RON95 & RON97 Myths and Facts

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
You try both see what your wira likes loh.....hahhahha

Shell station also plenty, convenient to customer. Die hard like us different, but lucky for ma, Petron station actually closer to my home.....lol

Maybe I should refill half tank or lesser to test. If I refill it to full tank, it is going to take some time before I finished the whole tank as Wira is only driven once a week.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Really?

I don't get different mileage at all for any petrol except Shell. That makes the mileage worse but having said that my Innova takes any petrol like a champ and gives me shit FC either way. 9km/L for super conservative city driving regardless of petrol brand.
Because your innova is a pig. You can put lipstick on a pig but guess what? It’s still a pig. Fancy... but still pig.

I'm actually thinking about Caltex. Petron VS Caltex, which one is the better choice?

The commoners don't care about fuel quality or power. Just want something popular and accessible. Is like MCD is not good for your health but you still see those places packed with people, hahaha.
Caltex is proven to clean, with its Techron additives. Google it, many independent reports on Techron. It’s not as great at cleaning as Seafoam, but it definitely beats all other petrol.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Petron has the power, but wont give good mileage.
Caltex you need to pump few rounds, due to it's clean additive. once cleanup, it gives good mileage
That's y i try to go Caltex once a while to clean the fuel line
If Caltex cleans so well, You might as well run on caltex fully.....

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
Really?

I don't get different mileage at all for any petrol except Shell. That makes the mileage worse but having said that my Innova takes any petrol like a champ and gives me shit FC either way. 9km/L for super conservative city driving regardless of petrol brand.
U may try monitor with Caltex. Sometimes I will buy a bottle of techron Injection cleaner on my old Mazda and pump 1 full tank before i service my car on the next pump.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Because your innova is a pig. You can put lipstick on a pig but guess what? It’s still a pig. Fancy... but still pig.

Caltex is proven to clean, with its Techron additives. Google it, many independent reports on Techron. It’s not as great at cleaning as Seafoam, but it definitely beats all other petrol.
Thanks for bringing up the Techron topic. I was actually searching for it this morning after seeing a Caltex advertisement talking about Techron. So, this Techron cleaning additives really work in your opinion?

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
Probably need use it all the time or more concentrated......:driver:
Cannot always la. fuel line haus kena makan nanti

If Caltex cleans so well, You might as well run on caltex fully.....
I preferred BHP as they are on Euro 4 petrol tight now. Only caltex when needed

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Cannot always la. fuel line haus kena makan nanti

I preferred BHP as they are on Euro 4 petrol tight now. Only caltex when needed
The video posted used it more concentrated and yet some carbon gets removed, some don't, so your tank full of petrol won't do much lah.....hahhahha

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Next refuel will be Caltex then. After that, I will post the results here. But I think won't be so soon.
Need quite a few tank full to get any results. but I know an outstation run works wonders. My wife's car is strictly taman/town driving. Plenty of stop/start, plenty of speed bumps, so her FC is really bad, and imagine the amount of rich fuel and carbon built up. One run outstation and can feel the engine super smooth already.....lol

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
Thanks for bringing up the Techron topic. I was actually searching for it this morning after seeing a Caltex advertisement talking about Techron. So, this Techron cleaning additives really work in your opinion?
Actually you dont need to buy the bottle.you can pump caltex fuel as it also has the techron cleanup additives.
i buy the bottle because i want faster results.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is done on a Persona Elegance.

Difficulty: 5/10
Time: Took me 2 hours because virgin. You will be fine with 1 hour.

Yes, another 20,000km. Time to get dirty!
Perodua Dexron III is only RM18/L. You only need 1L. Even less if you choose to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience