satria neo r3

rkbella33

Known Member
Jan 7, 2011
Penang
Dude get the car..the r2.5 doesn't count as a special ride. Mine is up
For sale too post3d in zth as I need to leave the country for 6 months and already
Have other daily rides. Best buy from club owner s who love and show off their cars..doesn't
Matter if you dont buy mine....its a ride that will make you smile

skylai82

Nov 20, 2011
PG
Gent's,

done my 1K service last Saturday, still idling speed is at 1k rpm. thinking about re-tune. any idea where the best SC to do this?
noticed yesterday that the speedometer is not that accurate especially @ 120km/hr (GPS clocked at 114 km/hr)
and anybody here have tried push for the redline? ( I've done 5000rpm ++ , not really confident to go more than that.)

Hi Friend,
Your GPS is running Papago or Garmin? 2DIN unit is Blaupunkt or other?

rkbella33

Known Member
Jan 7, 2011
Penang
by the way its just isnt the gearbox alone right, the engine has been tweaked with new streetcams, rings, new programmable ecu, lightened pulleys for cam, waterpump, the r3 chassis setting which is so different compared to stk, it rides brilliantly

finzo

Aug 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Gents - Been reading deligently all the thread info here. I'm looking for a weekend leisure ride and the R3 Neo ticks all the criteria I'm looking for in a car (from reading all your feedback). Looking to purchase a second hand item (build no: 019) from what's available in market - Very low milleage and apparently, owner has migrated to Bangkok hence car in very good condition. Anyway to verify this from your current master list?

Love the exclusivity, close ratio gb - so thinking this is a better buy than the R2.5 with performance upgrade package (same price if you do some simple math). Any last convincing from you guys? :biggrin:
Many thanks for all potential feedback!
i am one of the owners of the R3 Neo. #111 here :wavey: i've just checked the list, the build number 019 should be owned by Mohd Haziq i think. no idea about the details about him though. of course the R3 is a hell lot better buy compared to the R2.5 if you're looking at exclusivity. i have friends who have modded neos which are hell lot more faster than my car but that doesn't bring down the pride or satisfaction i have for spending on the R3. you're paying a premium price for a car which was sold with performance upgrades, a serial number. if you can appreciate exclusivity, go for it. it's a fun car to drive, don't expect the power though haha.

Last edited:

rkbella33

Known Member
Jan 7, 2011
Penang
can you check yr messages and also resubmit?
There are at least >10 people every week who ask to join but then dotn respond to messages!:cheers:

panjunkz

Known Member
Feb 6, 2009
Ampang

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Proton Satria Neo (M) R3 - Mudah Mobile - Buy and Sell in the Malaysia

This one in mudah also wanna sell. They claim 155hp which is not actually. U need to do mods till u get the 155hp.. Don't get fool by Proton.. My neighbour bought one. If ure got the money. Get the LOTUS Neo R3... Gsr also tapau!!
both links are the same car...

with wrong specs...
stock, only have 145hp..

those spec are optional upgrade..it sure don't have those..proton not fooling you...the seller are...

Feb 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
R3SN vs Imports

This is the story of my R3 Satria Neo (2011)

Approximately a month ago, I found a Satria Neo R3 (2011) with mileage less than 200km selling for RM67K at a used car shop. Upon close inspection, the car was indeed the limited edition R3SN (2011) and still had all the R3 performance parts. The interior was brand new (seats were still wrapped with plastic covers), and engine was super clean.

The oddest thing of the car was it only had been registered in May 2013. According to the used car dealer, this car had been sitting in Proton factory for 2 years, and was finally bought by a proton salesman who sold it after having it less than a week or so.

Now, the car is sitting handsomely in my garage. Although it has a few scratches on its paint, and some of the aesthetic parts are missing. But the car has never failed to put a smile on my face for many reasons. One, the price! I literally bought a R3SN that was brand new with a used car price, what a steal! Two, the amazing sporty driving experience, it is not a car that does 0-100 under 5 seconds but it screams for more throttle while cornering. Three, at this price, apart from the first R3 Satria GTI, I am not sure whether I could get another car that can give me the same ecstatic experience.

Some people may argue that many other imported sport cars could perform better on both road & track than R3SN, and ultimately it is a Proton’s product. I agree with the former and latter. However, in my personal opinion, I still think this is one of the best cars in Malaysia for two reasons.

One, it is very affordable NA sport car for a typical young Malaysian bloke like me (lol), and relatively cheap to maintain. Yes, you may say so many other imported cars in the market can offer more in terms of performance, but the car which you are thinking is either a > 10 year old car or cost more than 160K recon (the cheapest 2.0 unreg recon car I could think of was a Civic FD2R, RM165K). It seems like year of manufacture & financial factor simply do not exist in your equation any more. You got to know your definition of "the best car".

Reason number two is rather subjective. I am not a big fan of Proton, because I think there are simply no quality control policies in Proton’s factory. It is not a perfect car, but I truly appreciate every thing about it even its imperfections. R3 Satria Neo does make me proud as a Malaysian. To me, owning this car is like owning part of Malaysia’s history. This car is a definite keeper for many more years to come.

Now, I started having crazy ideas of restoring a R3 Satria GTI. Well, perhaps that is a story for another time when my banker permits. Lol. :proud:

Last edited:

naj_savvy

Known Member
Jul 11, 2006
Re: R3SN vs Imports

This is the story of my R3 Satria Neo (2011)

Approximately a month ago, I found a Satria Neo R3 (2011) with mileage less than 200km selling for RM67K at a used car shop. Upon close inspection, the car was indeed the limited edition R3SN (2011) and still had all the R3 performance parts. The interior was brand new (seats were still wrapped with plastic covers), and engine was super clean.

The oddest thing of the car was it only had been registered in May 2013. According to the used car dealer, this car had been sitting in Proton factory for 2 years, and was finally bought by a proton salesman who sold it after having it less than a week or so.

Now, the car is sitting handsomely in my garage. Although it has a few scratches on its paint, and some of the aesthetic parts are missing. But the car has never failed to put a smile on my face for many reasons. One, the price! I literally bought a R3SN that was brand new with a used car price, what a steal! Two, the amazing sporty driving experience, it is not a car that does 0-100 under 5 seconds but it screams for more throttle while cornering. Three, at this price, apart from the first R3 Satria GTI, I am not sure whether I could get another car that can give me the same ecstatic experience.

Some people may argue that many other imported sport cars could perform better on both road & track than R3SN, and ultimately it is a Proton’s product. I agree with the former and latter. However, in my personal opinion, I think this is one of the best cars in Malaysia for two reasons.

One, it is very affordable NA sport car for a typical young Malaysian bloke like me (lol), and relatively cheap to maintain. Yes, you may say so many other imported cars in the market can offer more in terms of performance, but the car which you are thinking is either a > 10 year old car or cost more than 160K recon (the cheapest 2.0 unreg recon car I could think of was a Civic FD2R, RM165K). It seems like year of the manufacture & financial factor simply do not exist in your equation any more.

Reason number two is rather subjective. I am not a big fan of Proton, because I think there are simply no quality control policies in Proton’s factory. It is not a perfect car, but I truly appreciate every thing about it even its imperfections. R3 Satria Neo does make me proud as a Malaysian. To me, owning this car is like being part of Malaysia’s history. This car is a definite keeper for many more years to come.

Now, I started having crazy ideas of restoring a R3 Satria GTI. Well, perhaps that is a story for another time when my banker permits. Lol. :proud:
Glad to hear that!! Such an inspiring personal experience story! Welcome bro. By owning this car you have automatically became a part of an exclusive group of owners. To make it official, do find our fb group "R3 Neo RS". Whats your car build no?

Jan 17, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi All,

My 2013 Silver Satria Neo R3 has just got its spoiler stolen.

It was sawed out from the base connecting to the car. (gergaji sampai putus)

Please to let me know if anyone has any info about anyone selling ori Neo R3 spoiler for a cheap price.

Or let me know if there are any other available details too.

Thanks all.

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
Hi All,

My 2013 Silver Satria Neo R3 has just got its spoiler stolen.

It was sawed out from the base connecting to the car. (gergaji sampai putus)

Please to let me know if anyone has any info about anyone selling ori Neo R3 spoiler for a cheap price.

Or let me know if there are any other available details too.

Thanks all.
wtf.. :mad:
that 1 also wanna steal?
using saw some more..
that spoiler can get cheap2 nowadays..can get clone one in the market..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

those i saw they use computer to tune car for n/a or carb
how does this thing works or called? what is needed? software cables? is that every car have ECU? any eletronic that can tuned the car performance? how eh? duno can DIY this thing ? i found the sofware and setting for the car model and manufacture :cool:

something like this? http://www.perfectpower.com/products/smt6.asp

must addon some kind of ECU pigiy back or something ? stock original cars carburator la or...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience