Satria Neo CPS problem

jason_mufc

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
Sungai Buloh
My god ceejay ur problem is damn major wei.... CPSlover: Guess what I've been reading ur story from Paultan till here..... I really feel sad for u..... Wow, there are so many of you guys facing so many different problems. Well, I've been there and some of it I have solved. 1.) The wiper hitting the A-pillar: Can be adjusted if you guys have the right sized spanner. I did it already. Personally I feel the NVH is fine, it's not as bad as other cars and I work in the automotive industry :) My exhaust doesn't 'thud' either. And cmon guys, it's a Neo, it's not meant to be a highway cruiser that has whisper quiet engine note and insulation. For the price we're paying.... I think it's fair. What's stupid is the host of other major problems that you guys have eg piston problems, paintjob problems etc etc.

cpslover

Known Member
Apr 13, 2009
an update on the problems that might happen in the future!
As im doing overhaul now, my mechanic found out that my car is not the 1st case there are already a few "stock" cars that have the same problem having already claimed the warranty at COE. Since i modified my engine internals so i guess proton won't give me my warranty eventhough it has nothing to do with my modifications. The story is, this is a defect at the engine block. The 3rd cylinder block is a bit bigger than the piston and would easily blow the piston ring(eg. high rev) and then your engine eats your engine oil and white smoke will come out of your exhaust. But i think if you just drive normally it's ok and dont high rev. Now my car is in the workshop for a week T.T
So i hope this defect only applies to the already few of us only.
Wow, tis is major man......

Which yr is ur car? 2009 or 2010?

ceejay

Aug 3, 2010
Selangor
mine is yr 2009 got my car on september 2009.
i still don't know how true but mechanic found out that the 3rd cylinder block is slightly bigger.

cpslover

Known Member
Apr 13, 2009
Mine yr 09' too......hopefully no prob.

Wat u had mod for ur engine?

ceejay

Aug 3, 2010
Selangor
i just did port and polish to the head.
do you notice your blowby at the PCV valves kick out lots of oil and vapor?

chris1

Jun 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
wow. Come to think of it, i do hear a thud from the rear (right hand side) of the car on & off....at first i thought its some tools loose at the back. So its the exhaust chamber? Amazing. Thankfully i don't have a jerking problem. Took the car for a long 200km drive over the weekend down south of KL, car is really nice when driving on the twisty trunk roads of NS, but when it hits the North South highway the car is really noisy above 80kmph - the 5th gear is almost like 4th gear on another car. You know what would be perfect for the Neo? A 6 speed transmission, that would be absolutely perfect i.e. increase the ratio of the 5th gear a little bit and add in a really low 6th. Sorry, wishful thinking again.

victorlaw

May 16, 2006
I do feel the thud frm the rear as well. buuhuu. And my brakes feels like crap. I
ts so soft n spongy. Even my sister's 12 y.o wira's brake is way better.

Is it suppose to be like that ?

Latest issue is when i make a turn left or right there is some little squeeking sound. Its really annoying.

Hey to those who just collected their cars recently, does ur car keys come with the thundercat logo ? Mine is just 1 slot there. missing the logo.

chris1

Jun 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi Victor,

Yes i have the logo on my key. I say, how can they provide you with the key without the logo? Didn't your sales rep notice it when he passed it to you? This is funny. The strange thing for me is that when i went around scounting for the car, some branches offered the Captor system as part of the price. On that basis I thought the NEO CPS came with Captor as standard. When i bought mine the salesman said my batch 'tadak' Captor. So how come its so inconsistent?

yitjin

Jul 12, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well, lets hope these problems can all be sorted out within our so-called 5-year warranty period. I reckon i will be sending in my car for the 1k service next week, so gonna make super early appointment and camp there for a day. Can't do w/o my ride for any longer. Pls don't misunderstand that i will miss my car that much; just have no other ride :P

Things to fix so far:
1. Wind noise (whistling noise heard inside the car)
2. Thudding of the exhaust
3. Engine jerking. Notice it most often when i am in 3rd gear, revving it a bit, between 2800 to 3000rpm. Also feel in lower rpms with 4th gear. Chris, u are so lucky to escape this %@#$@ issue!

Err..did i miss anything?!

Victor, yea, both my keys have the logo too. Come to think of it, do our cars have Captor?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
cps comes with captor but lately heard no more captor....

chris1

Jun 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thats what my salesman told me too, no more Captor for latest batches, but the thing is the price never change:stupid:. So those who had Captor for the same price we paid, it was a extra bonus. Yes, i guess i am fortunate to escape the jerking thing, have revved it in all gears and its not there at all. But there are other problems e.g. thud at the rear, rattling sounds in the cabin, central lock that doesn't work properly, signal lights that don't 'snap-back' after making the turn, bonnet out of alignment. I know what people say...its just a Proton, so don't expect much, ya i know. I like my car even with its quirks, but the fact remains that Proton had 25 years to get its act right, and its not too much to expect a little bit more quality for a 57k - 60k car.

fusionnetx

Sep 26, 2009
Selangor
Hurmm..
Mine after 2 weeks driving found out the rear back absorber leaking..
engine jerking sometimes..

what is Thudding of the exhaust??

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Dear NEO CPS Owner,

There will be TT BERBUKA PUASA EVENT under Facebook Fan Page NEO CPS SPEED CLUB.

NEO CPS SPEED CLUB

EVENT LINK: P/S: Event is open to all, Muslims & Non Muslims. 1Malaysia :)

TT Berbuka Puasa Neo CPS Speed Club

info to meet and gather please refer to the link above.

justin_vspec

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Hey guys..I just booked my White Manual CPS over the weekend..Been reading all the comments since page 1 by cpslover..Hope my unit won't be a lemon..On the other hand, can't wait to recieve my new ride!! Delivery time within a month apparently..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
good....latest batch they replaced with safe tint.....so no more captor, just checked with some friends..:)

justin,
hope u get yr car fast...cheerz

yitjin

Jul 12, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Evolution,

I can confirm the new CPS has the tint. Its actually by Eco-Tint. But of lower grade la, and doesn't really block out the heat as i still get roasted on hot days. Feedback from other guys?

Justin,

Congrats man! Yes, despite the many problems most of us face, its still a pretty decent car. Key to me is its affordability and of course, mod potential. Fun drive.