RON95 & RON97 Myths and Facts

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
2 miracle happened to me related to petrol this week;

1.2008 saba blm auto.i fill up full tank Ron95 Caltex and my wife drove from Melaka to Shah Alam and back on Sat. Yesterday i notice there was 3 bar left.
I asked her did she fill up and the answer was no.Initially i thought it will blink soon but it does not and then i thought the fuel level is mad so to be safe i pump in full tank again at the same pump at the same Caltex station. When i calculate, it returned 14km/l. I have never got this figure before as best was 12km/l. It has new engine oil but that could not be the reason right?

2.I gatal try Ron97 BHP on my EX5.Fuel is red in colour and smell stronger. Low RPM is stronger as i can pull steadily at higher gear but what weird is i lose mid to high end pull. Why?
ex5 takdak ecu. plug gap need adjust kot? ahaha.

anyway, i've been using caltex 97 since i swap my engine 3 years ago. i can say that for highway use, caltex fuel is good. now i downgrade to 95 coz 97 price expensive. haha. still saving for highway use but slight low power coz i tuned the car for 97.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
2 miracle happened to me related to petrol this week;

1.2008 saba blm auto.i fill up full tank Ron95 Caltex and my wife drove from Melaka to Shah Alam and back on Sat. Yesterday i notice there was 3 bar left.
I asked her did she fill up and the answer was no.Initially i thought it will blink soon but it does not and then i thought the fuel level is mad so to be safe i pump in full tank again at the same pump at the same Caltex station. When i calculate, it returned 14km/l. I have never got this figure before as best was 12km/l. It has new engine oil but that could not be the reason right?

2.I gatal try Ron97 BHP on my EX5.Fuel is red in colour and smell stronger. Low RPM is stronger as i can pull steadily at higher gear but what weird is i lose mid to high end pull. Why?
Wife have lighter foot than you......hahhahahhahaha

Reactions: sanekit

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Wife have lighter foot than you......hahhahahhahaha
hihihi...actually her style is worse than me in term of constant throttle control.

i have tried cruising 60kmh from kuala pilah to melaka oso cannot achieve 14km/l...something not right somewhere.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
Caltex has cleaning additive. so car fuel line is cleaned with richer fuel intake

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hihihi...actually her style is worse than me in term of constant throttle control.

i have tried cruising 60kmh from kuala pilah to melaka oso cannot achieve 14km/l...something not right somewhere.
hahaha, same as my wife. Some how they don't drive fast but initial acceleration they tent to be heavy footed.....lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Light footed yet fast?......lol
ya lor...try to hide the acceleration so we dont look at the top speed. Just like last weekend when i got so tired after hiking and my wife want to send item back to Kuala Pilah.i had to let her drive after quarter way and i sleep at the back with my son.

I dont realize any sudden movement from any stop at junctions along the route but what woke me up was the car's body movement on corners and uneven road. She was going 20kmh faster than my cruising speed. For this journey i still pump Caltex 95 at the same station and pump.will monitor the fc.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
All the wives, racers in the making......hhahhahaha
now wives topic kah ? my wive kena speed trap. Car is my name.:bawling:
she bising car no power, i check carpet block the pedal.
Should have leave it that way at first place and tell her "like that lah".

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
now wives topic kah ? my wive kena speed trap. Car is my name.:bawling:
she bising car no power, i check carpet block the pedal.
Should have leave it that way at first place and tell her "like that lah".
Fuh! now can see all the wives, racers in the making except bro. Izso.......lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since buying a used Waja 1.6 (on the road 2002) just about a month ago for about RM15 K, I have been wondering why Waja has such poor resale value. The original Waja 1.6 auto price in year 2000 was RM64K and after 12 years has depreciated almost 80%. Of course this is true also of Continental cars and of Korean cars. The depreciation of the Waja is due to its replacement by Proton new Saga and Persona, also the Preve and the Campro models.
Before I bought it, I was looking at the Myvis and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience