Satria neo r3 vs inspira 1.8 m

dinmsab

Jun 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Too many practical joes in this forum. Listen to your heart for once, that 2 door hatchback is way hotter than any 4 door family sedan can ever be. :)

The R3 neo is on a similar (if not more) performance level than the inspira, plus the handling should be a ton better.

This is YOUR car, don't care if your 5 kids can't fit in the backseat or if your wife complains that the suspension is too hard. If you want a practical car, get a myvi or vios. geez.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Too many practical joes in this forum. Listen to your heart for once, that 2 door hatchback is way hotter than any 4 door family sedan can ever be. :)

The R3 neo is on a similar (if not more) performance level than the inspira, plus the handling should be a ton better.

This is YOUR car, don't care if your 5 kids can't fit in the backseat or if your wife complains that the suspension is too hard. If you want a practical car, get a myvi or vios. geez.
i think regardless if your 16 or 61 the inspira 1.8m is the better all round car so it would be more logical to get that car over the neo r3 plus the neo r3 is way too expensive

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
have family/kids sure the inspira is all rounder best car, if single then neo,
i had to give away my putra when im married n have a kid and after tht realise still need more power n mT for better control so got ride of the pv6. now with 2 kids the inspira still ok n practical to have.
neo good also as 2nd car for some hardcore project car etc :P

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i think TS already inform here that this was for his 2nd car.... :driver:

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
see the inspira as a huge potential to mods. like 2.0 4b11 or better 4b12/2.4 to the MT and now got BOT to the 1.8inspira MT.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
now for me the waitin for a good setup or wrkshps that successfully transplant those engine mods and also the warranty period tht are killin me :biggrin:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
now for me the waitin for a good setup or wrkshps that successfully transplant those engine mods and also the warranty period tht are killin me :biggrin:
hehe better be patient i think its not worth to void the warranty considering its built into the car price
after warranty go nutsss!!! :burnout:
hope to see your car flying high one day :biggrin:

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
yea slow n easy, currently still ok with its power. cant drive slow thts the problem now and high fc :biggrin:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
yea slow n easy, currently still ok with its power. cant drive slow thts the problem now and high fc :biggrin:
yours is 1.8m right
then ok lah at least the suffering not so bad aso :biggrin:
can still whack
hehe for the fc just need to reduce the whacking abit :rolleyes:

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I have an Inspira 1.8 E, I have a race prepared road registered Satria GTI, Now my Inspira has 18" Rims, Torque is about 14, with 18" rims, acceleration from stand still is a Yawn. Higher revs ok.
Handling is also way too soft, I am talking about taking corners on NKVE about 170 - 180KMH. But ride is good, nice family car.
But if you like things raw and you are a young man, buy a R3 Neo.
We have broken into stock EMS via open source tuning. Similar to ECUTEK but its free!, will let you know through tuning, we can get some Horses.
Every thing still stock, will take out the cat and put in an extractor with a flexible Hose to replace cat. Cost about RM400+.
But I am not optimistic!
Maybe, we can get another 10 - 15 HP which hardly translate any feel of power to the car.
Put in a cam, nobody has develop a 268 - 272 cam for this car yet!
And at the end of the day, race cams develops power from 4K RPM.

But The Inspira lacks the low down torque!
Only solution, long term is to put in a Bolt on Turbocharger.
Supercharger is a problem.
I was really interested in putting an ATG Sprintex Supercharger, aka for Campro Engines. ATG is the company which produce the Sprintex Superchargers that will be put into the Neo's and Exora's.
But there is not much space in the front engine bay for Supercharger, Pulleys, new intake etc.
But the is hell a lot of space behind where you can put in a small Hybrid Turbo like a TD04.
Evo X half cut is too expensive, ie 50K above.
You cant finance it, so it will be out of reach of most people.
I think, people will pay for a nice bolt on Turbo Kit, if prices with tuning cost around 7K.
Keep you guys posted on development.
My motto, is I will not change any parts if there is no improvement to the overall performance of the car.
Dont let idiots con you on open pods, we have a good cold box, just change the filter element to K&N.
If you want, change to a proper Cold Air Induction system like Ingen, some one told me cost 2K+
All bull shit, I bought my APS CAI for RM1,300, I used it in my WRX.
So why performance parts for Lancer GT so expensive.
The other issue is the muffler, I bought a 2nd hand complete cat back FJK exhaust for 1K. Its stainless steel not Titanium.
Some people are asking for 1K for a 2nd hand Custom made muffler only.
Aiyah! Maybe lancer GT owners are richer than Subaru owners!

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

Bro, who has developed a Bolt on Turbo for Inspira B410?
Thank you. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

I dont shit care of Proton's Warranty. Front Shock absorbers are klonky in the morning, I am so lazy to ask them to replace as I am looking for a High Performance shocks like Billstein or Kayaba.
I just think all the shit which Proton localize is FXXXing up the car. The never do enough R&D.
If D Jan is watching this forum, I am sure he knows.
Maybe local vendors are the ones screwing up.
Local steering wheel controls buttons for HIFI are so stiff. again I suspect made locally.
But Jap bits in Inspira is spot on!
Proton, you only got one more chance to prove your self.
But the same comments on local Motor Image agent for Subaru.
Absolutely lousy service with incompetent mechanics. Please quote and unquote me.
Thats why everyone who buys a Subaru buys a "Grey" Import.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
james,
since u are so into performance, then inspira may not be suitable for u.
18" of course its heavy and pick up suxx.
the handling is true on the softer side n tune for comfort,much different frm LGT.
on local parts for upcoming cars this year will as we knw probably have probs.
when u got ut 1.8 ,its a MT right? since u jus mention 1.8E.

speedworks is developing the BOT

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site

no doubt the neo r3 may have better spec on paper, but the inspira will provide a better base for modding. since TS wants it to be for his own use and mod it, either car will do, but the inspira MT IS a better car overall, not because it has 4 doors. inspira has better interior and ergonomics too. more chance to mod interior as well. with the neo, you'll stuck with the 'batang' gear lever :rofl:

inspira suspension too soft? then mod la. i am pretty sure R3 is working their magic on the inspira.

the campro engine is a pos. this is a fact. 4b10 is better, but maybe overshadowed by the 4b11 like jamesweh said. few years down the road, i am sure there will be tons of aftermarket parts around the world. with the campro, you'll stuck with local heroes :biggrin:

TS needs to test drive both cars and buy whichever he likes.

Known Member
Jun 9, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
But if you like things raw and you are a young man, buy a R3 Neo.
We have broken into stock EMS via open source tuning. Similar to ECUTEK but its free!, will let you know through tuning, we can get some Horses.
Every thing still stock, will take out the cat and put in an extractor with a flexible Hose to replace cat. Cost about RM400+.
But I am not optimistic!
Maybe, we can get another 10 - 15 HP which hardly translate any feel of power to the car.
Put in a cam, nobody has develop a 268 - 272 cam for this car yet!
And at the end of the day, race cams develops power from 4K RPM.

if not mistaken neo r3 used 272 degree performance camshaft profiles
click here VIDEO: Satria Neo R3 reviewed the way it should!

may i know where to break stock EMS siemen vdo via open source tuning?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Get Dimensions
Width = 9.2
Height = 4.8

Switch
height - 1.9
width - 1.4

Get Materials.
Preferably Aluminium Sheet 0.7 mm or less. . Plexiglass might crack while cutting(Unless you have sum advanced Laser cutting machine.:p) If you're from Seremban, You can get this from Tukang besi..corner shop same row with Dunlop Tyre Shop in Temiang.. Right in front of the Traffic Light
Switches

Prepare...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience