from work and lets me cruise around with my friends in relative comfortability.
The only problem with it, as you can see, is it's not a very stylish car for a 19 year-old dude and his buds to cruise around in. I am definitely going to get it painted black with the same sheen seen on the car in the picture and may get different wheels. I'm not sure. What I really want to do is make it into a total oddball vehicle.

I want to have a 1993 Cavalier RS wagon convertible. I have already thought about it a little bit, screwed around and found out what it would look like. The only question I have is how in the hell (or who the hell) would I make this happen. I barely use the trunk space (hint hint).
I would really, really like to see how I could make this materialize. I love this car, though it is not too impressive, plus it would get a few stares.
If you reply to this thread, I don't want to hear "it's not possible". I have some money and am not afraid to use it. Also, if this is in the wrong section, tell me and direct me to the right one, please.

Thanks for any helpful comments and suggestions :D

Jon

Fudgo

Feb 16, 2009
It's a 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier RS wagon.
It's got about 28,000 miles on it (surprising, I know) and is in excellent condition with no current body modifications.

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
If you really are from where you say you are.. i doubt we could be of any help to you even if we wanted to be. Not to mention the resources available at your immediate area (yes, even in KY) vastly dwarf what's available for us over here in SE Asia. Heck, I didn't even know what car that was until PocketRocket asked LOL. Chevies dont have a big presence in Malaysia, let alone that particular model. Dunno about Singapore tho.

Sorry to disappoint ya, but unless you're living in Malaysia with that car, there's not much we could really help you with. There must be a Chevy forum with local guys somewhere, no?

Fudgo

Feb 16, 2009
If you really are from where you say you are.. i doubt we could be of any help to you even if we wanted to be. Not to mention the resources available at your immediate area (yes, even in KY) vastly dwarf what's available for us over here in SE Asia. Heck, I didn't even know what car that was until PocketRocket asked LOL. Chevies dont have a big presence in Malaysia, let alone that particular model. Dunno about Singapore tho.

Sorry to disappoint ya, but unless you're living in Malaysia with that car, there's not much we could really help you with. There must be a Chevy forum with local guys somewhere, no?
I didn't even think about Chevy forums. Thanks for the suggestion.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
I didn't even think about Chevy forums. Thanks for the suggestion.
i'm not trying to be funny...

but in the states, there lots of customizers around rite? we've seen what they can do in pimp my ride, overhaulin' etc....

Fudgo

Feb 16, 2009
i'm not trying to be funny...

but in the states, there lots of customizers around rite? we've seen what they can do in pimp my ride, overhaulin' etc....
There are lots of customizers around, yeah, but Kentucky isn't big for anything more than taking big trucks, lowering them, throwing retarded-big wheels on em, and putting flame patters across the wheel-wells. I just want a tasteful modification that will involve changing pretty much the entire top half of the car.

celicacultus

May 2, 2006
there will be a lot of work to convert it to a convertible, especially for the roof retracting device, unless you are thinking of going "topless". you will need extra bracing struts for the body flex at b & c-pillar, maybe one bar across the back of the seats (you can anchor the 4-point harness as well).

Other Options :

a big sunroof something like the old vw beetle, sliding vinyl ones if you know what I mean.

a removable targa top, do something like the "Goldfinger" Rolls Royce would be a killer!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys I actually thought of getting halfcut 4g92 mivec ck swap for my persona....But wanted to know about the spareparts for this engine. Can new spareparts still be found in shop ? Not the halfcut or recond but brand new spareparts for like driveshaft, alternator, waterpump and etc for this engine ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience