RON95 & RON97 Myths and Facts

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Why why blame shell. anyway my area and travel route mostly shell and petronas. however, i always find ways to get caltex and bhp once in a while to clean up the fuel line
Some people insist on Shell la. Up to each individual. Now I exclusively refuel with Petronas, because got rebate.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I'm taking back my fucking words!! Shell is utter crap, car was sputtering on cold start while I have them in the tank. NEVER FILL UP SHELL AGAIN.

Y'all can laugh at me now.
Any suggestion on what other fuel is better than Shell? I'm thinking of switching for my Wira and see how it goes.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm taking back my fucking words!! Shell is utter crap, car was sputtering on cold start while I have them in the tank. NEVER FILL UP SHELL AGAIN.

Y'all can laugh at me now.
*pats you on the back* there there..

*kicks the chair under you and makes you fall*
*Laughs hysterically whilst pointing finger at you*

:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Why why blame shell. anyway my area and travel route mostly shell and petronas. however, i always find ways to get caltex and bhp once in a while to clean up the fuel line
Smarzs case is kinda similar to all of our cases. He keeps wondering why the car sputters and hesitates and after multiple mech visits he doesn't get any results. I tell him just try changing petrol and he goes and fills Petron half way. Takes a day or two for the Shell to clear out and hey presto... the problem is gone. Conclusion : Shell no good. Or the one particular station he went to wasn't good.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Smarzs case is kinda similar to all of our cases. He keeps wondering why the car sputters and hesitates and after multiple mech visits he doesn't get any results. I tell him just try changing petrol and he goes and fills Petron half way. Takes a day or two for the Shell to clear out and hey presto... the problem is gone. Conclusion : Shell no good. Or the one particular station he went to wasn't good.
Scared you kena sue by Shell. Actually his car no good. Not Ferrari, Shell fuel too premium for it, cannot take it so choke and sputter.

Not enough cylinders for proper use of premium fuels from Shell. If you drive Ferrari confirm no problem.

Reactions: Izso

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Any suggestion on what other fuel is better than Shell? I'm thinking of switching for my Wira and see how it goes.
Even Petronas is better than Shell lah...

My list;
1.Petron
2.BHP
3.Whatever station i see along the route which most of the time will be Petronas...Shell is a NO-NO

Shell is premium fuel,must be used by premium people with premium amount of cylinders,premium wallet content...

Only thing good about Shell is their collectible promotional item.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Even though most of us say Shell not good, But Shell station most of the time pack.....lol

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Even though most of us say Shell not good, But Shell station most of the time pack.....lol
I am one of those guys ... its because my free petrol has to come from Shell ... I rather get Petronas. Probably the burnt smell from heavy acceleration is due to Shell's petrol too.

Thanks,
Ken

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
How many times i must got promoted tk get cheap or better yet free fuel?

Now got parking lot only which i had only use twice for the past 2 month.Maybe i can rent my lot to buy fuel...hmmm.
Either you climb up the corporate ladder or be your own boss, i chose corporate ladder at this moment before i go down the boss route.

Thanks,
Ken

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Even Petronas is better than Shell lah...

My list;
1.Petron
2.BHP
3.Whatever station i see along the route which most of the time will be Petronas...Shell is a NO-NO

Shell is premium fuel,must be used by premium people with premium amount of cylinders,premium wallet content...

Only thing good about Shell is their collectible promotional item.
I'm actually thinking about Caltex. Petron VS Caltex, which one is the better choice?

The commoners don't care about fuel quality or power. Just want something popular and accessible. Is like MCD is not good for your health but you still see those places packed with people, hahaha.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I am one of those guys ... its because my free petrol has to come from Shell ... I rather get Petronas. Probably the burnt smell from heavy acceleration is due to Shell's petrol too.

Thanks,
Ken
Yup, many companies uses Shell fleet car

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'm actually thinking about Caltex. Petron VS Caltex, which one is the better choice?
The commoners don't care about fuel quality or power. Just want something popular and accessible. Is like MCD is not good for your health but you still see those places packed with people, hahaha.
You try both see what your wira likes loh.....hahhahha

Shell station also plenty, convenient to customer. Die hard like us different, but lucky for ma, Petron station actually closer to my home.....lol

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
Petron has the power, but wont give good mileage.
Caltex you need to pump few rounds, due to it's clean additive. once cleanup, it gives good mileage
That's y i try to go Caltex once a while to clean the fuel line

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Petron has the power, but wont give good mileage.
Caltex you need to pump few rounds, due to it's clean additive. once cleanup, it gives good mileage
That's y i try to go Caltex once a while to clean the fuel line
Really?

I don't get different mileage at all for any petrol except Shell. That makes the mileage worse but having said that my Innova takes any petrol like a champ and gives me shit FC either way. 9km/L for super conservative city driving regardless of petrol brand.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm looking for lambo door conversion kits for my car everywhere in penang and BM.

does anyone know where i can find it in malaysia?!!?

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience