RON95 : Feedbacks

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
2 days ago, i drove my wife's car to pump petrol. Now, i saw RON95 and RON97 at the kiosk. Out of curiosity i pumped RON95 and tried it out. I mean, come on.. it's a stock car (Kia RIO), what difference will it make...

So i assumed "laaa".....

On the way back.. the car felt sluggish.. i thought it's all psychology.

Then I parked the car and went to sleep while my wife took the car out to get some groceries.

1 hour later...

She returned .. we had some small chat... and she said this:

"Oh dear, remember to service the car... i think something's wrong with it.. no power laaa.. i think maybe something's not right"

---

There.. that's my feedback... WTF man!:banghead:

binks

Known Member
Jun 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.homelifestyle.my
i just pump ro-95 recently into my MPV ...
never really tekan the car yet ... thus, not able not provide futther comment ...

but i assume sure got some issue wan ... imagine u been drinking 100% isotonic ..tiba-tiba u change to Carrefour ISOTONICE drink ...sure got different right ..

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
shit...but the media say that RON 95 is better then RON 97..meaning this is stupid info that release to public?

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
stupiak fuel laa and da FC also damn 9 teruk liow laa...overall dumb ass ron 95 petrol :banghead:

passo123

1,000 RPM
Aug 3, 2007
putrajaya/sban
hmm...iv been using this ron 95 since i was 1st launch at putrajaya...well i work there...its been 2 months..i guess...and the result...

i think its the same as ron97...
its cheaper....
no effect to my car....

overall its ok la...

p/s:i dun drive fast....

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
my personal experience, pumped into my persona at shell....i tot its 97 coz i didnt notice the pump coz the handle still green color.....except small stickers stating ron95. rm50.00 ok la..gets a bit more fuel than usual....

but its really sluggish coz when i accelerate, i need to floor my throttle then only my auto tranny starts to downshift....coz usually it works very smooth.....at highway....really can feel it....and maybe i am wrong, but noticed the fuel gauge indicator drop faster than normal......

so now dunno whether shall i keep pumping the rm2.00 ron97.......sigh:|

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
hmm...iv been using this ron 95 since i was 1st launch at putrajaya...well i work there...its been 2 months..i guess...and the result...

i think its the same as ron97...
its cheaper....
no effect to my car....

overall its ok la...

p/s:i dun drive fast....
bro..what car u drive?
myvi?

Hikaru33

May 4, 2009
I also pumped Ron95 to my Camry '00 2.2 yesterday and I think the power is not as meaty as before. Not to say the power is not there, but you gotta step on it that bit more to get it going. I think RON97 and RON 95 will work out to cost the same cause u step on it more to get it going in RON95.

Atleast there is no knocking issue. Imagine my car having drunk RON97 for the past 9 years and then suddenly is asked to drink RON95. This is like drinking red label johnny walker then suddenly ask to drink black label.....I think I will probably drink something else than black label....yucks....

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
my fren pumped 95 into his myvi....and when i sat in his car, felt no diff but maybe he din tekan...

this thread is GOOOOD

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
generally and theoretically... Ron 95 has lower octane.. how could it be the same as Ron 97...

duh~

anyways... our local papers are used to misleading the public.. :rofl:
even the way they compare our fuel prices with the rest of the world.. (eg. RM 2 divided by 3.6 = USD 0.55 /litre) waa...cheapest fuel in the world.. BUT.. it ain't...

BLANk

1,500 RPM
Dec 28, 2007
Sardine
www.zerotohundred.com
my personal experience, pumped into my persona at shell....i tot its 97 coz i didnt notice the pump coz the handle still green color.....except small stickers stating ron95. rm50.00 ok la..gets a bit more fuel than usual....

but its really sluggish coz when i accelerate, i need to floor my throttle then only my auto tranny starts to downshift....coz usually it works very smooth.....at highway....really can feel it....and maybe i am wrong, but noticed the fuel gauge indicator drop faster than normal......

so now dunno whether shall i keep pumping the rm2.00 ron97.......sigh:|
u better use ron97 la...da rm2.00 i think u no probelm for you...:rofl:...btw,i will stick with ron97 for my car because engines with thick carbon deposit will ping more because those carbon will induce hotter operating temp...

hornydrifter

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
KEY EL!
I use..v power all the way...luckily my office is near...dun effect my petrol so much...stick to v power..nvr tried the 95 octane before....I tink more or less lerr...is that differ soo much?

wira3319

Known Member
Feb 22, 2007
yesterday my fren pump this kind a fuel into their carb 1.5 wira..and his comment to me this morning..cannot use la..have to tekan abis..rasa mcm bw keta diesel..:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since buying a used Waja 1.6 (on the road 2002) just about a month ago for about RM15 K, I have been wondering why Waja has such poor resale value. The original Waja 1.6 auto price in year 2000 was RM64K and after 12 years has depreciated almost 80%. Of course this is true also of Continental cars and of Korean cars. The depreciation of the Waja is due to its replacement by Proton new Saga and Persona, also the Preve and the Campro models.
Before I bought it, I was looking at the Myvis and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience