RON95 & RON97 Myths and Facts

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Only Waiora_ProTuner wants to take up my challenge? Ok. Actually I'd like to try all ranges of cars. Not just the old 30+ year old engines. I offer my Sylphy for testing, not recent but not old either.

Let's compile a list of actual cars we can use for testing :

1. Nissan Sylphy 2010 (G11)

We'll start with just 3-4 vastly different cars for testing. Then we document the test with pictures and a dyno run before and after. This would be an epic test seriously!

Average speed is about 80km/hour.
:thefinger:

When people say their average is that slow.. it means they are taking the average of max 180km/h and 0km/h (idling stationery). Hehehehehehe

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Only Waiora_ProTuner wants to take up my challenge? Ok. Actually I'd like to try all ranges of cars. Not just the old 30+ year old engines. I offer my Sylphy for testing, not recent but not old either.

We'll start with just 3-4 vastly different cars for testing. Then we document the test with pictures and a dyno run before and after. This would be an epic test seriously!

When people say their average is that slow.. it means they are taking the average of max 180km/h and 0km/h (idling stationery). Hehehehehehe

ok then i'll guess i can jump in join the fun...put my old 4g92 sohc satria in the list... (even with old mmc pre-obd2 tech) it still got knock sensor...just i doubt it work in active manner like more modern car...

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006

2. Proton Inspira 2.0L 2013

I only have 1.6 Neo and 2.0 Inspira with me..as I dont want to test Campro NA (it's quite sensitive to different/better fuel) I put up my Inspira for test. :itsme:

Its the same category however with Sylphy..2liter CVT...later choose only 1...

Anyone have vios? the most important car to be tested...bone stock vios..
or Myvi...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I only have 1.6 Neo and 2.0 Inspira with me..as I dont want to test Campro NA (it's quite sensitive to different/better fuel) I put up my Inspira for test. :itsme:

Its the same category however with Sylphy..2liter CVT...later choose only 1...

Anyone have vios? the most important car to be tested...bone stock vios..
or Myvi...
Bro. cvkit......:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Din't test on your Jetta? That one VVT-i. :biggrin:

Those station want to stop selling to everyone. Those people using high compression engines will be so furious at this. If at KL, it would be supercar owners, haha.

Would like to offer my jetta for test but I'm not driving it all the time. More usage by parents.
Maybe I just join group Dyno haha!

Bro. cvkit......:biggrin:
Cbkit no longer stock myvi wor...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
1. Nissan Sylphy 2.0
2. Inspira 2.0 / 1.6 Neo
3. 4g92 sohc satria

Waiora_ProTuner dude, the Inspira and Sylphy share the same GB if I'm not mistaken. The difference might be too similar but it'll be an interesting check. I'd like to look at the Neo 1.6 though.

Any other cars? We need a larger variety then can choose which cars to test based on popular vote.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
1. Nissan Sylphy 2.0
2. Inspira 2.0 / 1.6 Neo
3. 4g92 sohc satria

Waiora_ProTuner dude, the Inspira and Sylphy share the same GB if I'm not mistaken. The difference might be too similar but it'll be an interesting check. I'd like to look at the Neo 1.6 though.

Any other cars? We need a larger variety then can choose which cars to test based on popular vote.
cbkit's Vios

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Perodua Kelisa :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Same like you, he does not drive it often, mostly by his sister......hahhahahhaha:biggrin:
Can ma, just see the mileage. Then note it down and make sure they pump RON97.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Would like to offer my jetta for test but I'm not driving it all the time. More usage by parents.
Maybe I just join group Dyno haha!

Cbkit no longer stock myvi wor...
Still stock minus the kuching box only.....hhahahhahaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Perodua Kelisa :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Can ma, just see the mileage. Then note it down and make sure they pump RON97.
Sister will say 97 expensive.....hhahhahahah:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Still stock minus the kuching box only.....hhahahhahaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Sister will say 97 expensive.....hhahhahahah:biggrin:
Cv pay...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Come in here and I see cb sana sini...knnaccb...my car no cbcb, only I am very cb

Apa test actually..I missed a lot of things huh

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
1. Nissan Sylphy 2.0
2. Inspira 2.0 / 1.6 Neo
3. 4g92 sohc satria

The auto Neo produce 87whp in stock condition (ron 95)..

At the end of its service it produce near 130hp (ron97)...its not a stock Campro anymore...the data obtained might not be usable..
And it have been more than a year without proper maintenance...got cet cet cet belt sound...

As for The CVT Inspira, it produce 112whp (ron95)...that's several months ago, might need to do dyno again..
can't wait to see the difference with ron 97...or not..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Currently the double signal button malfunction after I open it up. I tried to put it back, but it doesn't work after that. Please show some proper instruction to fix it please ><"
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience