Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Juz asking
After changing new rotor & pad thcar stopping power is much more better just when going to 80 & 90 km/h then suddenly stop the braking force is abit soft. Is like you know the car is stopping but you don't have the confidence the car can totally stop that kind of feeling.

Is it upgrade my rear drum to a 1.6 & 1.8 disk make it better or swap the brake line to steel hose type better?

Attachments

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Juz asking
After changing new rotor & pad thcar stopping power is much more better just when going to 80 & 90 km/h then suddenly stop the braking force is abit soft. Is like you know the car is stopping but you don't have the confidence the car can totally stop that kind of feeling.

Is it upgrade my rear drum to a 1.6 & 1.8 disk make it better or swap the brake line to steel hose type better?
also change to double pump servo...

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
He say is the exhaust layout. He say original wira 1.5 is not like this. Something like that. Since I don't know the original wira exhaust layout I can't say anything.
so basically hes just saying not stick, nothing too crazy.

Juz asking

my 2 sen.... brake lines wont really make a huge dif... not saying there's no dif, just saying its not huge.
the rear disks play a much smaller role than one expects.... also not saying its useless, just saying it wont make as much a dif as one might expect.

the brake pump yeaa... that will make the most dif sint it aint fade we're dealing with. just take note, with a big ass servo comes much clamping power but say adius to your modulation~ some of my incidents were due to bigass pumps in the rain

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Juz asking

Let the brakes settle in, take some time to bed in properly.......

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Juz asking

Rear disc wont help much.

Certain type of pad esp high performance pad does not work well at normal speed. It takes a lot of heat to get it working. BTW, brake pad need to be run in too. Let me 'baked' your pad...heheheh.

For normal street driving, semi metallic pad is enough. In total, braking rely on other factors too such as tires, suspension, chassis, apart from the brake system itself.

From my experience with my mum wira 1.5 auto long time ago, braking is sufficient. U just need to trust the system and press the pedal slightly more. That is provided the brake system is regularly maintained with fresh fluid, rear brake shoe properly adjusted, using decent brake pad & shoe.

The stopping feeling depends on the car weight, suspension, chassis. Cars like Viva will put on a show when stopping hard from 80kmh. Its throwing mass all over the place. Modern car with decent handling and chassis can hide all these and provided u with a composed body control.

Bigger servo definitely help but too big is bad as braking will be an ON or OFF affair.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
This is my muffler. And my friend say the exhaust set up is not normal. Don't know what he mean
oh that kind of muffer with small body memang loud. and yes the exhaust doesnt follow stock route and by the looks of it it's stainless steel piping and got no midbox/resonator. u can add resonator and see if it quiet things down a bit.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Juz asking

most probably the pads doesnt grip that much when it gets hot. what pads did u bought? either the pads or can be brake hose issue. same case, gets hot the hose expand so not much grip. brake servo pump stock one is ok dy for your car. check your brake fluid color if it's clear or murky.

rear disc brake just helps a bit jer. unless u swap full 1.6/1.8 front and back. and proton rear disc after a while brake dust gets around it, when u reverse your car every morning can hear the disc whine. hahaha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
This is my muffler. And my friend say the exhaust set up is not normal. Don't know what he mean
Your setup looks like you don't have a midbox/resonator. 4-2-1 then straight to the rear muffler. This kinda setup you can probably add a resonator in the middle to reduce the growl and exhaust noise.

Juz asking

Considering your car is old, I would look at the brake rubber hoses first. Are they still stock? If it's that old the hose is probably expanding causing the pedal feel. Change the hoses to new-stock rubber hoses or steel braided hoses. Don't bother with the servo just yet, make sure the stock system is working before you start messing with aftermarket stuff.

Reactions: minibeany

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
And also I found out that after installing the whole set control arm,the car is a little bit lifted. Juz a little bit not very significant la.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Honda Malaysia announced that the All-New Stream -- the second generation of the stylish 7-seater MPV (Multi-Purpose Vehicle), will be available for sale at all Honda authorized dealers in November this year.

According to Honda Malaysia Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Mr. Atsushi Fujimoto, Malaysian customers are anticipating and have been...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience